StationToStation

FKA twigs

FKA+twigs+fkatwigs3.png

twigs is someone who grew up with a lot of quiet, surrounded by valleys, cows, and sheep in Gloucestershire, a largely rural county in southwest England. A serene style that pairs the xx’s unflinching intimacy with a menacing undertow reminiscent of Massive Attack’s Mezzanine. On her unassuming 2012 debut EP, she used negative space in a powerful way, her high-pitched whisper drifting in and out to narrate eerily charged scenes. A forthcoming four-track follow-up, dubbed EP 2 and out on September 9 via XL/Young Turks, finds her even more gloriously weightless.

(source: last.fm)

Latest Music Video 'Water Me' (from EP2):

Other (earlier) Music Video 'Breathe' (from EP1):

She's kinda like Grimes, but I like her more than Grimes so idk.

Discuss her flawless music here and I hope to find more fans  :)

I like Water Me but the video creeps me out, I don't like the effects on her eyes... And the vocal effects kind of creep me out too. I feel like she would sound better without the overuse of the voice effects.

it's also kind of beautiful though and I like the part of the video where her giant tear moves around... 

I've been in love with her since I found her, about a week ago! :)

(Well, Sitar is the reason I found her, but I probably would have on my own in another day or so because Charli XCX tweeted the video to Water Me :legend:)

She has such a mesmerizing and beautiful voice. From the first EP, I'd have to say Weak Spot is my favorite. It's pure sex.

I preordered EP2 and I can't wait to get it. :) I know that How's That is out, but since it's not on iTunes I want to wait for the EP to hear the 3 new songs together. 

I like Water Me but the video creeps me out, I don't like the effects on her eyes... And the vocal effects kind of creep me out too. I feel like she would sound better without the overuse of the voice effects.

I love the video! It's definitely creepy - but that's what made it stick with me. I can't get it out of my head. I also feel like since I've learned the lyrics (which are beautiful, by the way) that I can hear her voice much clearer than I could the first time. I didn't realize she was so visibly beautiful too until the other night when I looked her up to make a proper cover art for her first EP. 

xhtkztI.png

This is the cover I'm using for EP. It's just a picture I found & edited a bit. What do you guys use for it?? Oh & @@SitarHero, get ya butt in here!! 

Water Me

He won't make love to me now

Not now I've set the fee

He said it's too much in pounds

I guess I'm stuck with me 

He told me I was so small

I told him "water me." 

I promise I can grow tall

When making love is free(d?)

I've listened to Water Me 278 times in the week I've had it.. I'm hooked. :rip:

14417469274.gif

Yay a thread!

I love nearly all of her first EP way more than "Water Me" (apart from "Hide", probably) but that song is how I discovered her and I'm glad it's getting her that hipster recognition :legend: "Weak Spot" in particular is so fantastic. I mean the whole thing is a whisper and she totally pulls it off, but then some production elements really seal the deal for me. I'm not usually an ambient music sort of person but each song is unique to me and I love them all so I'm really excited for EP2. Very distressed that she only has six songs out, and like HDB I'm not listening to "How's That" yet.

As for her being creepy, I love it! She's really beautiful but with all these off-putting elements to her appearance, and it's the same with her music. I mean, the robot voice in "Weak Spot" is my absolute favorite so I just really like the production on her music. It's as much a presence as her voice, sometimes more. I think someone who did parts of Yeezus is her producer so that's cool.

I use this as artwork for her first EP because otherwise we're left with a blank scan of the vinyl:

2w5os1y.png

Nice to find some fans here :flutter:

My favorite song is 'Water Me', just the production, her vocals and the lyrics make the song so haunting perfect

And i guess I'm the only one who uses for EP1 the original white cover

homepage_large.1a1eb37d.jpg                                                                                                                                                                               

I don't know why, but I like it, it's just simple (like the ep title). I hope I can ever get an original 12' vinyl of EP1, because the only link I can find where you can buy it, says it's 'out of stock' :defeated:   . Now I only have to find money somewhere so I can buy the 12 inch version of EP2 :hooker: .

Also, I just can't with people who already scrobbled the songs 'Ultraviolet' and 'Papi Pacify', I would die for hearing those songs earlier than 9 September :defeated: .

Btw. I also made a fanpage for her on tumblr (www.FKAtwigsdaily.tumblr.com) suggestions are always welcome!

Wtf this is great, there are even pictures of her actually smiling :defeated:

Ì just found an old blog (well the last time they posted something was 10 months ago so idk) with all rare pictures of her and even live performance pics :defeated: .

I'm still confused btw that she is in that Jessie J video. I have seen that video like a thousand times on tv :defeated:

haha I really like this  :teehee:

tumblr_mropeulrHh1rovr2ro1_400.gif

Now that I know what she REALLY looks like, I guess the Water Me video isn't THAt creepy, it's just she doesn't blink at all and her eyes are so huge and her movements are just... ugh. At first it really creeped me out, but I've gotten used to it and it's a beautiful song. I really like the lyric "He told me I was so small, I told him 'water me"

haha I really like this  :teehee:

tumblr_mropeulrHh1rovr2ro1_400.gif

Now that I know what she REALLY looks like, I guess the Water Me video isn't THAt creepy, it's just she doesn't blink at all and her eyes are so huge and her movements are just... ugh. At first it really creeped me out, but I've gotten used to it and it's a beautiful song. I really like the lyric "He told me I was so small, I told him 'water me"

That's also one of my favorite lyrics, I honestly can't wait to hear the other 2 songs on the ep and I hope she will bring out an album out soon enough (I hope she doesn't just mix ep1 and ep2 together so it's one small album).

2 old demos from 2007 & 2010 just leaked:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALU7dWiid7k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_2ZgXVuAJM

I'm so addicted to them :flutter: .

It's a bit weird to hear twigs actually sing popish songs, but I still really like them and I'm curious how these people got them :sideeye:

I feel like I'm the only one posting things in this topic

It's a bit weird to hear twigs actually sing popish songs, but I still really like them and I'm curious how these people got them :sideeye:

I bet they used to be online, maybe on a Reverbnation or MySpace? :wat:

Still, back-history of artists is always a hobby of mine...we should try to do some more digging & find out more about where they came from. 

I bet they used to be online, maybe on a Reverbnation or MySpace? :wat:

Still, back-history of artists is always a hobby of mine...we should try to do some more digging & find out more about where they came from. 

I would love to do that!

Sadly tonight I'm going to the cinema, but this whole weekend I have nothing really interesting to do, so I guess the investigation starts there for me :teehee:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALU7dWiid7k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_2ZgXVuAJM

These are so fucking nuts. Do you know of any DL links that aren't youtube rips?

You know anyone trying pop in 2007 has to have so many more. I'm ready :excited:

inb4 Twigs hoarders :smokes3:

These are so fucking nuts. Do you know of any DL links that aren't youtube rips?

You know anyone trying pop in 2007 has to have so many more. I'm ready :excited:

inb4 Twigs hoarders :smokes3:

Well, I contacted the uploaders, and sadly, he doesn't have more. Twigs has more unreleased 2007-2011 era stuff, but when she started as twigs (orginally she was Tahliah or Tahliah Debrett/Barnett) she permanently deleted all her older profiles like facebook and myspace, along with live performance videos. I have found old photoshoots and old random photos, but sadly not more (maybe I find more in the future, but I'm not sure about that). And I only got the official link of Walk 'till you're dead from the producers (?) myspace wth date and song length. Madrigal and I are going to investigate the internet for more stuff, but help is always welcome :).

I btw do love a 320 kps version of those songs, I mean, those songs are just :squidward: