National Anthem

What Are You Listening To?

Handel's Messiah.

Listening again.

Hope I don't hurt any of your feelzzzz by saying this, but this piece in and of itself is better than anything so far posted in this thread.

:legend:

Handel sux, dude. Listen to some real shit like JS Bach, late Beethoven, Chopin, Wagner, Brahms, Mahler, Rachmoninoff, Scriabin, Debussy, Ravel, Stravinsky, Ives, Bartok, Messiaen, Varese, Webern, Shostaknovich, Schnittke, Ligeti, Penderecki and then come into this thread and say that. Go play baseball with Handel's dead skull, Madrigal.

:excited:

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Take Me There - Blackstreet ft. MYA

We Don't Even Talk Anymore - Boyz II Men

By Your Side - Sade

Tears In Heaven - Eric Clapton

Angel Of Mine Monica

Dance With My Father - Luther Vandross

Two Person Party - Three Plus

Got Rice? - AZN Pride

lol okay dexter is about to come on bye

Handel sux, dude. Listen to some real shit like JS Bach, late Beethoven, Chopin, Wagner, Brahms, Mahler, Rachmoninoff, Scriabin, Debussy, Ravel, Stravinsky, Ives, Bartok, Messiaen, Varese, Webern, Shostaknovich, Schnittke, Ligeti, Penderecki and then come into this thread and say that. Go play baseball with Handel's dead skull, Madrigal.

:excited:

You sound like the Jester/Gravediggers in Hamlet.

:creep:

But with your utter rejection of my Sacred Baroque oratorio, I suppose you don't like Mendelssohn either?

Personally, I prefer Baroque to Romantic, so Chopin & Brahms don't really appeal to me. But I have to admit...I haven't heard of many towards the end of your list! My Liberal Arts education must not be complete.

WuwSR.gif

I shall commence to listen to at least one piece from all those whom I have not heard of previously, and will report back to this thread when I have finished.

Meanwhile....I am listening to "Barely Love You Too" by Frank + Derol.

Bn2mO.png

I don’t know what that implies, really...i never read Billy Shakespeare, honestly. Jeez, that’s embarrassing. Haa but what do you know, Mendelssohn is the composer i dislike the most. Man, i can't stand that guy's music. Good thing ol' Rich Wagner tore him some new assholes. Anyway, Handel and Haydn follow after Mendelssohn. How can someone write over a hundred symphonies? I mean, you must be doing some real shit work if you're cranking out that many symphonies. That’s interesting that you prefer Baroque over Romantic. Very rare. You’re a special bird, Madrigal. I imagine you will probably hate most of the composers toward the end of that list. I knew this real stodgy guy who didn’t consider Shostakovich to even be music, SHOSTAKOVICH. As far as this guy was concerned, music ended after the early Romantics. I mean, what in the fuck? You're not that bad, are you? Give me some hope. Still, my brain is bleeding trying to figure out how someone can be indifferent toward Chopin.

Guest Maru the Cat

Queen - Mustapha

The song combines my two favourite things: Queen and my brother :3

Gosh, Queen has such a fair bit of polarizing material :flutter:

^ Gosh, such an odd backing track. Parts of it sound like they were played entirely on some, like, weird, electronic Futurist-like machine, and recorded on a toy computer inside of the bathroom stall of a discotheque in 1978 whilst Freddie was summoning your brother.