lola

Taylor Swift

3 hours ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

Taylor has praised Lana four times, wow.

I love that the two times she's done it in public she's always asked the audience to applaud her.

Four times? I only know about that Billboard speech :popcorn:

Anyways, I didn’t like the new Taylor Swift video for a plethora of reasons, one of them being that I hate that kind of aesthetic and another reason being that I’m still stuck with that angsty insomniac 70s aesthetic of the album photography. That’s on me for thinking she was going to explore that kind of visual approach.

IMG-7960.jpg

So what do we do when this becomes the GLITTER GEL PEN STADIUM TOUR?

Spoiler

01. Lavender Haze

02. Paris

03. London Boy

04. Gorgeous

05. Midnight Rain

06. Question...?

07. Lover 

08. Vigilante Shit

09. Look What You Made Me Do (Taylor's Version)

10. Shake It Off (Taylor's Version)

11. Karma

12. Love Story (Taylor's Version)

13. Mastermind

14. You Need To Calm Down 

15. Bejeweled

16. The Man

17. I Think He Knows

18. ME!

19. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together (Taylor's Version)

Encore:

20. All Too Well (10 minute version)

21. cardigan / willow / august [Medley]

22. Anti-Hero

9 hours ago, AlexIl said:

P.S. It seems like there's one more music video left from this era, and some think it might be Lavender Haze because 3+9+1=13 :rip:

she said it was a VISUAL album. meaning every song should have a music video.

6 hours ago, Sportscruiser said:

Four times? I only know about that Billboard speech :popcorn:

Anyways, I didn’t like the new Taylor Swift video for a plethora of reasons, one of them being that I hate that kind of aesthetic and another reason being that I’m still stuck with that angsty insomniac 70s aesthetic of the album photography. That’s on me for thinking she was going to explore that kind of visual approach.

Yes! Taylor mentioned Lana on SNL

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

Ok I am SO confused. Out of all the great songs on this album… she chooses the ONE that I deleted from my music library as the second music video?! Bejeweled literally gives nothing yet has this amazing video.. it just feels WRONG. 

IDGAF. Bejeweled is so infectious. I am starting to really love this album, it’s growing and feels more complete the more I listen to it - rather than the initial collection of random songs that I felt it was at first. Not really a fan of Vigilante Shit but I love the majority of the others and like the rest. 

Off the midnights topic but on the taylor topic… Style is one of the only songs to give me goosebumps. The descent in the instrumental to that first chorus is actual pop music history

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

3 hours ago, annedauphine said:

I'm so dumb for letting LB ruin my excitement of this record, I finally bit the bullet yesterday and have been listening to it on a loop ever since. I love Vigilante Shit idc idc idc

Yup, based on reviews here I thought I’d hate it but it’s been on repeat for me since release date. Not regretting my preorders after all, except I wish the 3 AM tracks were included on one of them 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

1 hour ago, zombie girl said:

i really don’t think this is a visual album, and she never called it that, she called the music videos “projects to explore visually the world of this record”. the teaser trailer only has 3 or 4 different music videos in it, unless nothing else has been filmed yet i think that assuming it’s a full visual album is kind of setting yourself up to be disappointed :defeated: hopefully in the future though, it’s the next thing on her legacy checkbox

yes i do not think midnights is a visual album. i think anti-hero, bejeweled, & lavender haze will be the only music videos. if any others get videos, they will come along later but i do not think even close to evwry song is getting one. plus she seems keen on moving onto speak now tv soon. i think she will wait til early next year to release it tho since it will be 13 years since speak now. but i assume once the lavender haze video is out, she will announce speak now tv formally & we will not get anything else from midnights. that is my assumption at least. but taylor definitely has some plan that she has probably perfectly scheduled months ago.

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif