lola

Taylor Swift

1 hour ago, letterblue said:

does anyone actually listen to the 10 minute version of All Too Well? i deleted it from my Red TV because i find it excessive as fuck lol.

Honestly I find that time really flies when I listen to it. It's one of my most listened to Taylor songs on Last'fm (and my account dates to 2017 when Rep came out). Maybe it's just cause I love Red and I prefer Jack's production compared to the originals. I also just love the anger aspect compared to the originals sadness. I could see why it could be seen as excessive though, but for me personally I just love the Red era and album, and that song encapsulates the sound and wide range of emotion that that album contains.

4 hours ago, Vanilla Icy said:

the lakes is her best song

she wrote the lakes about where I live.. biggest flex :party:

when are we getting the new music video?? the one speculated for lavender haze

A red rose grew up out of ice frozen ground. With no one around to tweet it, While I bathe in cliffside pools.With my calamitous love and insurmountable grief.:hooker:

There's a really interesting call and response between Taylor's "Anti-Hero" and Lilly Allen's "The Fear"

Spoiler

It almost feels like Anti-Hero is a loose sequel to The Fear. In "The Fear", the narrator explores desperately wanting fame. She's not quite there yet, but admits that 
"she is a weapon of massive consumption" who is willing to "take [her] clothes off" shamelessly to become famous. She then acknowledges that she "looks at the sun, and looks in the mirror" and see's she's on the right track to achieving her goals. In the chorus of "The Fear", the narrator admits she doesn't know "what's right" anymore--ergo, she's given up her moral code for fame. 

In "Anti-Hero", the narrator has achieved fame. Not only does she not "know what's right" anymore, she knows that her fans are actively "rooting for the anti-hero" (which, is, like Lilly Allen writes, "not a saint" but also "not a sinner"). Having achieved fame, the narrator can still look "directly at the sun", but can no longer bear to look "in the mirror", in direct juxtaposition to "The Fear". 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

20 hours ago, Mer said:

It almost feels like Anti-Hero is a loose sequel to The Fear. In "The Fear", the narrator explores desperately wanting fame. She's not quite there yet, but admits that 
"she is a weapon of massive consumption" who is willing to "take [her] clothes off" shamelessly to become famous. She then acknowledges that she "looks at the sun, and looks in the mirror" and see's she's on the right track to achieving her goals. In the chorus of "The Fear", the narrator admits she doesn't know "what's right" anymore--ergo, she's given up her moral code for fame.

In "Anti-Hero", the narrator has achieved fame. Not only does she not "know what's right" anymore, she knows that her fans are actively "rooting for the anti-hero" (which, is, like Lilly Allen writes, "not a saint" but also "not a sinner"). Having achieved fame, the narrator can still look "directly at the sun", but can no longer bear to look "in the mirror", in direct juxtaposition to "The Fear". 

to add upon the sun & the mirror, it's actually also a double entendre with the tabloids The Sun & The Mirror, and no longer bearing to look "in the mirror" could also have the double meaning of not being able to read about herself

a very interesting theory :oprah3:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

30 minutes ago, Cherry Blossom said:

fearless platinum edition has such an ugly album cover but it looks so beautiful on cd… so small you can’t see the horrible erasing and the silver foil and yellow cd inlay is just ugh so cute :oprah:

That was such a lazy cover. Looks like it was made in Microsoft paint.

What songs do you guys think fared better from Taylor’s Version?

Ive been thinking a lot recently about which songs I prefer from the originals vs the rereleases and I wanted to see if there’s a general consensus

Taylor’s Version is superior: 

Spoiler

1. Entirety of Fearless, simply because the album was so good originally and the only thing that could have been improved was the vocals. However, I do like listening to the original on CD as it is so nostalgic (and I don’t own TV lol)

2. This Love. I actually used to be so indifferent towards TL, as I couldn’t understand what she was saying at the chorus and the production felt very flat. Having This Love re-recorded and released made me listen to it again, and with dolby atmos the production felt so atmospheric. Definitely a top Taylor track for me now.

3. Treacherous. Now this has always been a top Tay track for me but the production on ‘quicksand’ is SO GOOD that it’s instantly superior.

4. I Almost Do. Again, the production is so good and I love the more prominent drums. 

5. The Last Time

6. Girl At Home. Obviously. 

Original recording is superior:

Spoiler

1. 22. The use of reverb instead of different takes in the chorus just makes her sound lonely. 
2. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together. The high pitched ‘WE’… seriously?

3. Everything Has Changed. Ed Sheeran is so off key in the bridge it’s actually embarrassing how they released this.

4. All Too Well. Lower than the rest because I think the emotion and sadness captured in the 2012 release is just impossible to beat or recreate. However the production is fine.

5. Begin Again. In the original there’s a sound at 3:10 that is so much quiet in Taylor’s Version. I’m particularly salty about this because it was one of my favourite parts in a song ever and I specifically posted about it on my Instagram before TV.

6. State Of Grace. The original was just perfect. The tone and pitch has, expectedly, dropped over ten years.

7. I Knew You Were Trouble. Although the production has changed more significantly than a few of the tracks above it, I think the stripped back nature of Taylor’s Version aligns more with indie pop than dubstep and therefore I don’t hate it as much. However, I think the original version is iconic.

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

7 hours ago, Cherry Blossom said:

What songs do you guys think fared better from Taylor’s Version?

Ive been thinking a lot recently about which songs I prefer from the originals vs the rereleases and I wanted to see if there’s a general consensus

i need more time to sit with red & the 1989 singles but fearless TV ate original fearless for dinner

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

https://mega.nz/folder/GNcn2KTY#AbDKJrCTGgpm4Ya69yBlmg ONLYFILES HAD A BREACH TODAY AND I FOUND TWO RUN 2011 DEMO SNIPPETS IN THE LINKS... YALL GO SEARCH FOR YOUR FAVS NOW BEFORE ONLYFILES GETS TAKEN DOWN

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

7 hours ago, rancidgirl said:

https://mega.nz/folder/GNcn2KTY#AbDKJrCTGgpm4Ya69yBlmg ONLYFILES HAD A BREACH TODAY AND I FOUND TWO RUN 2011 DEMO SNIPPETS IN THE LINKS... YALL GO SEARCH FOR YOUR FAVS NOW BEFORE ONLYFILES GETS TAKEN DOWN

OMG

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

this mastermind woman still surprises us from every year. even if i write i wouldn't be surprised, i'm gonna be still surprised. 

i bet she's gonna release the rest TV versions week after week one album. 

LOL her praising SZA 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️