RileyThomas

Nicki Minaj

This is not about MTV, guys! Or winning an award! She is literally not getting recognized (hello, she's been on top this past year) for the same things "other" (aka white) women are doing!

Taylor's fucking dumbass turned a race issue that had nothing to do with her into a feminist issue. Nicki was making a valid point about the very alive racism in the music industry, Taylor should be standing by her not making it about her.

Taylor shouldn't have said anything but Nicki needs to calm tf down. Just because you think your video is great doesn't mean you get a VMA. It looks so unclassy to complain like that. SHE HAS NOMINATIONS!! So many other INCREDIBLE videos from the year got NO credit so she can take several seats. She's acting like she deserves the award more than anyone else.

H0bDaqU.gif

This is not about MTV, guys! Or winning an award! She is literally not getting recognized (hello, she's been on top this past year) for the same things "other" (aka white) women are doing!

Taylor's fucking dumbass turned a race issue that had nothing to do with her into a feminist issue. Nicki was making a valid point about the very alive racism in the music industry, Taylor should be standing by her not making it about her.

if she thinks for .1 secs her silicone filled balloon ass bouncing around on Drake's dick for 30 seconds is worthy of receiving an award for video of the year then she's got herself fucked up

It is NOT about anything racist. No white women are shaking their asses to get dicks up and being nominated for it rn, she looks like a fucking idiot

Garbaj indeed

BzhmW.png

if she thinks for .1 secs her silicone filled balloon ass bouncing around on Drake's dick for 30 seconds is worthy of receiving an award for video of the year then she's got herself fucked up

It is NOT about anything racist. No white women are shaking their asses to get dicks up and being nominated for it rn, she looks like a fucking idiot

Garbaj indeed

Miley got the same award for being sexually pro active in Wrecking Ball so why is Nicki's sexual provactivity being shamed. Nicki continuously dominates the rap and pop industry year after year and not even landing a nomination is insulting.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

Miley got the same award for being sexually pro active in Wrecking Ball so why is Nicki's sexual provactivity being shamed. Nicki continuously dominates the rap and pop industry year after year and not even landing a nomination is insulting.

people expect that type of behavior out of Nicki though because she's been like that throughout the duration of her career

NO ONE expected Miley to come out with something like that

to me it was about shock value with WB winning, it has 0 to do with race

BzhmW.png

people expect that type of behavior out of Nicki though because she's been like that throughout the duration of her career

you're an idiot.

She is having a grade-A meltdown, isn't she? My, my, my. Someone must really want that VMA.

As much as I hate to admit it, I have to agree with omgsitsandrew on this one. Miley's Wrecking Ball video partially won for the shock value. But, looking past the licking of the hammer, and it's really not that hyper-sexual. It is a very well done video; the imagery was beautiful. The focus isn't just on being sexual, but also being vulnerable. Nicki's Anaconda video, on the other hand, just wasn't well done. Its main purpose was to be vulgar. I mean, ass shots make up the majority of the video and the ending minute or so is literally just a lap dance. 

It seems that she is just trying to turn her temper tantrum into this big statement now so she doesn't look like a spoiled brat.

Edit: also oh my gosh this Tumblr post is so right though :rip:

CKe5tE6UcAAsw0B.jpg

MkWI4Ns.png

Although "Anaconda" was without a doubt a big cultural event this year, the most controversial video does not mean video of the year. If VMAs continued to always give the award to whatever video was the most ridiculous, it would just become a yearly competition of who could be more racy and sexual in their video.

H0bDaqU.gif

She's acting like she deserves the award more than anyone else.

Garbaj indeed

She is having a grade-A meltdown, isn't she? My, my, my. Someone must really want that VMA.

As much as I hate to admit it, I have to agree with omgsitsandrew on this one. Miley's Wrecking Ball video partially won for the shock value. But, looking past the licking of the hammer, and it's really not that hyper-sexual. It is a very well done video; the imagery was beautiful. The focus isn't just on being sexual, but also being vulnerable. Nicki's Anaconda video, on the other hand, just wasn't well done. Its main purpose was to be vulgar. I mean, ass shots make up the majority of the video and the ending minute or so is literally just a lap dance. 

It seems that she is just trying to turn her temper tantrum into this big statement now so she doesn't look like a spoiled brat.

Edit: also oh my gosh this Tumblr post is so right though :rip:

CKe5tE6UcAAsw0B.jpg

Although "Anaconda" was without a doubt a big cultural event this year, the most controversial video does not mean video of the year. If VMAs continued to always give the award to whatever video was the most ridiculous, it would just become a yearly competition of who could be more racy and sexual in their video.

https://twitter.com/NICKIMINAJ/status/623620980896722944

IT IS NOT ABOUT HER BEING BLACK

what is being overshadowed here? A white woman would release that same video and it would NOT get nominated JFC not everything is a goddamn race issue

You can't tell me if Iggy did a video similar to Anaconda instead of Nicki then she wouldn't be called innovative or unique?

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

I don't understand why a video where a girl shake her ass for nearly 5 minutes deserve a VOTY nomination honestly, J. Lo & Iggy with Booty aren't in the list either.

At least she's in the Best Female Video category.

130729050359480601.gif

I don't understand why a video where a girl shake her ass for nearly 5 minutes deserve a VOTY nomination honestly, J. Lo & Iggy with Booty aren't in the list either.

At least she's in the Best Female Video category.

Why would Nicki Minaj, who has been in the public eye since at least 2010, care about a VMA? You guys are damn fools for thinking that.

The issues Nicki is talking about are a lot bigger and more serious than a simple VMA award. Sure, I do agree that she possibly didn't do it in the right way + does come off a bit spoilt-child-who-didn't-win-the-race, but her her points are still 100% valid. Black women are continually shunned, time and time again, in mainstream media, whereas white women are idealized and victimized - just look at the way this story is being reported, with Nicki as the "angry black woman" stereotype and Taylor as the "poor, defenceless white woman" stereotype. The tweets had absolutely NOTHING to do with Taylor, yet she decided to stuff her manky feet in the shoe anyway. Taylor's all about "all girls!!!" but when it comes to the issue of race, she, as a white "feminist"*, is determined to silence any voice questioning white supremacy. Taylor has finally exposed her KKK side to the public and I really hope this smashes the perfect PR bubble she has had going on for farrrrrrr too long.

*I say "feminist" because no woman who excludes specific types of women from her "feminism" can at all be considered pro-equality.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

You can't tell me if Iggy did a video similar to Anaconda instead of Nicki then she wouldn't be called innovative or unique?

nope, hell Lily Allen did Hard Out Here and got panned for 'using' black women and culture in it 

I'm pretty sure a white artist would get ripped apart for 'appropriation' for making a video similar to Anaconda

well you're being a complete idiot. sorry priviledged white boy, you don't get to decide what is and is not racist. :aw:

It's not about 'white privilege'

it's about racism being used as fucking cop out excuse for people to get angry over stupid shit that has nothing to do with racism, in this case a fucking irrelevant MTV award nomination. She picked the most idiotic thing to get upset over instead of picking something actually important to bring up discrimination in the music industry 

Unless you're willing to partake in an educated dialogue about this I suggest you leave

BzhmW.png