lola

Taylor Swift

kinda tired of all the TS hate i see on other corners of this website.. like I'm all for everyone having their own opinion but it's just so glaringly clear that the majority of people who hate her haven't listened to any of her music other than the singles from previous albums. 

giphy.gif

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/taylor-swift-folklore-signed-cds-indie-stores-1047417/

was able to to pick up the VERY last signed folklore copy today from Lunchbox Records in Charlotte, NC... anyone else able to snatch one? It’s INSANE how high they’re being priced and going for on eBay listings, I love this album too much to want to sell it tho :/ 

5.11.14 // 9.20.14 // 6.11.15 // 6.13.15 // 6.14.15 // 1.26.18 // 9.21.19

So it's been four weeks since folklore was released and I can totally say that this is my favourite Taylor Swift album. I hope she keeps exploring this genre and sounds over her next two eras. I'm asking for too much dddd.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

The more albums that get released in 2020, the more it becomes clearer that Taylor is truly at the top of her game. She's miles ahead of everyone else sonically and lyrical--and tbh i think its because of her close relationship with her fans. She doesn't really write about her own celebrity-world troubles in her music, she writes them from the perspective of her average teenage fans, who share stories with her and she listens; and that's what makes her music so universally relatable. Not many of us can relate to living for cheering crowds, or overcoming the confusing world of celebrity--but we can all relate to love triangles, high school drama, drifting apart from our childhood friends, etc. etc. And that's why all her music has always been "folklore", bc it captures the common feelings of a group/subculture, and not just Taylor herself 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

My Taylor Swift audio collection - just the essentials.

i have way more than this in the way of bootlegs, demos, and rares, but this is the collection i never leave the house without. 

Includes all standard albums with original art, with additional platinum/deluxe tracks added under THEIR individual artwork. 

the 'singles' are alternate versions and demos, some rare. I have way more of these than is displayed here (for example i currently have the rare demos of CIWTR and TOSOTD and unreleased track Her in high quality), but due to preference i don't have them on my phone (Her is actually in with Teardrops on My Guitar, as the songs are both apparently about Drew). so in other words, there are no doubles here, even if it seems like there are.  

if you notice, some of my files are labeled with strange dates, like say the 2014 Grammy's is labeled as being in 2013. that is because I wanted that performance to be placed BEFORE the 1989 era. it's just to make it easier to scroll through, an aesthetic choice. 

let me know if you have any questions about my collection or organization. i am not currently offering to share anything but i'm happy to help beyond that right now. 

18 hours ago, jvsminefempop said:

i have way more than this in the way of bootlegs, demos, and rares, but this is the collection i never leave the house without. 

Includes all standard albums with original art, with additional platinum/deluxe tracks added under THEIR individual artwork. 

the 'singles' are alternate versions and demos, some rare. I have way more of these than is displayed here (for example i currently have the rare demos of CIWTR and TOSOTD and unreleased track Her in high quality), but due to preference i don't have them on my phone (Her is actually in with Teardrops on My Guitar, as the songs are both apparently about Drew). so in other words, there are no doubles here, even if it seems like there are.  

if you notice, some of my files are labeled with strange dates, like say the 2014 Grammy's is labeled as being in 2013. that is because I wanted that performance to be placed BEFORE the 1989 era. it's just to make it easier to scroll through, an aesthetic choice. 

let me know if you have any questions about my collection or organization. i am not currently offering to share anything but i'm happy to help beyond that right now. 

hey i know you're not sharing but i was wondering if you could point me in the direction of where you found all this stuff? I've been looking forever and its so hard to find any masterposts or anything like that. any and all help is appreciated x

giphy.gif

I wrote this album off too soon. Speak Now was her last album I liked. There are 8 really fucking good songs on folklore the rest are filler

my tears ricochet

mirrorball

seven

august

this is my trying

invisible string

mad woman

peace

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

4 minutes ago, Trash Magic said:

the rest are filler

this gave me more whiplash than Lana’s driving. It’s...just?? Wrong???

Spoiler

707f6dec487b64c79d5b6ec07a867c6e.jpg

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

On 9/3/2020 at 9:06 PM, jvsminefempop said:

:toofloppy:?

On 9/13/2020 at 11:47 AM, Trash Magic said:

I wrote this album off too soon. Speak Now was her last album I liked. There are 8 really fucking good songs on folklore the rest are filler

my tears ricochet

mirrorball

seven

august

this is my trying

invisible string

mad woman

peace

the TASTE including invisible string! however, you seemed to have misspelled epiphany as my tears ricochet :nails:

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

its crazy how Taylor swift writes about relationships so well.  All of reputation, half of lover, & the 1, cardigan and exile from folklore truly parallel my feelings and position/POV to an ex of mine that I cant move on from...

and Taylor is one of his favorite singers...[he's from Nashville to add] the universe is ugly :azealia:

My friend insisted that I give Mirrorball another chance so I did, and I just noticed that IT HAS JINGLE BELLS. Sure enough, it's one of the songs that Jack did. He really did HTD dirty though, because the ones in Mirrorball are nowhere near as obvious or terrible.

Anyway, I don't love that song but I am really enjoying August rn.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream