lola

Taylor Swift

19 minutes ago, Mer said:

I'm shocked the F1RST Theory isn't true--it was looking like it was.

Also, from a business, standpoint she really had 2 options: re-release a couple albums simultaneously to cover-up decreasing sales, or space them out a lot and create hype. Re-releasing 5 albums within a year would've watered down her brand prestige and each album would lose a bit of hype. 6 months between seems like a sweet spot. 

i don't know about that,, because now by the end of this she'll have released 9 albuns in the span of 5 years and then... ts10? i think that will saturate her image a lot. i'm thinking if she will take a hiatus after the re-releases or go straight to ts10 era which would be... a lot. i don't know if the GP would be interested in her anymore after years of her releasing an album every 6 months. 

if she would've released all the re-recordings at once or in the span of a year and then rep in the begining of next year she would have some time to take a hiatus and rest her image so she could make a big comeback for ts10. now, when she releases ts10 it won't even be a big deal because everyone is already used to getting 2 albuns a year from her.

BUT ANYWAYS... she's smart i'm sure she thought this through and she will succeed. also I'M SO EXCITED FOR RED!!! it was my favorite album from her before folklore and evermore came out, i can't believe we're finally gonna get all too well 10min and all the b-sides!! it's a dream come true

I hate that fans were so “1989 HAS TO COME NOW” that they really forced her hand and she had to announce the re-recording 5 months early 

also, why wildest dreams Taylor! Why!!

"Don’t forget me"

1 hour ago, Style said:

if you're asking why style isnt on mine, its like #11 - #15, i just have it as my name on here cuz its an amazing song regardless :brows:

Yeah, I just assumed it would've been top 10 due to your user name.

Anyway, really looking forward to Red TV,  enjoyed the bonus tracks from the Red era even more than a good chunk of the actual album songs.

I wonder if Battle's gonna be included... that's Red era, isn't it?

"the world is a different place for the heartbroken" :crai: can't wait to finally hear red!!! even though i hoped that the re-recordings would be here sooner, but this is great news regardless <3 

On 6/16/2021 at 8:56 AM, Style said:

top ten taylor songs?

Spoiler

can't rank them

- cowboy like me

- enchanted

- dress

- don't blame me

- hoax

- all too well

- the archer 

- wildest dreams

- state of grace

- the 1  

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

The question of timing between the releases of her re-recorded albums if an interesting one, now that I read your thoughts. Do the songs get promo ? I know she posted some lyric videos etc... But I wonder if a casual listener like me (who has a generally favorable opinion of her music) would get the feeling of "That's too much TS!". I feel like the fact she's recording her discography made news but the actual releases have more hype within her fan community. I could be wrong, though, that's just my experience... 

Anyway, looking forward to the future releases. Red wasn't my favorite. I'll be more interested by 1989, I think.

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

8 minutes ago, BlueJeans said:

The question of timing between the releases of her re-recorded albums if an interesting one, now that I read your thoughts. Do the songs get promo ? I know she posted some lyric videos etc... But I wonder if a casual listener like me (who has a generally favorable opinion of her music) would get the feeling of "That's too much TS!". I feel like the fact she's recording her discography made news but the actual releases have more hype within her fan community. I could be wrong, though, that's just my experience... 

Anyway, looking forward to the future releases. Red wasn't my favorite. I'll be more interested by 1989, I think.

i don’t think she’s promoting them too much as they are essentially the same album, and because the end goal is for them to just replace the old recordings and devalue them. promoting 6 old albums that all sold massively would be so much overexposure in such a short amount of time it would probably make people tired of her, or that’s what she thinks anyways

so i think she’s spacing them out over time to see how fearless and red do, and if they sell and perform better than the old recordings she will just continue with the formula and if they underperform then she will turn up the promotion maybe?

51 minutes ago, Data said:

Yeah, I just assumed it would've been top 10 due to your user name.

Anyway, really looking forward to Red TV,  enjoyed the bonus tracks from the Red era even more than a good chunk of the actual album songs.

I wonder if Battle's gonna be included... that's Red era, isn't it?

Battle is actually called ‘Let’s Go’ and was written for Speak Now, according to her inner circle

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

2 hours ago, Mer said:

Also: Red Taylor's Version will be Explicit. 

i just noticed that oprah15... would that mean reputation TV would have her say fk on I Did Something Bad?????? oprah15

4 minutes ago, TRENCH said:

i just noticed that oprah15... would that mean reputation TV would have her say fk on I Did Something Bad?????? oprah15

I doubt she'd change anything on the OG's--probably the vault tracks 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

22 minutes ago, TRENCH said:

17 minutes ago, Mer said:

I doubt she'd change anything on the OG's--probably the vault tracks 

Well for one, the 10-minute version of All Too Well contains an "f-bomb"!

"It included the F-word and basically I remember my sound guy was like, 'Hey, I burned a CD of that thing that you were doing in case you want it.' And I was like, 'Sure.' I ended up taking it home and listening to it. And I was like, 'I actually really like this but it definitely is like 10 minutes long and I need to pare it down.'"

(Source: Billboard)

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

10 minutes ago, Elle said:

Well for one, the 10-minute version of All Too Well contains an "f-bomb"!

"It included the F-word and basically I remember my sound guy was like, 'Hey, I burned a CD of that thing that you were doing in case you want it.' And I was like, 'Sure.' I ended up taking it home and listening to it. And I was like, 'I actually really like this but it definitely is like 10 minutes long and I need to pare it down.'"

(Source: Billboard)

I can’t believe almost a decade later we’re getting the full All Too Well. I hope she keeps the shorter 5 minute version on the album too tho!! I want both re-recorded 

6 minutes ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

Idk if it’s been answered yet, But is she in a Maserati on the cover? That would be awesome!

yes, I think so. Notice the door handles: 

Spoiler

7ce493ef6e5e9ad9dff572a0c9850b73.jpg

24688675-1-3.jpg&angle=3.00&top=0.366666

Edit: actually the door detailing is throwing me off. Will further investigate. 

1 minute ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

Thank you for providing the image-hadn’t seen it yet. That’s a different car though, Imma be up all night looking. Thanks!

yes just noticed and edited. currently going thru their lineup to see if they have a door that matches