lola

Taylor Swift

If this ends up coming to fruition, I’ll only have the maddest of respect for her.  I enjoyed both folklore and evermore equally, and I agree while folklore might feel more like a “full listen” album, evermore has more songs I go back to and listen to on their own. I’d be very intrigued to hear one more Taylor Swift album in this cottage core vein before she goes off and makes something totally different I might not connect with as much. 

4 hours ago, Charlottexseax said:

I don’t get why her “fans” want her to burn out artistically so bad 

three albums in the span of one year is NOT feasible for anybody let alone somebody like Taylor who’s not Fiona Apple/Kate Bush/etc... 

like 30 songs in 6 months is more than enough especially cause half of evermore is ugly fillers who nobody listens to anymore and a third album is going to be even worse 

People want it because they don’t believe she’s burning out? Not sure why you think we have the worst intention. I think she’s putting out the best work of her career. Of course fans want new music that’s how it works

4 hours ago, domandapiano said:

one more Taylor Swift album in this cottage core vein before she goes off and makes something totally different I might not connect with as much. 

Noooo I hope she'll stick with the alternative genre for the same amount of time she spent with Country and Pop. I want 2020 TS to be alt all the way through the decade :defeated:

Spoiler

But I guess it makes sense, we got 3 albums country, 3 albums pop, 1 album between pop and country, and 2 albums alternative. If she does another alternative album I think her next 3 albums after TS10 will be a new genre (Rock?!)

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

5 hours ago, Charlottexseax said:

three albums in the span of one year is NOT feasible for anybody let alone somebody like Taylor who’s not Fiona Apple/Kate Bush/etc... 

like 30 songs in 6 months is more than enough especially cause half of evermore is ugly fillers who nobody listens to anymore and a third album is going to be even worse 

evermore is better than folklore so... 

i really hope theres a 3rd folk album coming :pray2:  

image.png

12 hours ago, Charlottexseax said:

i honestly feel like she thrived doing this! She was in quarantine like we all were, with a man she obliviously feels very deeply about..I’m sure her creative juices are just pumping and she’s loving releasing albums!!

And it’s not hard to believe she has 3 albums worth of songs, before the streaming age artists solely relied on making albums for profit and would release 2 albums a year! A seasoned artist like Taylor writing this many songs feels very genuine to me. She’s always been about the art and the era surrounding it 

i think most stans expect her to drop the trilogy, the re-recordings, and then take a semi long hiatus (at least I do)

"Don’t forget me"

Honestly if anyone can pull this massive roll-out is her, actually I don't believe it would affect her re-recordings at all, 1989 was MASSIVE people are gonna tune in either way if a new album was coming (and that new album would still sell like 1M in a week) 

I'd be down, I've still haven't digested Evermore completely, but Folklore was one of my AOTY and I love seeing talented people coming up with QUALITY music, so I'm up for whatever she's cooking

8nl2OpX.png

On 4/24/2021 at 10:27 AM, Charlottexseax said:

its like y'all forget the biggest artists of history like Beatles, MJ, Rolling Stone, Mariah Carey didn't used to do the same thing.. some even would put out 3 albums in  one year and in some cases, some of those short timed releases are no labeled as flops within their fans :benmawson:

Team delulu here!

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

On 4/28/2021 at 5:34 AM, TRENCH said:

its like y'all forget the biggest artists of history like Beatles, MJ, Rolling Stone, Mariah Carey didn't used to do the same thing.. some even would put out 3 albums in  one year and in some cases, some of those short timed releases are no labeled as flops within their fans :benmawson:

There was no streaming back then and artists depended only on physical copies sales .

On 4/24/2021 at 2:29 PM, Dominikx4 said:

evermore is better than folklore so... 

i really hope theres a 3rd folk album coming :pray2:  

I continue to replay Evermore over and over compared to Folklore, I prefer the lyrics and cold sound from Evermore compared to the warm one on Folklore.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

22 minutes ago, The Greatest said:

im a clown lol but I don't regret it I WAS BORED

You should be a lawyer or something cuz you had me CONVINCED 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?