StationToStation

FKA twigs

Itโ€™s cute n pretty but itโ€™s hardly there if that makes sense. There isnโ€™t a lot of songwriting here. I listened to it 3 times in a row on my way to work cuz itโ€™s more backgroundy and vibey than something that grabs my attention and commands it.ย 
ย 

This must be the new song she was teasing but by the way she phrased it I expected more. Iโ€™m not sure this is even part of her new record.ย :noparty:

Can someone just edit out that rapping/talking part and just leave instrumental during it? IDK he's just out of place, yet has the longest part in the song.ย 

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

13 hours ago, Jean said:

Can someone just edit out that rapping/talking part and just leave instrumental during it? IDK he's just out of place, yet has the longest part in the song.ย 

ย 

Wouldn't it be easier to just listen to the interlude ?ย ย :eek3::ohmy:

It's funny how FKA Twigs' version hasย more lines from the rapper than the rapper's version while not having that much more Twigs in it. I'm fine with the rapping tough.ย :headache:ย It gives a more concrete aspect to the meaning of the song.ย 

ย 

Like most of you, I like the song but only as a standalone track. After de sacred masterpiece that was Magdalene, we can't expect an OK song (especially since it's not really new). I like it better on first listens than I did ย Holy Terrain tough.ย 

6 hours ago, saith said:

ย 

Wouldn't it be easier to just listen to the interlude ?ย ย :eek3::ohmy:

ย 

ย 

I... Didn't know about that.ย :shh:

ย 

I'll give it a try! Thanks!ย :kiss:

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

On 1/27/2021 at 8:24 PM, Coney Island King said:

How utterly pointless. She seems so uninterested in making music.

ย 

I know what you mean but I thinkย Sheโ€™s just evolving. The meaning behind the song is so relevantย andย video is so beautifully createdย to express how black people have to try x10 harder than white people to even get a seat at the table.ย If she wasnโ€™t interested in making music she would notย have made a whole album over quarantine thatโ€™s gonna have lots of cute collaborations :p

On 1/29/2021 at 12:46 AM, princessdollie said:

ย 

I know what you mean but I thinkย Sheโ€™s just evolving. The meaning behind the song is so relevantย andย video is so beautifully createdย to express how black people have to try x10 harder than white people to even get a seat at the table.ย If she wasnโ€™t interested in making music she would notย have made a whole album over quarantine thatโ€™s gonna have lots of cute collaborations :p

ย 

I agree. What the song is about is very important.ย Even if the song and video are very straighforward and simple, theyย are quite touching and of good quality. It is not the earthquake that was Cellophane, but I don't think that she doesn't care about her art anymore.ย ย :horror:

ย 

Didn't she do it for usย ? Even if the song was dedicated to her lover at the time, I realize Cellophane could apply to the expectation that the song itself has created for FKA Twigs' career (full circle). Her oeuvre has been so increasingly poignant, impressive and avant garde that a good song is not enough anymore for the public (me included).

ย 

I think that it's healthy that she let her hair down for this album. Can you believe that she learned to masterย multiple new activities for this Magadalene, each especially for one music video (lapdance for cellophane and wushu forย Sad day) ?ย Sheย put her health in danger for the Spike Jones Apple commercial to prouve she could be perfect. Asย a person of color she's been feeling all her life that she had to be perfect in order to be accepted.ย ย :um:ย I remember her comment about high expectations, the fact that she felt she always had to be a Nubian Queen to be considered. In a way, this is perfectly linked with the theme of Don't judge me.ย :agree:

ย 

I've got a precious heart open for youย 
Say why you're breakin' for me every dayย 
I'll send the precious kinda love your way
Don't judge me

ย 

Personally I'm deciding nowย to accept what the artist has to give for what is is without comparison. I realize that otherwise, it's just toxic energy. Same will go for Lana. If the artist delivers a masterpiece every time, it's great. If She/he doesn't but the work is still good, then let's enjoy it. Don't you think ?ย :kiss:ย It's alway possible to go back to the masterpieces from time to time for comfort. Let's give them love either way, instead of hate and judgement of new work if it doesn't go our wayย :heart:ย 

On 1/31/2021 at 1:31 PM, saith said:

ย Let's give them love either way, instead of hate and judgement of new workย 

This whole comment is literally so well stated. I feel like I even understand her recent work further from you perspective. I think thatโ€™s such a healthy way of looking at the evolution of an artist.ย 

On 2/2/2021 at 5:39 PM, princessdollie said:

This whole comment is literally so well stated. I feel like I even understand her recent work further from you perspective. I think thatโ€™s such a healthy way of looking at the evolution of an artist.ย 

ย 

Thank you ! Well to be honest, it's aย very new perspective for me. But Iย readย the lyrics of Don't Judge Me and an analysis of the video and all of a sudden it just made sense.ย 

It's like letting go of a burden (theย systematic critic) by approching art differentlyย :ohmy:ย If that makes senseย :agree:

I think Lana would benefit from that perspective if it was generalized.ย ย :smile3:

a snippet of lady marmalade leakedย https://dbree.org/v/6c0e28

๐–™๐–๐–”๐–š๐–Œ๐–๐–™ ๐–Ž'๐–‰ ๐–‡๐–Š ๐–‹๐–”๐–—๐–Š๐–›๐–Š๐–— ๐–Ž๐–“ ๐–™๐–๐–Š ๐–‘๐–Ž๐–Œ๐–๐–™ ๐–™๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐–œ๐–†๐–ž

On 2/6/2021 at 10:05 PM, HigherThanHope said:

ย 

Not a leak; it's actually being sold and this clip has been around for months :)

ย 

Kinda funny she's sampling this LOL

Wait so is she sampling this on the new album?

Twigs is doing a radio residency this is like the intro episode.. https://m.mixcloud.com/sonos/radio-hour-with-fka-twigs/

Sheโ€™s done a bunch more interviews than regularly recently. She kind of talked about opening up and sharing her personality on this. She isย so cute and Iโ€™m happy toย see her opening up and talking more and more she is such a sweet person.ย 

ย 

The whole thing is so heartbreaking. She's so brave, it's worth reading (tw abuse and violence)

ย 

On a lighter note, she mentions on the article Pa Salieu (british rapper) and Rema (nigerian afrobeat singer) are featured on the new album, and of course Dua. And that the album is a "going out" album, dance-floor ready for a post-vaccine world.

่‡ช็”ฑใซใชใ‚‹่‡ช็”ฑใŒใ‚ใ‚‹