xratedcuntxrated

Beyoncé

Has Anyone been able to find the fan edit Bey-only version of this album (meaning removed Jay z parts)? I've searched on Beyhive sites but no direct links are ever posted only references to it..

If you find it, send it to me too please

I'm gonna repost this from where I made note of it on Reddit.

But yes, Beyoncé shares a melody with an Iron Maiden song, and I don't think anybody's pointed it out before. 

I have no idea where else to post this, since it’s kind of a silly thing. Just something I’ve noticed about one of my favorite tracks off of Beyoncé’s self-titled album: “Haunted”. 

So, back when the album first dropped, this was hands down my favorite of the entire group, although I also found the track to be vaguely familiar. In a way to where I wasn’t sure what exactly it was that it reminded me of, so I chalked it up to just being a trick of the mind. 

A few years later, I decided to revisit a movie that I liked called Spun from 2002. It stars Brittany Murphy, the main draw for me to watch it and a large part of why I liked the movie so much despite its questionable subject matter and thematic insistences (it also has Deborah Harry of Blondie in a supporting role, so yeah. I like it. lol)

Anyway, the opening song during the title credits is a cover of the English heavy metal Iron Maiden song “The Number of the Beast” done by a band called Djali Zwan (a band composed of Billy Corgan and Jimmy Chamberlin of The Smashing Pumpkins). You can hear their cover here with the opening credits of the film Spun.

Now, those who recall the melody of “Haunted” are already onto this. They are essentially the same melodies, and the Zwan cover is just a slowed-down version of the Iron Maiden melody. So basically, Beyonce's "Haunted" has the same melody as one of the most famous heavy metal songs ever made. 

The weird thing is that there’s nowhere in the credits for this song anywhere about there being an interpolation of the “Number of the Beast” song; original or cover. 

I know stuff like this happens all the time, so it’s easy to write it off, and I don’t want to think I’m noticing something that’s otherwise moot. But - the “Haunted” music video was directed by a guy named Jonas Åkerlund - who happens to be the director of Spun

Has this been brought up by anybody before? This is so weird to me and I can't find *anything* about it anywhere. 

Monumental album that absolutely lives up to the hype and cultural shockwaves it created, rightful album of the year winner, incomparable artist, greatest of all time etc

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Please Please be real :icant:

Hopefully the LP is Lemonade quality aswell and I heard its supposed to be inspired by the House genre so let's goooo.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

I have been so scared of when B7 drops. it is going to explode the industry, its an atomic bomb that everyone's faves need to be scared of. Also it is evil of her for trolling us like this :defeated: