lola

Taylor Swift

are you talking about illicit affairs or betty? because i went back and read the lyrics for illicit affairs and she's singing about herself in third person so she's just singing about herself picking a perfume for her man and not her man picking a perfume for other man lmao :rip:

as for betty........ i really don't know i'll wait and see what she has to say about that one.

i’m just talking about betty, i didn’t listen through the whole album and only wanted to hear her say “fuck” lol but otherwise idk it’s just weird. she’ll prolly have an excuse for the song and it’ll be under the rug after about 2 weeks so it’s whatever. just something to think about

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Okay, so ... I'm not really into Taylor's stuff, but I really liked the aesthetic of the 62 album covers and the tracklist, etc, so I gave it a listen, start to finish.

That's an hour of my life I'll never get back.

It has some pretty instrumentals and some interesting lyrics, but almost every song goes nowhere and it all lacks intensity. I get that it's supposed to be a mellow, folksy album, and none of the tracks are terrible, but as an entire body of work I found it to be dull and too long.

Cardigan, August, and a couple of others are reasonable and I might put them on rotation when I recover from the trauma of being bored to tears.

I say all of this as a non-stan and the stans will probably come for my throat, but just being honest. I think it's really rad how she surprised dropped it 'n' shit, though.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Okay, so ... I'm not really into Taylor's stuff, but I really liked the aesthetic of the 62 album covers and the tracklist, etc, so I gave it a listen, start to finish.

That's an hour of my life I'll never get back.

It has some pretty instrumentals and some interesting lyrics, but almost every song goes nowhere and it all lacks intensity. I get that it's supposed to be a mellow, folksy album, and none of the tracks are terrible, but as an entire body of work I found it to be dull and too long.

Cardigan, August, and a couple of others are reasonable and I might put them on rotation when I recover from the trauma of being bored to tears.

I say all of this as a non-stan and the stans will probably come for my throat, but just being honest. I think it's really rad how she surprised dropped it 'n' shit, though.

I'd say that's pretty fair to say :) I love her 1989 album (an all-time fave), and while this new one is beautiful too, I also find that it lacked intensity. Like all in all, a bit too mellow/dull/one-tone sounding for me.

I really loved some of the lyrics though, they really stood out to me and spoke to me. I also found it interesting that she took such a different direction this time, and I enjoyed the aesthetics very much too!

I'm glad it's my day off as I stayed up for this.

Right now I'm too tired to make any sense but what I will say is that probably folklore is my favourite album of hers and alot of the tracks brought me to fucking tears. Exile is definitely my favourite track so far.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

-

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

I don't like it

But I really like the 1, invisible strings, and hoax

The rest I just really don't like and its so samey  i can't get less than a one star so i have nothing left to lose  :runs:

not 'the 1' being the one that goes literally nowhere tho

--

im not a fan but this is almost a 10 for me

I've just listened to "Cardigan" and the song sounds like if Taylor tries to emulate NFR! ;) She obviously likes Lana, we all know that, and it shows in this song imho. Can't say anything about the album yet (but I'm no TS fan so I probably won't be too euphoric...).

-

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

Watched cardigan now listening to the album and had to skip the song on my first play through cause it was so boring

edit: Peace is the only good song!

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

On track 4 and had to skip before it finished. I can't stand how she always repeats one line she thinks is really great like "When you are young they assume you know nothing" and "I've seen this film before and I didn't like the ending" she does it so much it's irritating.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Found this on Genius so stop with the gay exploitation because you wanna hate her for something. 

Swift explained in a livechat the night of folklore’s release:

There’s a collection of three songs I refer to as The Teenage Love Triangle. These three songs explore a love triangle from all three people’s perspectives at different times in their lives.

The songs in question are “betty,” “cardigan,” and “august,” which describes James cheating on Betty with another girl. “betty” describes the aftermath once the teens return to school.

James makes excuses for his infidelity, blaming his age and immaturity. This directly parallels lyrics about maturity from “cardigan”:

When you are young, they assume you know nothing

I knew everything when I was young

I haven't heard it yet but im so excited! I could get used to these big taylor releases right before a Lana record! Same thing happened last year, now we have this masterpiece and the audiobook before COCC- we are being spoiled laid ease :flutter: :flutter:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e