lolitanymphet

Anime & Manga!

Have any of you guys seen Madoka? It's probably my favorite anime of all time. I was so floored by how deep and dark the story was underneath the pretty exterior

No, I thought it was only about some cute magic girls. :O

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

No, I thought it was only about some cute magic girls. :O

That's what they want you to think  :creep:  I won't spoil the story, but the series is typically thought of as a "deconstruction" of the magical girl genre because there's so much more to it. I really recommend it!

That's what they want you to think  :creep:  I won't spoil the story, but the series is typically thought of as a "deconstruction" of the magical girl genre because there's so much more to it. I really recommend it!

No worries, I haven't watched anime or read manga in years. :crai:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

@@fl0ridakil0s Interesting, I want to see a new anime so bad but didn't know which one, don't know the new animes of thi season either lol

Had anyone seen the anime adaptation of Persona 5? I'm olaying the game and I'm wondering if it's as good as the videogame

8nl2OpX.png

I wish that I could get excited about anime again.

I still read manga from time to time, as there are plenty of mature and fascinating titles (mostly in the seinen genre), but new anime is such predictable, crude trash. 

Thanks to incel otakus for ruining the industry. 

I thought depression made me unable to sit through 20 minutes of cartoon, but Bojack Horseman blew my mind. It turned out that most anime is not up to my standards. 

I goddamn miss Satoshi Kon.
original.gif
Time to rewatch Paranoia Agent and all the movies.

i am nothing and should be everything

Have any of you guys seen Madoka? It's probably my favorite anime of all time. I was so floored by how deep and dark the story was underneath the pretty exterior

im mami. i love that anime. all my friends and i watched it as it aired in high school and it was fantastic. i love all of it. even the stupid 3rd movie. iconic 

I wish that I could get excited about anime again.

I still read manga from time to time, as there are plenty of mature and fascinating titles (mostly in the seinen genre), but new anime is such predictable, crude trash. 

Thanks to incel otakus for ruining the industry. 

I thought depression made me unable to sit through 20 minutes of cartoon, but Bojack Horseman blew my mind. It turned out that most anime is not up to my standards. 

I goddamn miss Satoshi Kon.

original.gif

Time to rewatch Paranoia Agent and all the movies.

i feel like I kind of outgrew anime too lol. I used to love slice of life shit but then I realized the entire fanbase was a bunch of pervs and it really turned me off

I'm much more into mangas than anime, but I would like to share some that have been following me since my adolescence :flutter:

So my ABSOLUTE favourite manga of all time, which is also an anime, is Rave Master. There's 35 tomes, I read them all at least 4 times each. It's so fucking good. It's one of my fav things in the world but practically no one knows about it because the author, Hiro Mashima (also known as god), is much more known for Fairy Tale, the one he did after Rave Master. It's fucking transcendantal. It's hard to describe the plot but it's basically a shonen focused on adventure and... well emotion. Musica is one of my very favourite fictional characters ever created. It's complex, beautiful, funny, entertaining, and incredibly moving at times. 

I also wanted to share a few other mangas: Satan 666, also known as O-Part Hunter, who shares similarities in the main plot with Rave. The character design is brilliant and the lore is sooo excellent.

There is also Air Gear, a shonen, which is the first manga I ever read and had a considerable impact on what shaped me urgh. It's focused on inline skates basically. I was OBSESSED with it for all my middle school years. The character of Agito, with a split personality, got me rly fucked up

But pleeeeeease I'm pleading yall read Rave, I mean Fairy Tale is shit compared to it

ZKcaooE.png

I finished watching it like 10 days after my first post here and it changed my life.

BUgY0NJCIAE7JWe.png

on episode 23 of BNHA S3

was the movie of any importance?? should I pause and watch??

I haven't seen it, but from the plot summary I read, it's set between seasons 2 and 3 and may be filler.

BUgY0NJCIAE7JWe.png

I know Akira is legendary and all but is it really that good???

I WANT to read Akira but I’m worried that it’s gonna be too scary for me. :defeated: But I’m pretty certain that I will bring myself to read it one day.

Sorry, can’t answer your question. :/

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

i love anime and manga, have a few favourites!

Already watched:

Sailor Moon 

Sakura CardCaptor

Dragon Ball

Saint Seiya

Street Fighter II:V

Super Pig

Hantaro

Pokemon

Digimon

Death Note

Kimi ni Todoke

Elfen Lied

kuroshitsuji

Helsing Ultimate

Serial Experiments Lain

Super Lovers

Diabolik Lovers

Vampire Knight

Shiki

Afro-Samurai

Blood C

currently watching:

Inuyasha 

Monster

could have seen more but i rewatching and lose time xD

i love Ghibli, Satoshi Kon, Katsuhiro Otomo...

Well I finally watched Akira... and like Ghost in the Shell when I first saw it, I was so lost every now and then that I focused on thinking what I missed and when rather than followed what was going on. Naturally not having subtitles in my native language also played a part in this. Ghost in the Shell started opening up to me after two views and I absolutely love it now so I'm gonna have to watch Akira again as well.

i love anime and manga, have a few favourites!

Already watched:

Sailor Moon 

Sakura CardCaptor

Dragon Ball

Saint Seiya

Street Fighter II:V

Super Pig

Hantaro

Pokemon

Digimon

Death Note

Kimi ni Todoke

Elfen Lied

kuroshitsuji

Helsing Ultimate

Serial Experiments Lain

Super Lovers

Diabolik Lovers

Vampire Knight

Shiki

Afro-Samurai

Blood C

currently watching:

Inuyasha 

Monster

could have seen more but i rewatching and lose time xD

i love Ghibli, Satoshi Kon, Katsuhiro Otomo...

Ahh that's so great! I've seen a good handful of shows from your list :) 

Vampire Knight, InuYasha (I hope you liked it!!), Nana, Sailor Moon, Mobile Suit Gundam SEED and Terror in Resonance are my precious favourites  :ohno:

Other ones like Elfen Lied, Kimi ni Todoke and Fullmetal Alchemist also give me life