StationToStation

FKA twigs

8 hours ago, TrashMagiq said:

I really wish she released a version of Caprisongs without the talking throughout (or had the talking bits on separate interlude tracks). It was cute on first listen but it really ruins replayability for me tbh.

Weird how she did it for a few but not all. I totally get why you (and most people) feel this way, but I honestly love it. It doesn't feel too throwaway or unnecessary to me since she talked about how these conversations and friends were so integral to her healing and mental health. Plus there are only a few songs it's unnecessary for, mainly Honda - but even that one is petty quick. TG Interlude drags on but it's also kinda funny to me lolol 

I especially love MA's intro and OML's outro

29 minutes ago, HigherThanHope said:

Weird how she did it for a few but not all. I totally get why you (and most people) feel this way, but I honestly love it. It doesn't feel too throwaway or unnecessary to me since she talked about how these conversations and friends were so integral to her healing and mental health. Plus there are only a few songs it's unnecessary for, mainly Honda - but even that one is petty quick. TG Interlude drags on but it's also kinda funny to me lolol 

I especially love MA's intro and OML's outro

OML speaking parts are so good 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

8 hours ago, TrashMagiq said:

I really wish she released a version of Caprisongs without the talking throughout (or had the talking bits on separate interlude tracks). It was cute on first listen but it really ruins replayability for me tbh.

It'a actually what I love the most about the project, it takes it to another lever for me

8nl2OpX.png

10 hours ago, TrashMagiq said:

i completely agree :/

On 11/27/2022 at 5:25 PM, TrashMagiq said:

My only issue with the spoken parts is that they aren't seperate tracks/interludes 

ↀ  ⟡   last.fm

I like the talking bits when listening to the mixtape from front to back but sometimes I'm just not in the mood to listen to em conversations, especially when putting specific songs in playlists. Like, I don't wanna listen to that "this is the year" dialogue every time I listen to meta angel :toofunny:. It would've been great if she did the speaking bits as separate interlude tracks like Janet Jackson does w her albums. Love me a good interlude, but sometimes I just wanna get to the music tbh.

qfrWuBl.png

Just now, BartenderDeco said:

a1BOR4y.jpg

her album is done, this was an interview with the COO of atlantic

honestly i have no idea how she's going to top m3ll155x and magdalene - maybe by going in a completely different direction kind of like she did with caprisongs but even then idk like she's really at a pivotal moment in her career right now

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 hour ago, the ocean said:

honestly i have no idea how she's going to top m3ll155x and magdalene - maybe by going in a completely different direction kind of like she did with caprisongs but even then idk like she's really at a pivotal moment in her career right now

judging from the snippets on her posts it sounds like she’s doing underground club type of music, i hope she goes back to serious experimental music soon though 

That's great news that someone else is talking about her new music because if it was just her teasing, we wouldn't be able to trust her ☠️

Hopefully it is indeed an album though... But she's def said it's FKA3, so I'm sure that hasn't changed. This era clearly has a concept or cohesive visual, with the symbols over her face. The clubby/dance vibe is honestly too amazing for me to handle. I've wanted something like this since Ego Death