lola

Taylor Swift

I love it tbh, I’m here for the production, the bizarre structures, some kitsch lyrics

but my damn TSwizzle does it for me. Just had an album listen through with my friend and I’m here for it. All of Midnights and half of the 3am songs, and the HitsDifferently bonus track is a bop. 

she does it again

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

19 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

currently has one of the lowest user ratings on albumoftheyear.org from her albums, even behind Lover

https://www.albumoftheyear.org/artist/323-taylor-swift/

I trust that more than bought reviews in major magazines.

User scores don’t matter that much :party:

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

Cute album, i expected folklore 3.0 but 20 songs ? when half of them sound the same? lord :stareney: production’s okay but sounds inexpensive and kinda cheap ish at times. Most of the lyrics are… corny and not far from the Hey kids spelling is fun abyss. It’s your typical Taylor record, it’s fine, cliché pop, not enveloppe pushing nor something you never heard of her. The paid for critic reviews and 95 metacritic score is definitely sending tho i’ll give her that :popcorn:

6/10

BUT i’ll give credit where it’s due, taking the best parts of Beyoncé’s promo (lol) tactics, refining them and doing them better than her? She has the mind of a (evil) mastermind!!! Serving album + act II + a visual album + confirmed upcoming tour all in one week when Blue Ivy’s client hasn’t even given a tenth of that since her album came out months ago? bravo Taylor bravo :gclap:

39 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

currently has one of the lowest user ratings on albumoftheyear.org from her albums, even behind Lover

I saw the score from AV CLUB being 7/100 but it disappeared... :popcorn:

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Furor Poeticus said:

I’m about to listen to it so please tell me if it has many highlights, if there’s a lot of fillers and if it was worth the wait at all?

It’s all personal opinion bebe just listen and see how you feel about it

But so I’m not annoying and actually respond to you

i will say i think there’s a good bunch of bops and the 3am tracks are predominantly fillers, some tunes are unexpected

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

44 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

i trust my ears more than people with marina and the weeknd avis just calling the album "bad" and "mid" with random negative scores and no proper reviews... like please. "i want to like it so bad but i can't"... yeah i'd rather read paid reviews 

SOTB is actually really nice but yeah, Lana’s presence limited only to backing vocals is very disappointing. Like for real, the only time I’ve heard her clearly was half a second in the line: Are we falling like snow at the beach? In the final chorus 

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

40 minutes ago, #vapeinfluencer said:

tbh midnights is actually so good and i can see taylor exploring new sounds and im here for it, i dont understand all of the hate thats coming by with this premiere

it's not new sounds, it's Melodrama sounds

Just listened to the 3am edition, and while I still have some of the same problems as on my first listen (mainly some of the clunky lyrics), some of the songs have grown on me more (Anti-Hero, Karma and Mastermind). I definitely prefer the bonus tracks (especially Would've, Could've, Should've) over half of the main album though but even Solar Power grew on me eventually so I'm sure this album will too