Sign in to follow this  
Deleted User

Róisín Murphy

tumblr_m1ox4kIThj1qh0awlo1_400.jpg

Former Moloko lead singer, mother of NüDisco, Dj, Mother of babies who keep on interrupting her 3rd album release, Róisín Marie Murphy (40) has one of the best raspy voices ever, and a weird fashion sense which you could say has deeply inspired artists like Lady GaGa.

Two albums released: Ruby Blue (2004) which is a jazz-ish trip hop electronic masterpiece, and Overpowered (2007) which gives birth to her most commercial side, yet it still sounds insanely original. She's one of the best performers live I've ever seen. 

My dream collaboration? Sophie Ellis-Bextor+Róisín Murphy+Hurts.

:icant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaU--aBe0nU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Esw81LDdeck

Got the vinyl yesterday - other than the amazing liner notes, I finally noticed that there's an exclamation point in the title (probably the reasoning behind the embossing?)

On another note, do I have to start mentioning people so I'm not talking to myself  :crossed:  @

Got the vinyl yesterday - other than the amazing liner notes, I finally noticed that there's an exclamation point in the title (probably the reasoning behind the embossing?)

On another note, do I have to start mentioning people so I'm not talking to myself  :crossed:  @

I really tried, but it seems people do not dig her much on this forum :( The new album is amazing. I love it.

I really tried, but it seems people do not dig her much on this forum :( The new album is amazing. I love it.

Personally I don't get the criticism of it being "weirder" than HT since the first 5 tracks and Romantic Comedy are easily more "accessible" than the majority of her last album IMO. With that being said, the last two songs are a bit too experimental just for the sake of being so, but on the whole I prefer it to HT. 

What I can't get over though is her doing a proper photoshoot after revealing the cover art - these could have easily made better covers:

RoisinMurphyShot04-credit-Nicole-Nodland

Roisin-Murphy-3-770x513.jpg

Personally I don't get the criticism of it being "weirder" than HT since the first 5 tracks and Romantic Comedy are easily more "accessible" than the majority of her last album IMO. With that being said, the last two songs are a bit too experimental just for the sake of being so, but on the whole I prefer it to HT. 

What I can't get over though is her doing a proper photoshoot after revealing the cover art - these could have easily made better covers:

RoisinMurphyShot04-credit-Nicole-Nodland

Roisin-Murphy-3-770x513.jpg

wow that last one is gorgeous

I was super hyped for that project yet I have to admit that I'm a bit disappointed about the final product. 

I don't get why she mixed Jealousy - THE build-up song - in the most hectic and chaotoc way while keeping the entirety of Stimulation (plus this awkward album intro).

I always thought Incapable needed some grooming but the album version is a bit too brief & aprubt. 

And I hate what she did to Murphy's Law - it feels so chepened down and lost a lot of it's Disco-Diva-Oomph. She should have stuck with the shorter edit that was part of the single release. 

The previously unheard songs are all fillers except Shellfish Madmoiselle. Game Changer is probably the lamest one.

I feel like she overthought this albumn tried too much to be creative with the new mixes and ended up with mediocre stem-edid-like remixes.

Would have preferred it if she would have stayed with the more straightforwatd 80s-Disco-vibe the single versiond hinted at.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

no but ruby blue is literally one of the best albums of all time :defeated:

might be my most listened to album ever

also she starts touring europe on april 26th if any european girlies with taste want to see her :makeup2:

this thread needs to be updated more

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif