StationToStation

FKA twigs

4 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

I was gonna say that, but Lana's vocals were still beautiful and we got all those demos :illumilana2:

Yeah. Actually I don't mind The Weeknd on Tears in the club. The song just doesn't click with me. I've not been too keen on the post-magdalene singles so far. 

No complete dislikes but everything she had released before were instant crushes for me, almost shocking how different some were to what was out there.:blanche7:

I'll give this projet it's chances tough. :dua:

58 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

An installment / show she did in 2016 after the Radiant Me Tour. Supposedly was going to be a film with accompanying soundtrack with tracks like “Trust In Me”, “Beach”, etc.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thefader.com/2016/10/27/fka-twigs-london-report-dance/amp

https://sanjoyroy.net/2016/10/fka-twigs-rooms/

Oh I forgot about Trust in me. We never got the full version of her indigo child anthem. :nails:

21 minutes ago, Gravitate said:

I always thought MAGDALENE would make a good musical after the sad day music video. She would know how to do it so well. Unlike Melanie and Halsey (love them), she doesn’t include the whole song and edited it to go along with the visuals almost as if it’s background music that helps the feel of the scene instead of like a music video if that makes sense. Imo that would be perfect :gclap:

I agree, Magdalene would have been a perfect musical. We did get it somehow with the live shows. I hope we'll get professional footages of the whole thing someday. I've seen it twice but of course it's not enough 

Kinda forgettable.
Abel turned into black Ed Sheeran. Just imagine if Trilogy - Kissland era Abel made a song with twigs. That's something we deserve but won't get as long as GP will support his quick basic radio singles. His song with Rosalia is a slay for me though, cause it's something different.
As for twigs, I'm fine with her having a LFL era. Magdalene was amazing but very heavy, so one era with cute bops won't hurt but Measure of a Man is doing it better than this song in my opinion.

23 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

An installment / show she did in 2016 after the Radiant Me Tour. Supposedly was going to be a film with accompanying soundtrack with tracks like “Trust In Me”, “Beach”, etc.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thefader.com/2016/10/27/fka-twigs-london-report-dance/amp

https://sanjoyroy.net/2016/10/fka-twigs-rooms/

Wow i may have never heard about this! Interesting :) 

BOZ said “It’s because it sounds bland, it sounds like something so many other artists could release which makes it come off as boring. Artist like Fka has bar set high and is always expected to bring something fresh and unique and it’s disappointing when she doesn’t” about the song and that the album sounds the same.. 

i Don’t think the song sounds bland but I agree it’s missing the usual FKA Twigs feel to it. kinda hoped the album would be different 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

I LOVE it it's a commercial banger while stilñ keeping twigs identity in my opinion, I see it as she's pushing the limit even further regards to making a banger then when she did Two Weeks, In Time or Holy Terrain

8nl2OpX.png

Tears in the club >>>>> Measure of a man

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

On 12/18/2021 at 2:43 PM, VioletBunny said:

BOZ said “It’s because it sounds bland, it sounds like something so many other artists could release which makes it come off as boring. Artist like Fka has bar set high and is always expected to bring something fresh and unique and it’s disappointing when she doesn’t” about the song and that the album sounds the same.. 

i Don’t think the song sounds bland but I agree it’s missing the usual FKA Twigs feel to it. kinda hoped the album would be different 

She's definitly going for something more generic but that's on purpose for sure. I said I'm not too keen on the songs but I've been having the two last ones stuck in my head for days. It works but it's just not very original coming from Twigs.

On 12/18/2021 at 3:09 PM, TheBoss said:

I see it as she's pushing the limit even further regards to making a banger then when she did Two Weeks, In Time or Holy Terrain

That's a great way to see it. Those are R&B songs in a more classic way than her usual stuff. They are still good in the context of the album and are a way to reach the general public.

On 12/18/2021 at 1:06 AM, regattasinthewind said:

Mixtape arriving January 14 according to NYLON 

Well if it's still a mixtape and not an actual album I guess we can consider it a side project from FKA Twigs other work. She's so unusual that she'll have her mixtape being the one release being very commercial and successful while her albums and EPs are being more experimental and critically acclaimed. 

On 12/17/2021 at 11:14 PM, Rocket0212 said:

Just imagine if Trilogy - Kissland era Abel made a song with twigs.

That's exactly what I thought.  EP2 Twigs with House of Balloons The Weeknd would have been ace. I imagine something kinda like FKA Twigs x inc. but dirtier and more experimental.

Just like with Lana the old Abel could be the guy on Twigs early songs and vice versa. 

House of Balloons Abel with any other Lana than Lust for life Lana would have been great as well.