lola

Taylor Swift

On 1/7/2023 at 9:59 AM, The Love Witch said:

I think the fact that Reputation, Lover, Folklore and Evermore weren’t record-breaking albums with massively successful single-releases fucked with her brain.

She's a narcissist. Narcissists can't take defeat. They also can't stand seeing others be more popular or successful than themselves.

Edit:

This acceptance speech is further proof of her blatant narcissism. She won AOTY for a second time over the clear POC-favorite, Kendrick Lamar (WHOM SHE EVEN USED ON A REMIX FOR HER OWN SINGLE TO INCREASE ITS POPULARITY AND SALES!!!). She didn’t take a moment to acknowledge him or her other competitors unlike Adele, who even said that Beyoncé deserved the win. Instead, she gave a speech filled with statistics about her being the only solo artist to win AOTY twice and applauded herself. Then, in classic Taylor fashion played the victim card again and acted like this was some huge triumph for women around the world. 🥴 

Flash forward to 2022: She was dying to work with a director famous for groping women on set as well as his niece and is known for his disgusting attitude towards woman. This is the same woman that screamed FEMINISM when it benefited her and talked about how horrible influential men like her arch nemesis Scooter Braun treat women (mind you, she encouraged her fans to bully and threaten him online after he bought her masters). Interestingly, she spends a lot of time thinking about how to take down her female peers with shady actions and antics. If you stan her, you stan the bully. The mean girl from high school who has dirt on everyone and who no one seems to dare to speak up against!

I understand criticising Taylor but this shit is so fucking pathetic - you literally do not know her. She won an award that was voted on by a committee of people. Yes, TPAB is better everyone knows that but it didn’t win. Is she supposed to accept the award and give her speech saying someone else deserved it? 1989 is also a great album. Also, her speech has a purpose and a meaning, it’s inspirational for a lot of young women. 

The way you act specifically on here in regards to Taylor is actually so pathetic and childish like do you even hear yourself. You’re completely incapable of having a mature conversation about Taylor and her career. 

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

Some of y'all need to get off twitter, and stop turning every other discussion forum into twitter...:bebe:

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

It’s actually so frustrating coming into this thread to talk about Taylor and her music with other Taylor fans and seeing the same 3 users camping in here with the same points over and over again about how they think her music is mid and she’s a capitalist and has an annoying fandom.

We literally do not fucking care. and people like the ocean who are too afraid to admit they like an album so they have to clarify that anything good Taylor’s done ‘isn’t revolutionary’ etc like oh my god just shut up 😭😭😭 literally so annoying do you not have anything better to do… just a bunch of sheep and people who think any fan of Taylor is going to read their opinion on her and think oh yeah actually all her music is so bad 

sorry but every page of this thread is, like i said, the same three users disturbing a handful of taylor’s fans that are on this forum to just hate on her it’s actually draining go and make a new preleak thread or something and leave us and our album rankings in peace.

Anyway I honestly think Midnights had some of her best aesthetics. I really am glad she keeps working with Beth. 

Taylor-Swift-3-1.jpgFfkXZAnWAAMKN5o.jpg:largeil-trailer-di-midnights-di-taylor-swift-rivela-le-11-star-presenti-nei-prossimi-video-musicali-1666349226.jpg?resize=640:*

I don't even know who y'all are talking about because you're not saying names, so i'm going to assume it's delusional postings as always.

i've said i am a fan many many many times (check my last.fm :wink:) if you can't criticize your favorite artists and think they're above criticism from others or you feel offended by what people are saying here........i think there are deeper seeded issues within! :poordat:

On 1/8/2023 at 12:25 PM, cranekiss said:

im sorry but like how does she have so many fans :biblio: her music is about as flat as paper she has like no charisma or anything and she hasnt really done anything notable outside of music to warrant such a fanbase... is it because shes the only mid 2000s-early 2010s pop girl that didnt really waver in terms of releasing/public image?

^^^^^this is not criticism, this is calling fans of Taylor Swift stupid for being fans. 

1 minute ago, letterblue said:

if you can't criticize your favorite artists and think they're above criticism from others or you feel offended by what people are saying here........i think there are deeper seeded issues within! :poordat:

1 minute ago, Mer said:

^^^^^this is not criticism, this is calling fans of Taylor Swift stupid for being fans. 

me calling her music bland and being confused at how people are going insane over bland music isnt me calling fans of taylor swift stupid. its me being confused at what people see in taylor. if you take it that way that is simply not my problem but yours.

1 minute ago, cranekiss said:

me calling her music bland and being confused at how people are going insane over bland music isnt me calling fans of taylor swift stupid. its me being confused at what people see in taylor. if you take it that way that is simply not my problem but yours.

Oh yes how easy to spread hate and then throw your hands up and say "oh it's not my problem if my hate bothers you, that's on you." 

taylor bad evil poisoned water drinks blood of orphans eats heart of virgins cast locusts upon grain fields talks to satan every night etc

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

Just now, Party Favor said:

taylor bad evil poisoned water drinks blood of orphans eats heart of virgins cast locusts upon grain fields talks to satan every night etc

exactly and i told her i said ma'am

just for the record, i've never said anything negative about her music because i do enjoy most of it. i think her behavior as an artist/entertainer is the only issue i have with her and i think it's definitely something we should be able to discuss here. as for people only coming in here to shit on her and her music......idk what to tell y'all, ignore it i guess? i feel like it happens everywhere in any artist thread on this site or anywhere else. it's a part of life i believe.

12 minutes ago, letterblue said:

I don't even know who y'all are talking about because you're not saying names, so i'm going to assume it's delusional postings as always.

i've said i am a fan many many many times (check my last.fm :wink:) if you can't criticize your favorite artists and think they're above criticism from others or you feel offended by what people are saying here........i think there are deeper seeded issues within! :poordat:

My posts weren’t wholly directed at you, if you read them I said I have criticised Taylor over my many years of being a fan and think that there is room for criticising. In this thread I see your posts, and despite my person bias there’s clearly a point you’re making about Taylor that I can agree with. However I don’t think others are as clear and honest as you are with what you think and instead just decide to join in, not having a constructive conversation and just bash and make fun of her music/her fans because they see others doing it.

I don’t think Taylor is immune to criticism or a perfect angel but what my point is, when someone like me doesn’t have the friend group irl who likes Taylor where they can talk about stuff relating to her comes onto a forum like LanaBoards to talk about her and her work, it’s a little frustrating when users camp in the thread making it clear how childish and reductive they think her career and art is. Don’t you see how that can be a little annoying? 

Again like I said, your posts have a discussion and topic in them that excludes you from the audience Im trying to target but there are others like that tropico pfp that literally come in here with no valid reason to make it a hostile place

17 minutes ago, cranekiss said:

Do you have something else to do? Like if you hate Taylor and the people who enjoy her music why don't you just leave that corner of the world alone like :facepalm: – this is LanaBoards, go talk about Lana somewhere! Read a book! Get a haircut! I don't know, do something. It's very strange behavior and almost sounds like a closeted Swiftie if you ask me.

OT: I love the aesthetics of Midnights, I wish she would have given us a proper 70s album to match (even though I do like the album for the most part). I can see her taking on that sound closer to her 40s though, maybe even giving us her own Rumours. That would be amazing.

8V7Yvel.png

I truly believe Taylor has gotten into a rut with her songwriting, where she's stuck in 2016, because nothing of note has really happened since then. When things have happened, she has written pretty great songs, but Lover and Midnights feel like Reputation 2 and 3. She also seems to just not be able to write a song without including a god-awful millenial lyric that pulls you out of an otherwise well-written track. Maybe she had always written kinda cringe lines, but they felt way more tongue-in-cheek because she was a part of the younger generation, and had a better understanding of the cultural landscape, but now it comes across as forced or awkward. folklore and evermore were pretty incredible, Lover and Midnights also have some pretty incredible songs, but I fear that her musical peak has passed if she doesn't take a step back, work with new producers, and experiment with different genres. To compare her to Joni Mitchell, she was taking risks with her music and sound at this point in her career, creating albums like Hissings of Summer Lawn, and Hejira. the folkmore albums felt like a step in Taylor's artistic development, but Midnights was a giant step back. And that photoshoot, that incredible 70s inspired photoshoot, wasted on a pretty standard pop album. I feel like such a hater, but I'm not, I am a huge fan of her music, her albums from her debut to 1989 are some of my favourite albums, and the folkmore albums I adore, but I cannot stand seeing her songwriting potential being wasted on "safe" music. Midnights was such a giant disappointment, and I really hope she doesn't continue down this route, when she could be delving into rock, folk, jazz, chamber, ANYTHING.

Just now, Steeqhen said:

I truly believe Taylor has gotten into a rut with her songwriting, where she's stuck in 2016, because nothing of note has really happened since then. When things have happened, she has written pretty great songs, but Lover and Midnights feel like Reputation 2 and 3. She also seems to just not be able to write a song without including a god-awful millenial lyric that pulls you out of an otherwise well-written track. Maybe she had always written kinda cringe lines, but they felt way more tongue-in-cheek because she was a part of the younger generation, and had a better understanding of the cultural landscape, but now it comes across as forced or awkward. folklore and evermore were pretty incredible, Lover and Midnights also have some pretty incredible songs, but I fear that her musical peak has passed if she doesn't take a step back, work with new producers, and experiment with different genres. To compare her to Joni Mitchell, she was taking risks with her music and sound at this point in her career, creating albums like Hissings of Summer Lawn, and Hejira. the folkmore albums felt like a step in Taylor's artistic development, but Midnights was a giant step back. And that photoshoot, that incredible 70s inspired photoshoot, wasted on a pretty standard pop album. I feel like such a hater, but I'm not, I am a huge fan of her music, her albums from her debut to 1989 are some of my favourite albums, and the folkmore albums I adore, but I cannot stand seeing her songwriting potential being wasted on "safe" music. Midnights was such a giant disappointment, and I really hope she doesn't continue down this route, when she could be delving into rock, folk, jazz, chamber, ANYTHING.

i aint readin all dat

banner.png

suffer does the wolf crawling to thee