lolitanymphet

Anime & Manga!

So I joined the anime club at my college and I've recently been watching the following weekly:

• Danganronpa
  • The Devil is a Part-Timer!
  • Attack on Titan
  • Penguindrum
  • Fulllmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
  • Kill la Kill

I haven't finished any of the above, btw (I am up-to-date on KlK, though)

What is Danganronpa like?? Is it good??

dont-deliver-us-from-evil.jpg

I love manga and anime. My favs would have to be:

~ Naruto for sure I have been reading it for like 8 years and I'm determined to sick it out till the end tbh. I aint got time for the anime and all the filler crap.

~ Girl Friends

~ Full Metal Alchemist

~ Maison Ikukoku

~ Inuyasha

~ Tail of the Moon

~ Claymore

~ Lovely Complex

~ The WallFlower

~ Rurouni Kenshin 

~ Negima (although i fucking hated the ending)

~ Othello

~ Chrono Crusade

thats just off the top of my head there is probably a lot more because my book marks on mangafox is sooo long lmao

Does anyone know a good anime to recommend? Something cute and funny  :party:

this is late but depends, do you mean a shojo? I'm pretty sure if you give me a bit more on what you like I can recommend something.

I'm watching Gantz, it's repetitive after a while but gosh at the start it's ...  :defeated: and that metro scene  :defeated:

I wish it would be deeper though, it feels shallow. It's very easy to get into it but I really wouldn't suggest you to watch Gantz if you're under 16.

@@lolitanymphet It's very different from what I've seen before and I'm gonna watch the other stuff you recommended. 

I am shocked that nobody recommends Vampire Knight  :hdu: , the graphics are beautiful and the story is captivating. I gave up though because I got tired of the Yuki/Kaname bullshit.

Also, you should read or watch Chobits ! It's so cute but it is deeper than it seems to be. 

Don't read vampire night because its soooo dragged on. It had potential to be one of my favs ever but then it got weird. Like all of a sudden everyone was related to each other and like idk it was full of empty ships imo.

oh. my god. I feel it in the air,

What is Danganronpa like?? Is it good??

It's alright, I guess.

I mean, the main cast is an assortment of high school sterotypes plus an evil robot bear.

It's decently fast-paced after the first 2-3 episodes- characters start dying left and right.

The interaction between the students can be hilarious, but given the school's graduation requirements, there's also lots of drama & suspense and near-constant mystery.

BUgY0NJCIAE7JWe.png

It's alright, I guess.

I mean, the main cast is an assortment of high school sterotypes plus an evil robot bear.

It's decently fast-paced after the first 2-3 episodes- characters start dying left and right.

The interaction between the students can be hilarious, but given the school's graduation requirements, there's also lots of drama & suspense and near-constant mystery.

I think I'm going to have to watch this, it sounds pretty good  :flutter:

dont-deliver-us-from-evil.jpg

I started watching Sailor Moon a month ago. I'm nearly 30 episodes in and this has basically been my reaction:

photo.jpg

I'm not surprised I liked it, but that I liked it so f•cking much.

In other news, my anime club's done for this semester, and I don't think we ended up finishing a single season of anything:eek:

By the way, does anyone have any favorite Watanabe show/movie you'd recommend?

I'd heard of Cowboy Bebop and The Animatrix before, and once I heard a couple of songs from the Samurai Champloo soundtrack and found out all three productions were directed by the same person, I knew I had to look into his work.

BUgY0NJCIAE7JWe.png

By the way, does anyone have any favorite Watanabe show/movie you'd recommend?

I'd heard of Cowboy Bebop and The Animatrix before, and once I heard a couple of songs from the Samurai Champloo soundtrack and found out all three productions were directed by the same person, I knew I had to look into his work.

I'd recommend Bebop (and its film) more so than Champloo personally, but both are fantastic. :gclap: Space Dandy looks fun too, but we'll see.  :creep:

:flutter:

tumblr_nbdq8rb2Ps1qz85zpo1_400.png

*unfazed by dead thread*

So I've been watching more anime than ever lately (I've finished Madoka Magica, Sailor Moon season 1, Chuunibyo, Kill la Kill, Arpeggio of Blue Steel since my last post) and I'm looking forward to the Spring season.

Any thoughts on it? Shows you plan to watch?

BUgY0NJCIAE7JWe.png

I started watching Sailor Moon a month ago. I'm nearly 30 episodes in and this has basically been my reaction:

photo.jpg

I'm not surprised I liked it, but that I liked it so f•cking much.

finish watching the last ~5 episodes then ill talk. i need someone to share my pain  :icant:

EQFO7rX.png

*unfazed by dead thread*

So I've been watching more anime than ever lately (I've finished Madoka Magica, Sailor Moon season 1, Chuunibyo, Kill la Kill, Arpeggio of Blue Steel since my last post) and I'm looking forward to the Spring season.

Any thoughts on it? Shows you plan to watch?

Akuma no Riddle and possibly Blade & Soul :ohno:

tumblr_nbdq8rb2Ps1qz85zpo1_400.png

Can't believe no one has mentioned AKIRA or ghost in the shell, grave of the fireflies. I've seen a few but some are just too twisted to mention like urotsukidōji, just don't go there. 

If I went to jail, at least I wouldn't have to sign autographs

Can't believe no one has mentioned AKIRA or ghost in the shell, grave of the fireflies. I've seen a few but some are just too twisted to mention like urotsukidōji, just don't go there. 

oh, I love gits! I've only seen the movie, but it completely has blown my mind.

I need to see AKIRA someday, same with hotaru no haka (this one has been completely spoiled to me...)

finish watching the last ~5 episodes then ill talk. i need someone to share my pain  :icant:

Talk to me, I fucking love Sailor Moon! Seen the whole anime and read manga so many times I've lost track.

i am nothing and should be everything

So I haven't watched much anime, I half-ass watched Sailor Moon and Yugioh when I was a kid since two of sisters liked it, but I wasn't too much into it. I've recently watched Soul Eater, Claymore, One Piece and Black Butler with my husband, I liked Soul Eater the most, Black Butler was okay but I couldn't really get into the others. Does anyone have any recommendations that involve sci-fi or horror? Particularly aliens, zombies &/or werewolves, vampires too if they aren't too 'twilighty'? 

Oh yeah, I forgot I used to watch The Hills Have Size, a much watch for all anime lovers  :toofunny:

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg

I've recently rewatched Revolutionary Girl Utena

and literally cried... Second fave anime after Neon Genesis Evangelion, which means so much more to me than just another cool cartoon.

It's such a shame that Utena isn't as well-known as NGE, it's just as good and deep. Also, people want shows with properly portrayed lesbians and bisexuals, and when they get one, they pretty much ignore it... Such a shame.

i am nothing and should be everything

I am shocked that nobody recommends Vampire Knight  :hdu: , the graphics are beautiful and the story is captivating. I gave up though because I got tired of the Yuki/Kaname bullshit.

Also, you should read or watch Chobits ! It's so cute but it is deeper than it seems to be. 

i'm just 4 years late but i love vampire knight too, never finished the manga but i will someday and i just love the anime so much, one of the firsts i ever watched

i'm also reading/watching chobits now because of my boyfriend and i'm completly in love! chii's so cute! i relate to her so much

i'm just bothered about the fillers in the anime but they're funny anyway so 

8bed6302093afb3474710b83255143a8.gif

so is anyone watching the animes of this season?

i just won a 3 months signature on crunchyroll so i'm now watching Konohana Kitan and BLEND-S, both with 3 episodes until now

And i'm watching Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon because it's very funny and gay

8bed6302093afb3474710b83255143a8.gif

so is anyone watching the animes of this season?

i just won a 3 months signature on crunchyroll so i'm now watching Konohana Kitan and BLEND-S, both with 3 episodes until now

And i'm watching Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon because it's very funny and gay

I haven't watched anime in years and I haven't read manga for such a long time too. I don't have time to... :toofunny:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I took a character quiz of Chobits and I got Shinbo! ^^'

https://www.quotev.com/quiz/7292491/Which-Chobits-Character-are-you

Hiromu Shinbo is Hideki's best friend, and a faithful and loyal friend at that. With his excited laptop persocom by his side, Hiromu is always somebody to rely and depend on (which Hideki does on more than one occasion!). Hiromu goes to cram school with Hideki and after finding his teacher Takako alone in the park one night, they get romantically involved and elope, only later to come back married. Hiromu is friendly, amusing and patient, making him the typical nice type. He mostly always gives a smile and is always helpful.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png