Sign in to follow this  
Deleted User

Patrick Wolf

10_12_Patrick_Wolf_Muenchen_411520_411.j

Baroque/Chamber pop's gypsy king, Patrick Denis Apps (30), is a multi-instrumentist (amongst the fancy classical instruments he plays, the harp, the viola, the ukelele, the achordeon and many more), he writes and produces his songs, with the electro-sampling+classical instruments style that made him so infamous, that just charms whoever hears his songs.

He has released 5 albums: Lycanthropy (2004), Wind in the Wires (2005), The Magic Position (2007), The Bachelor (2009), Lupercalia+Brumalia+Lemuralia (2011-2012) with a series of EPs in between, and a version compilation called "Sundark & Riverlight" in which throughout the 2 CDs we can listen to a specially orchestrated version of some specially chosen tracks from all his albums.

Ps: He's done a cover of Born To Die Live!

Don't you love him?

I want to marry him.

:isee:

Oh it was about time for this thread. I loooooooooooooove him (and similarly want to either marry or be him). I got into him because I was interested in his use of the ukulele. Lycanthropy is my absolute favorite and Wind in the Wires is also flawless. Both just strike me as Halloween albums which can only be a good thing in my opinion :flutter: Thinking of that, The Bachelor is pretty wintry and The Magic Position fits perfectly with spring. No doubt Lupercalia is the summer album here with "The City". If I were to list my top 5 favorites songs...

- The Childcatcher

- To the Lighthouse

- Land's End

- The Libertine

- The Future

But a huge shoutout to Peter Pan, Damaris, Ghost Song, and his cover of Kate Bush's Army Dreamers.

I love him & want to marry him too but he would never marry me, I'm the wrong gender. :icant:

My fave albums are Lycanthropy & Wind In The Wires (still haven't listened to his last 2 though).

Lycanthropy in particular is just perfect; I adore Wolf Song, To The Lighthouse & The Childcatcher (this one is so disturbing!).

This song though. This fucking song. :sadcore2: :crying4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Cvj5bq4WHA

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

Oh it was about time for this thread. I loooooooooooooove him (and similarly want to either marry or be him). I got into him because I was interested in his use of the ukulele. Lycanthropy is my absolute favorite and Wind in the Wires is also flawless. Both just strike me as Halloween albums which can only be a good thing in my opinion :flutter: Thinking of that, The Bachelor is pretty wintry and The Magic Position fits perfectly with spring. No doubt Lupercalia is the summer album here with "The City". If I were to list my top 5 favorites songs...

- The Childcatcher

- To the Lighthouse

- Land's End

- The Libertine

- The Future

But a huge shoutout to Peter Pan, Damaris, Ghost Song, and his cover of Kate Bush's Army Dreamers.

I love him & want to marry him too but he would never marry me, I'm the wrong gender. :icant:

My fave albums are Lycanthropy & Wind In The Wires (still haven't listened to his last 2 though).

Lycanthropy in particular is just perfect; I adore Wolf Song, To The Lighthouse & The Childcatcher (this one is so disturbing!).

This song though. This fucking song. :sadcore2: :crying4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Cvj5bq4WHA

I think we should hang out some time. We seem to love the same music (which is the best)

I got to know him thanks to the remix he made for Björk, and his collaborations with my dream man Owen Pallett. I fell in love almost instantly. I have almost all of his albums, my favorite is Lupercalia, holding hands with Brumalia, but lately I've been into The Bachellor so hard!

I've gone off him lately since I've been getting more into pop music but I really need to listen to all his albums again. Wind in the Wires is probably my favorite along with Lupercalia. The later is sort of an unpopular opinion I guess but the sequence of Time of my Life/The Days/Slow Motion kills me.  

Favorite song changes a lot but I love Tristan.

"I'm fucked but I'm fucking too"  :derpna2:  :derpna2:

tumblr_msfqg0hpqG1sx7kg2o5_250.gif

I've gone off him lately since I've been getting more into pop music but I really need to listen to all his albums again. Wind in the Wires is probably my favorite along with Lupercalia. The later is sort of an unpopular opinion I guess but the sequence of Time of my Life/The Days/Slow Motion kills me.  

Favorite song changes a lot but I love Tristan.

"I'm fucked but I'm fucking too"  :derpna2:  :derpna2:

Tell me about it, my last breakup was like, those three songs plus a couple of others, soundtrack 24/7

I really like his first two albums. I never got into The Magic Position (except for Augustine, which is lovely) and only listened to the newer albums once or twice. One of my favorite songs is actually the other Nico cover, Ari's Song. It's gorgeous.

To be away from all, to be one of everything

I really like his first two albums. I never got into The Magic Position (except for Augustine, which is lovely) and only listened to the newer albums once or twice. One of my favorite songs is actually the other Nico cover, Ari's Song. It's gorgeous.

Same and yeah, me neither, which is probably why I never listened to The Bachelor and Lupercalia... I'll give them a try eventually.

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

Same and yeah, me neither, which is probably why I never listened to The Bachelor and Lupercalia... I'll give them a try eventually.

I also prefer the first two, just the kind of creepy sense of fantasy he evokes, but I'm a sucker for Lupercalia more than The Magic Position or The Bachelor...It's very cheesy but full of great hooks and melodies that are sort of undeniable.

Well, I actually think Brumalia was his greatest creation ever. And I don't know why there's all this hate towards Lupercalia (which, I even read some people's opinions towards it, they prefer "Patrick Wolf being sad because he makes better songs". And that hurt me). Lupercalia has Slow Motion, Time of My Life, The Days, The Falcons, The Future, William... Those all are amazing songs. In fact, the only record I don't skip ONE song is Lupercalia.

@ reviving this to start the inevitable discussion of B-sides. I've been hunting ALL night and some are so elusive...Have you delved outside of his albums?

@ reviving this to start the inevitable discussion of B-sides. I've been hunting ALL night and some are so elusive...Have you delved outside of his albums?

it's a real dilemma... I have stuff seriously unsorted, I'll make a screencap and upload it