lola

Taylor Swift

i'm actually surprised to see people are hating on the lyrics, ain't her whole "thing" supposed to be a lyricist first and foremost? or as her fans like to call her, the writer of the century :eartha: she should finish fucking up her old songs and then really take her time for the next record, these cash in releases ain't it

Spoiler

okey but actually the album is not THAT bad, its not her solar power moment at all, it still has bangers like MAROON or BEJEWELED, and the whole vibe is still there, even tho the aesthetics are not really matching to the sound of the album, it is still worth to listen to, in some ways its improved and fresh Lover but not the continuation of its sound, its still new and interesting, and i think some other songs will grow on me for sure! but snow on the beach seems to be the most folklor-ish song from the album, i still hope that actual version will be with the second verse (tho i know its not gonna, just hoping :toofunny:) then itll work the bestest way... but actually i dont find it that bad and unlistenable as some comments out here, its still cool and cute:)

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

Karma is good but that’s because it’s like definitely a reputation song. The rest are meh. Question and Labyrinth are cute but seriously what a let down. Question and Vigilante sound like imitation SOPHIE songs :oic2:

I only like mastermind because she called me out

snow on the beach is a literal gnomeo and Juliet song 

1 hour ago, lanaismamom said:
  Hide contents

okey but actually the album is not THAT bad, its not her solar power moment at all, it still has bangers like MAROON or BEJEWELED, and the whole vibe is still there, even tho the aesthetics are not really matching to the sound of the album, it is still worth to listen to, in some ways its improved and fresh Lover but not the continuation of its sound, its still new and interesting, and i think some other songs will grow on me for sure! but snow on the beach seems to be the most folklor-ish song from the album, i still hope that actual version will be with the second verse (tho i know its not gonna, just hoping :toofunny:) then itll work the bestest way... but actually i dont find it that bad and unlistenable as some comments out here, its still cool and cute:)

With all due respect, Taylor wishes this album was as lyrically mature as anything on Solar Power.

IMG-7960.jpg

I listened to it and while I don't hate it, I also don't love it. Outside of a few tracks, I'm just indifferent on it, and even the songs I like, like Anti-Hero have something in them that stops me fully loving the songs (in that case, the sexy baby lyrics)

I'll need a few more listens with it but on first listen, it's not a favourite of mine

8 hours ago, Motorcycle Love Divine said:

i'm actually surprised to see people are hating on the lyrics, ain't her whole "thing" supposed to be a lyricist first and foremost? or as her fans like to call her, the writer of the century :eartha: she should finish fucking up her old songs and then really take her time for the next record, these cash in releases ain't it

I think the vault songs are better than Loser and Me!nights 

Mfhp.gif

5 hours ago, lanaismamom said:
  Hide contents

oh i dont know about that, I could listen to Solar Power muuuuch more than anything on this album. Bejeweled sounds like it could be the next Winx club theme song

I don’t think it’s that bad, just not as good as Folklore/Evermore (Tbf it can be pretty hard to top those). The jazzy/midcentury marketing for this was really weird and misleading though lol. There’s some cool indietronica/chillwave-ish and synthwave moments on here 

sgopYhV.gif

Goodbye Red TV era. You were my comfort aesthetic. The SNL performance, the Wildest Dreams TV drop, the skinny vanilla lattes, the “right before the holidays” vibes. Sigh. 

Spoiler

45-C34-D5-C-70-DB-45-B0-948-A-81-C6-BEFF
04-DA2-AC7-A468-441-A-9364-CB821-BEA0590

7-BC1-BE64-68-CD-46-B9-85-EE-6-BF8-EC1-D

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

Midnights received a total perfect score from The Independent (which gave folklore 80/100)

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️