lola

Taylor Swift

I might listen to Midnights. It's the first time I'm interested by her visuals. I've never listened to any album by her before. Let's see where this goes.

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

9 minutes ago, zombie girl said:

it’s not just a deluxe edition either, it’s SEVEN songs, bigger than the average EP. we thought we were getting 13-14 songs last night and we got over 20, sounds like a pretty good surprise to me

And the Target edition which I just picked up to hear the not-streaming-yet “hits different” (which totally slaps) and the two remixes! Literally 21 songs and 2 remixes and a music video and promise of many more within only 24 hours 😭 holy shit 

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, yourolllikethunder said:

And the Target edition which I just picked up to hear the not-streaming-yet “hits different” (which totally slaps) and the two remixes! Literally 21 songs and 2 remixes and a music video and promise of many more within only 24 hours 😭 holy shit 

ok but somewhere, a target exec is crying and throwing up bc they thought they secured the only bonus tracks for the album for their exclusive release. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

Just now, Mer said:

ok but somewhere, a target exec is crying and throwing up bc they thought they secured the only bonus tracks for the album for their exclusive release. 

I literally thought this last night when she announced 3am !!!!!! lmao I was like this really devalues the Target version without those seven tracks even huh :flop:

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, yourolllikethunder said:

Wait “hits different” is another new exclusive song? Is that the only one? Pls I can’t keep up and I wish LDR spoiled us like this with official releases :toofunny:

Just now, zombie girl said:

i will warn you that the visuals are very misleading, i feel like a lot of fans who were/are disappointed feel that way because they went into it with different expectations because of how taylor’s marketed the album. it doesn’t sound like what it looks like

Damn! That sucks. I really like the art direction and aesthetics and visuals of Midnights. I think I will listen to it nevertheless! Thank you! 

4 minutes ago, zombie girl said:

i will warn you that the visuals are very misleading, i feel like a lot of fans who were/are disappointed feel that way because they went into it with different expectations because of how taylor’s marketed the album. it doesn’t sound like what it looks like

the teaser trailer for the music videos makes it make a bit more sense! but I agree, everyone being positive it would be 70s soft-rock or dream pop (me included) was a bit shocked haha 

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Wait “hits different” is another new exclusive song? Is that the only one? Pls I can’t keep up and I wish LDR spoiled us like this with official releases :toofunny:

yes the LAST NEW ONE hahaha then there’s just remixes of YOYOK and Sweet Nothing with it on the Target version

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, zombie girl said:

it’s still good though just like, i think anyone is gonna be let down if they go into it expecting some 70s soft rock/folk/psychedelia when it’s a pop album through and through. i saw someone compare it to caroline polachek’s work and i think it’s a fair comparison for the most part

I'm listening to it and I'm liking it so far! Wow. I never thought I'd ever say that about a Taylor Swift song since I didn't like any of the ones I listened throughout the years :excited:. I'll come back later with the final thoughts! HAHA

Just now, tt1pdvinyl said:

can someone post the lengths of the 3 Target bonus tracks please 

Hits Different 3:55
You're On Your Own Kid (String Remix) 3:20
Sweet Nothing (Piano Remix) 3:20

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

4 hours ago, NikoGo said:

I can’t believe there’s 7 new songs that nobody knew about :lanahottie:

I still haven’t been able to listen to the full album because I’m currently on a birthday trip but I can’t believe I have even more songs that I thought!! I’m glad Aaron came back even for only a couple songs, him and Taylor really do make magic together! I’ve seen a lot of criticism about her lyrics but after folklore and evermore I’m glad that she’s dialing the lyrics back a little. FL/EM we’re huge pills to swallow 

omg I just noticed he's credited on the great war, I loved it! I'm still listening the remaining "Side B" tunes tho

1. Your On Your Own, Kid 

2. Anti-Hero 

3. Maroon 

4. The Great War 

5. Bejeweled 

6. Karma 

I love this album way more than rep or lover, and I can’t even compare it to folk/more bc it’s so different. It literally sounds like an after party at midnight. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift