lola

Taylor Swift

I’m just gonna keep the vault tracks + girl at home tbh. The original Red is just better to me. These re-recordings are nice but the production of the original just sounds richer & more complete. The re-recordings kinda just sound like she’s doing karaoke covers of her own songs to fanmade instrumental remakes from youtube or something (good remakes tho, but it’s just not as good.)

& I really don’t care about the Scooter mess enough to not listen to the original anymore

qfrWuBl.png

2 minutes ago, The Siren said:

he profits off the originals more than she does smh

He’s def an asshole I don’t like him but I just really don’t care enough to listen to (imo) an inferior version of the album so money goes to millionaire 1 instead of millionaire 2. Said this before already but they got enough money it really doesn’t matter lol. She’s taking ownership of her work & I think that’s great, most of her fans are gonna stream the re-recordings anyway so she’ll be fine if I don’t jshdjf. 

qfrWuBl.png

the way that treacherous and the last time kind of sound better than the originals but she completely butchered i knew you were trouble and we are never ever getting back together??? regardless, i think the vault tracks were cute - you can definitely tell she was trying new things writing and production-wise at the time

I was honestly a bit nervous for the 10 minute version of All Too Well because it is such an iconic song but Taylor delivered :defeated:

On first listen a few of the songs sounded so off to me more so than Fearless but on 2nd and 3rd listen it def grew. I think I like the rerecordings more than the original versions (except I Knew You Were Trouble, that drop sounded too off...) but especially the title track it's amazing :oprah4:

giphy.gif 

12 minutes ago, Volta said:

BUT LOVING HIM WAS RED (R-E-E-E-E-D R-E-E-E-E-ED R-E-E-E-E-E-D) BURNING REEEEEEED

:beyonce:

WAS LITERALLY STREAMING WHEN YOU POSTED THIS SISTER

anyways here’s the real reason i came to this thread :typewriter: just went to starbucks and asked the barista (my neighbour) for the taylor drink and she literally sighed and said it comes out tomorrow (i’m pretty sure it comes out today, the 12th? to coincide with the album release?) and i think she just couldn’t be bothered to make it :pft:

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

5 minutes ago, Cherry Blossom said:

and asked the barista (my neighbour) for the taylor drink and she literally sighed and said it comes out tomorrow (i’m pretty sure it comes out today, the 12th? to coincide with the album release?) and i think she just couldn’t be bothered to make it :pft:

she’s already seen too many swifties today, give her a break:facepalm:

20 minutes ago, Volta said:

she’s already seen too many swifties today, give her a break:facepalm:

Idgaf I’m emailing starbucks and naming and shaming sorry she pissed me off and ruined my plans for Red release day :typewriter:

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

28 minutes ago, Cherry Blossom said:

i think she just couldn’t be bothered to make it 

isn’t it just a non fat latte with caramel? Maybe she just hates swifties. Sounds pretty easy to make. I’ll just make it at home bc I think Starbucks pricing is ridiculous (fuck the patriarchy) 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

39 minutes ago, Cherry Blossom said:

Idgaf I’m emailing starbucks and naming and shaming sorry she pissed me off and ruined my plans for Red release day :typewriter:

no dont fuck with her on girl omg 

47 minutes ago, Cherry Blossom said:

This is why people hate swifties. Stop harassing workers u capitalist swine

45 minutes ago, Mer said:

isn’t it just a non fat latte with caramel? Maybe she just hates swifties. Sounds pretty easy to make. I’ll just make it at home bc I think Starbucks pricing is ridiculous (fuck the patriarchy) 

I get all my coffee at the seven eleven bc they have these machines that do it all for you here in fl make espresso drinks better than starbucks and way cheaper hot or iced

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

5 hours ago, The Siren said:

he profits off the originals more than she does smh

She had a good record deal to have the net worth she has, She should have the majority song writing royalty, Hell didn’t born to die & lanas other early albums’ masters get sold off earlier this year? We don’t know the specifics but this isn’t a new practice or anything of not owning your masters. She probably would’ve gone broke buying her originals. I didn’t mean to rant :icant: it just bugs me whenever someone brings this particular subject up,

I’ll shut up, :ma:

IMG-3521.jpg

12 minutes ago, Dealer Magnus Opus said:

This is why people hate swifties. Stop harassing workers u capitalist swine

GTFO i’m obviously not being serious 😭 i really don’t care i told her to have a good day and went about my day i’m just exaggerating for jokes on lanaboards… 

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

8 minutes ago, Cherry Blossom said:

GTFO i’m obviously not being serious 😭 i really don’t care i told her to have a good day and went about my day i’m just exaggerating for jokes on lanaboards… 

Me too 😂😂😂

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

I fear for 1989 TV and Reputation TV if she doesn't bring Max Martin back to redo the songs he did. He's probs very expensive to work with compared to other producers but remaking a literal pop master's instrumentals just doesn't work, it'll always sound cheaper. 

qfrWuBl.png

My biggest takeaways as a swiftie since 2006:

- cried at “nothing new”—the sheer power of hearing Taylor worry at 22 that her allure would fade, while we sit here now, knowing she is about to turn 32 w/ that same album charting #1 AGAIN, fresh off a year w/ her 3rd AOTY Grammy win & 2 of her most acclaimed albums EVER!

- I AM SO EXTREMELY SHOOK AT AWT10MV!!! SHE REALLY TOOK THE CROWN JEWEL OF HER CATALOG & MADE IT AN IMPOSSIBLE 10X BETTER?! SOMEHOW?!!!! I WAS NOT EXPECTING THIS?! the new phrasing & production are just sheer perfection & all the new details she’s sharing with us just-😭

- I really love Red TV — It allows us to go so much deeper and get way more diaristic details about a pivotal year of heartbreak in her life. The new production is so detailed and clear. The rock songs I loved are rockier, the folksy heartbreak ballads even more crisp and biting. I love the singles even more than I used to, even though I play those least that’s about to change! The 10-minute version of All Too Well is her best song. The Phoebe collab! Synthpop vault tracks!! I have so many emotions!!!! 

giphy.gif

Taylor when Swifties begin slandering the production of her Red version:

I actually love this version, aside from 22 and Stay Stay Stay and the Ed Sheeran vocal collabs, the songs would be 1000 better without him (songs I never liked)

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2: