lola

Taylor Swift

i’m getting called passive aggressive for providing a user (who….what are they doing in the Taylor Swift thread besides being hateful and complaining about her lyricism? lol) with a link to a tweet about Lana Del Rey acknowledging the song….erm okay! :raven:

ot: Karma is a good song, i honestly think the purring like a cat in my lap line is adorable. :party:

And Lana is running around with her horse sweater while she is breaking records :trisha::trisha:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

Sitting with the album I really enjoy/like it. I’ve had it on repeat on and off. 

It’s a really nice mix of pop and the sound she explored in Folklore/Evermore as others have said. Yes it has some moments and songs where I’m like mehhh really (cringe) but it also has moments that wow me and pull me in. I don’t know what it is but I feel like a full circle moment for her and it is really endearing to watch and experience. 

This is my first Taylor album release to follow since her early days so it is just really refreshing and nice to experience. 

Also her mind/business savvy/performance is just so insane and admirable. People shit on her but she keeps doing what she wants and excelling. Definitely have to respect that. 

This album is better than Lover. But I still hope that she goes back to her Folklore/Evermore sound at some point. That's her best music. I know that the general public loves the pop stuff more, but at the end of the day those songs will age worse and can't compare to her magnum opus aka Folklore. Reputation aged much better compared to her pure pop stuff (imo).

anigif_enhanced-buzz-3260-1375807715-35.

1 hour ago, letterblue said:

i’m getting called passive aggressive for providing a user (who….what are they doing in the Taylor Swift thread besides being hateful and complaining about her lyricism? lol) with a link to a tweet about Lana Del Rey acknowledging the song….erm okay! :raven:

ot: Karma is a good song, i honestly think the purring like a cat in my lap line is adorable. :party:

I called your response passive-aggressive because of what you added which was “since you’re so concerned” simply because I was wondering why wasn’t Lana mentioning the track/collaboration at all. Please don’t play these games with me, I’m 100% bullshit free and don’t have any patience for this type of back and forth. Be nice or be gone, please.

IMG-7960.jpg

Honestly, I think Taylor’s at the point in her career where she could go back to pure country like Fearless and Taylor Swift (especially after Taylor’s Version drops), then back to pure pop the succeeding album, and then back to that alternative folk sound she had with folklore and evermore and her success wouldn’t really be hindered. She’s opened her fanbase up to so many different genres and styles of writing and music, and the majority of them love her for her personality also, that everything she does from this point onwards will do amazingly in my opinion. At least for the next 5 or so years.

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

3 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

I called your response passive-aggressive because of what you added which was “since you’re so concerned” simply because I was wondering why wasn’t Lana mentioning the track/collaboration at all. Please don’t play these games with me, I’m 100% bullshit free and don’t have any patience for this type of back and forth. Be nice or be gone, please.

you quoting me with this........back and forth, i have to laugh honestly....the lack of self awareness is hilarious and sad. be nice or be gone, please and try to stay on topic. no need to quote me any further. <3

OT: i wonder when we get more videos? when she announced that it would be a visual album i kind of woke up expecting all the videos to be available to watch.

8 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Be nice or be gone, please.

I mean…you did come here and call Taylor’s lyrics “disturbing” and insinuated that those who enjoy them are falling for some empty cash grab…

1 minute ago, letterblue said:

wonder when we get more videos? when she announced that it would be a visual album i kind of woke up expecting all the videos to be available to watch.

we’ll get the second video midnight Tuesday if I remember the manifest right! No word beyond that 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

Just now, Mer said:

I mean…you did come here and call Taylor’s lyrics “disturbing” and insinuated that those who enjoy them are falling for some empty cash grab…

I called her antics directionless cashbrags. Whether people agree with me or not or fall for it or not is not any of my business. I don’t think I hold that much power over y’all. I’m happy y’all are enjoying it.

IMG-7960.jpg

Also can we talk about the part in would've could've should've where she says give me back my girlhood it was mine first :cryney2:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

I find it so funny how Lana stans look at Taylor's work as less of, if Lana came up with a record like this they would eat it up and acclaim it to the heavens :rip:

Anyways, her numbers are absolutely insane, she's definetly on her own league along with Bad Bunny

8nl2OpX.png

I really think that this would've been a much stronger record with the tracklisting below. It definitely feels more pop than the folkmore era but still feels a progression on her sound. Unlike some of the other songs that feel like a regression. The 3am Edition really saved this album for me...

Spoiler

01. Midnight Rain

02. Maroon

03. Anti-Hero

04. Snow On The Beach

05. Would've, Should've, Could've

06. The Great War

07. Bigger Than The Whole Sky

08. Labyrinth

09. Sweet Nothing

10. High Infidelity

11. You're On Your Own, Kid

12. Dear Reader

The most worrying thing about this project is that she could've put half this album out as From The Vault tracks for reputation and I don't think we'd question it? For example:

reputation (Taylor's Version):

Spoiler

01. ...Ready For It?

02. End Game

03. I Did Something Bad

04. Don't Blame Me

05. Delicate

06. Look What You Made Me Do

07. So It Goes...

08. Gorgeous

09. Getaway Car

10. King Of My Heart