agreed, just hate seeing twitter rip her up especially my oomfs :( 

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

1 hour ago, Style said:

agreed, just hate seeing twitter rip her up especially my oomfs :( 

I mean she did it on purpose, so I‘m pretty sure she doesn‘t care :thumb2:

3 hours ago, Style said:

why did she just tweet that…. god she’s so stupid the comments are not on her side 

her businesswoman brain is intelligent. its clear that whatever moves she makes she's going to get hate, so why not be highkey shady 

I love it more than the original i also think it sounds even more like a lana del rey song which is GREAT i love lanas music i love having more. The changes seemed minimal so Im interested to see if theres more departive production elsewhere on the re worked record

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

6 minutes ago, Dealer Magnus Opus said:

I love it more than the original i also think it sounds even more like a lana del rey song which is GREAT i love lanas music i love having more. The changes seemed minimal so Im interested to see if theres more departive production elsewhere on the re worked record

i also prefer her version to the original, it sounds way cleaner and her vocals are more prominent. i'd like to think i manifested this as i was streaming 1989 yesterday :xgiggle:

I HAD CHILLS SHE MADE IT EVEN BETTER AND IT WAS ALREADY MY FAVORITE!!!!

ugh I am a lifelong swiftie, so happy to see this thread! so many reddit Lana stans hate on Taylor and it breaks my heart because Taylor loves Lana—she’s mentioned it so much but especially when she went to bat for Lana in front of the Grammy Committee members saying her work is ubiquitous to modern music. :crai:I’m sure Jack connected him and they’ve talked. I had a theory Lana was supposed to appear at Lover Fest (:rip:) because Taylor dropped several Lana Easter eggs 

…wow sorry I really just rambled there didn’t I?

anyways stream Wildest Dreams TV and the tringles+Arcadia :kiss2:

giphy.gif

this rerecording is so good tbh it keeps the feel of the original & even improves it a little. i hope that isn’t the cover of 1989 TV tho.. it looks like those 2014 insta posts with the borders edited in & not in a good way.

qfrWuBl.png

22 hours ago, yourolllikethunder said:

I HAD CHILLS SHE MADE IT EVEN BETTER AND IT WAS ALREADY MY FAVORITE!!!!

ugh I am a lifelong swiftie, so happy to see this thread! so many reddit Lana stans hate on Taylor and it breaks my heart because Taylor loves Lana—she’s mentioned it so much but especially when she went to bat for Lana in front of the Grammy Committee members saying her work is ubiquitous to modern music. :crai:I’m sure Jack connected him and they’ve talked. I had a theory Lana was supposed to appear at Lover Fest (:rip:) because Taylor dropped several Lana Easter eggs 

…wow sorry I really just rambled there didn’t I?

anyways stream Wildest Dreams TV and the tringles+Arcadia :kiss2:

please elaborate on the lana easter eggs

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

4 hours ago, Style said:

please elaborate on the lana easter eggs

So as we know, when Taylor mentions something repeatedly it tends to end up meaning something, and during the Lover era she mentioned Lana several times. The first was in her Entertainment Weekly interview next to several other Easter eggs in her ‘current pop culture obsessions’ that came to fruition—she listed Lana and said: 

Lana Del Rey

“Her imagery. It’s poetic. It’s also full of modern pop culture and throwback nostalgia. Anything that she puts out, I’m going to not only listen to but do a full read-through of the lyrics.”

And the next was when she mentioned Lana in her Billboard Woman in Music speech for her Woman of the Decade award—in front of Grammy Committee members while NFR was up for AOTY too:

Taylor said she had a ton of special guests lined up for Lover Fest, so I almost GUARANTEE Lana was planned as a Lover Fest West performer! I’ve been saying this on Reddit since 2019 hahah. I hope it’s proved correct some day!

giphy.gif