lolitanymphet

Anime & Manga!

So I noticed that we don't have a thread for this on here so I thought I'd start one (I am seriously hoping this thread doesn't die omg  :toofunny:) I thought I'd write a bit about some of the stuff I've read/seen and then you guys can jump in and discuss what you've read/seen and so on, okay soooo..

DNwebheaderhomepage.jpg

The first show I ever watched was Death Note which is really popular. Ryuk (the most awesome shinigami ever) becomes bored sitting around in the Death God's realm and drops his Death Note into the human world. It's about Yagami Light and his battle with the mysterious 'L' (known by his alias only) over a notebook that grants the holder the death of anybody if their name is written down in the Death Note. It's full of suspense and mystery and also really awesome characters. (I brought the box set of the manga collection straight out of finishing it is so gooooooood)

wall1024-elfenlied02.jpg

After Death Note I moved on to Elfen Lied (full of gore and really nsfw) but totally awesome with really likeable characters and an intense plot line. A real must see for people who enjoy the thriller genre.

I really like horror/thriller/gorey anime so I wont go into to detail on these ones but if you enjoyed Elfen Lied and Death Note you'll probably like some of these!! Ones that I'd recommend are GantZ (seriously nsfw and really gorey but kick ass), Cossette No Shouzou, Highschool Of The Dead and Another.

another_custom_dvd_cover_by_ninthfantasy

Okay so I'm going to go into some detail on Another because it's so amazing good (it's the only anime that has actually made me cry so hard omg) 26 years ago, in a third-year classroom of a middle school, there was a student named Misaki. As an honors student who was also good at sports, she was popular with her classmates. When she suddenly died, her classmates decided to carry on as if she was still alive until graduation. Then, in the spring of 1998, a boy named Sakakibara Kouichi transfers to the class, and he grows suspicious of the fearful atmosphere in that classroom. In particular, there is a beautiful, aloof girl named Mei Misaki who wears an eyepatch and is always alone drawing pictures. (I totally didn't just copy this description nooooo, if you watch this I'd recommend reading the manga as well, it's so beautiful)

Other anime that I've seen that are pretty good are Serial Experiments Lain (10/10 must see imo), Zero No Tsukaima, Samurai Champloo, and I'm about to start Deadman Wonderland!!

Serial_Experiments_Lain_WS_by_kokia.jpg

The above picture is from Serial Experiments Lain, the art style might seem a bit weird and the story disconnected but nothing that happens is random. After watching it I feel like I've been in a dream, this show takes what you know and throws it out of the window. A must see for those who like The Matrix.

So I guess I'm hoping you guys will jump in and share some of the stuff you've seen!! 

dont-deliver-us-from-evil.jpg

I'm a 90s kid so I grew up on the groundbreaking and iconic Sailor Moon. I watched the anime first then read the manga in elementary school. I've sticked to that shojo vein as the genre that I gravitate towards. Puella Magi Madoka Magica took the magical girl genre at turned it on it's head and spit it out so that is highly recommended. My favorite studio is Clamp because of their art style and the emotional resonance that they can put in their work. Wish is my favorite title from them although Cardcaptor Sakura and Kobato. come in really close. I go through my periods where I'll watch some anime then stop. Attack of the Titans has been recommended to me multiple times but I fell asleep watching the first episode because I was tipsy.

iiWwSUI4kLCYM.gif

giffix-1.gif

I'm a 90s kid so I grew up on the groundbreaking and iconic Sailor Moon. I watched the anime first then read the manga in elementary school. I've sticked to that shojo vein as the genre that I gravitate towards. Puella Magi Madoka Magica took the magical girl genre at turned it on it's head and spit it out so that is highly recommended. My favorite studio is Clamp because of their art style and the emotional resonance that they can put in their work. Wish is my favorite title from them although Cardcaptor Sakura and Kobato. come in really close. I go through my periods where I'll watch some anime then stop. Attack of the Titans has been recommended to me multiple times but I fell asleep watching the first episode because I was tipsy.

iiWwSUI4kLCYM.gif

The only anime I've seen by Clamp is Miyuki-Chan in Wonderland which was cute but a little odd  ^-^

What genre would you put Puella Magi Madoka Magica under?? I've heard some people say it's really good so I might look into it  :flutter: 

@@greymillenium I'm a 90s kid as well, I only got into the first season of pokemon when it premiered, watched every single sailor moon episode and Digimon for two seasons and a little bit of Yu-gi-oh..after that Id watch a few shows here and there but my all time fav anime/manga series would be Beck Mongolian Chop Squad..hands down, I recommend it.

I really like Hayao Miyazaki's work

Live Forever Golden Grill.

Let's see...
I've seen a decent amount of DBZ (I only got into it three years ago)
I've also seen Princess Mononoke, all but the last 11 episodes of Death Note, the first 11 of Baka and Test, and have only just started Future Diary.

I'm planning to watch Neon Genesis Evangelion, Hetalia: Axis Powers, and Sailor Moon once I finish the ones above. That and re-watch Sakura Cardcaptors and Inuyasha (watched both off-and-on when I was little)

Edited by Mauri8396

BUgY0NJCIAE7JWe.png

@@lolitanymphet i love you for creating this thread! 

I'm a newbie with the whole anime thing and i have watched only Mirai Nikki, Another, Highschool Of The Dead, Deadbane, Cardcaptor Sakura and i'm now watching Toradora! I don't consider Pokemon and Digimon as pure animes but i have watched like every single season of both shows and i am a huge Pokemon fan, i still play it and i can't wait for X and Y! I love Yu Gi Oh too :)

I started watching them because my best friend did and some classmates invited her to an convention and she told me about it and it sounded really fun so i went with her and it was AMAZING! This sunday i'm going to another one and i can't wait to see all the cosplayer and take pictures with them!

Does anyone know a good anime to recommend? Something cute and funny  :party:

I am enjoying Toradora a lot! it's pretty funny, and it has some drama parts too ;) (and i love the opening song, it's really catchy hahaha)

@@lolitanymphet i love you for creating this thread! 

I'm a newbie with the whole anime thing and i have watched only Mirai Nikki, Another, Highschool Of The Dead, Deadbane, Cardcaptor Sakura and i'm now watching Toradora! I don't consider Pokemon and Digimon as pure animes but i have watched like every single season of both shows and i am a huge Pokemon fan, i still play it and i can't wait for X and Y! I love Yu Gi Oh too :)

I started watching them because my best friend did and some classmates invited her to an convention and she told me about it and it sounded really fun so i went with her and it was AMAZING! This sunday i'm going to another one and i can't wait to see all the cosplayer and take pictures with them!

No problem!! ^-^ Ahhhh that's so cool!! omg I now have you to fangirl with over Another ^3^

I'm going to a con too at the end of the year and it'll be my first time cosplaying  :D  What con did you go to??

My cousin loves Toradora I get the feeling I'm going to have to watch it, do you like it??  :smile:

@ Kaichou wa maid sama   :party: 

@ Dark and nice ? It's pretty vague, can you be more precise ?

Maybe the Aoi Bungaku Series which is very interesting and taken from classical Japanese literature.

SCARFACE2371.png

the only anime i've ever watched/liked is like a movie where a girl gets lost during a family trip and ends up in a restaurant & they make her work there & she can't flee? and weird creatures come out of the sea? p sure it was a fairly big movie. sry if that doesn't make sense :ohno: i've seen some sailor moon too though and liked it. last year my school had a japanese course & i thought that was interesting but all they did was watch anime in japanese w subtitles, it was odd.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

the only anime i've ever watched/liked is like a movie where a girl gets lost during a family trip and ends up in a restaurant & they make her work there & she can't flee? and weird creatures come out of the sea? p sure it was a fairly big movie. sry if that doesn't make sense :ohno: i've seen some sailor moon too though and liked it. last year my school had a japanese course & i thought that was interesting but all they did was watch anime in japanese w subtitles, it was odd.

It sounds like "Spirited Away". Lovely movie :flutter:

EQFO7rX.png

It sounds like "Spirited Away". Lovely movie :flutter:

yeah that's it! i like it too :flutter:

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I used to be really into Naruto too @, the anime after Shippuden does suck but I still check up on the manga every now and then. Ughh and I used to read a bunch of Naruto fanfic like the sad person I was :icant: I miss those days

I love all of the Studio Ghibli movies, but Princess Mononoke & Spirited Away are def my faves. Also Soul Eater, Death Note, & Deadman Wonderland are some of my favorite manga I've read. Deadman Wonderland is p dark, CC, you might like it

No problem!! ^-^ Ahhhh that's so cool!! omg I now have you to fangirl with over Another ^3^

I'm going to a con too at the end of the year and it'll be my first time cosplaying  :D  What con did you go to??

My cousin loves Toradora I get the feeling I'm going to have to watch it, do you like it??  :smile:

I got so confused during Another lol the last episodes where great!

There are different cons here obviously because i live in other country hahaha the ones i know from where i live are the Geek Con and the Epic Con (it's a new one) :) This saturday and sunday is the Geek Con, there is going to be for two days but i can only go on sunday :( and i really wanted to go on Cosplay but i didn't had the money and it was going to be a big one so i am now doing a makeup that has nothing related to animes but it's a weird one and i think that is the important hahahaha

and yes! Toradora is really cute and great :party: