StationToStation

FKA twigs

Oh, this is very straightforward rnb and not electronic/avant garde I enjoy from her. I'm not into rnb so I can't rate this project objectively but to me it's the hardest pass since that green remix vomit Gaga released last year. It's obviously not that bad but I didn't save anything. Well, at least she calls it a mixtape, so I'll be waiting for her next LP.

I’ll need more time with it to get a more honest review I guess. I’ll keep in mind it’s a mixtape, so lots of collabs, not very cohesive and so on. But on first listen, I like the last tracks better, but find the voice memos way too present. Some of you suggested to skip all the interludes and I’ll probably do that as well. 

every track was good, I luv them all. She's a horny and confident woman, we love to see it! I also didnt mind there was a lot of speaking, she said it was a mixtape from the start so I kinda knew what to expect. I loved the vibes. It's an AM album for sure.

My favs were ride the dragon(fireee), honda, meta angel, oh my love, lightbeamers, papi bones, which way, jealousy, careless, the christi interlude hahaha, and thank you song

minds of men was interesting, tears in the club was good but I get the feeling it was so fast because of Abel (a la Holy Terrain ft Future). pamplemousse  is good as well. As for which way, I guess I'm just not high enough lol.

I'm so sorry if you can't appreciate bad gyal fka twigs island beats tho.

Anyone else thinking about PinkPantheress in some tracks? I mean, they're both from London and habit the same space of music, so it makes sense for them to have the same inspirations.

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

It's not in full on deezer and I was able to listen to it multiple times.

It is a great mixtape and I actually love the talking. it really serves the way she intended to. You can't feel lonely while listening to it. Lot of love is given.

She's really exploring the dancehall/r&b sound she was intending for between Mellissa and Magdalene that she never got a chance to release. 

Love the luminous sound for Bad Gyal Fka Twigs. :heart:

42 minutes ago, HigherThanHope said:

Yea everything is def post-MAG, but these two could def fit on that album. 

Did she say this anywhere btw?

yeah her apple music interview

Just now, katebusho said:

imagine being a capri so u can fully vibe with this masterpiece :oprah: kinda want to drop my libra sun 

the way this entire mixtape is on the same wavelength as i am right now. the timing couldnt have been more right :oprah:  im still realizing how much i relate to some parts of some songs. 

3 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

the way this entire mixtape is on the same wavelength as i am right now. the timing couldnt have been more right :oprah:  im still realizing how much i relate to some parts of some songs. 

truth stay, vibe never realer!

:wink:

4 hours ago, katebusho said:

imagine being a capri so u can fully vibe with this masterpiece :oprah: kinda want to drop my libra sun 

they i don't have to imagine, capricorns finally being represented we loveeee to see it :defeated:

the way the merch is SOLD OUT. can't wait to rock my goat caprisongs long sleeve :oprah:

giphy.gif

my bf is a huge fan of twigs and loved the new project... he's a fan of R&B (and a Capricorn lmao) so it was right up his alley. I equally enjoyed it as well, ill have to replay it

also I think fallen alien  is one of the best songs ever written and produced in history period