trashtrashtrash

The Weeknd

kinda getting bored of his sound, ever since starboy a lot of his songs have been sounding the same, BBTM wasn't my fav album but there was some real interesting tracks on it

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

i have tried to give all of his albums since his 2014 BBTM era, and i've found a few songs that i like here and there.

but i'll be damned if this isn't an exceptionally polished album from front to back.... if you don't like really dark and synthetic, disco/80's glittery goodness then i can see why you would wanna write this off. but it really is quite a journey from beginning to end. love quincy's interlude and the poem with jim carrey at the end

it's kind of like in the same vein as kim petras turn off the lights kinda? but sung by a male powerhouse popstar, and not about halloween obviously. 

he's such a dynamic artist and he's come such a long way.

plus he worked with max martin & swedish house mafia on this. it is so refined and damn near a perfect album, devoid of any glaring problems that need changing. maybe a song or two i wish had a few different parts-- but no songs i want to delete from the album and the experience. i've listened through it like 4 times in full today and it just really gives me chills multiple times throughout. he's so so excellent! 

if you didn't love it at first or think it's a tired sound for him, try and forget that he's dabbled in the 80's stuff before because

in my opinion it's never been as pristine as it is in this delivery. the concept, the flow of one song into the next, the story that he tells throughout... it's just stunning art. i love it.

TheProphecyFinal

Here is a link to all streaming services where you can stream my new single, "The Prophecy" :party:

Critics are saying: "It's pretty much the best thing ever" - Anthony Fantano

and "It would be super cool if you listened to it. It may surprise you with how not-bad it is.  It's actually pretty good" - a genuinely unbiased and actual casual pop music listener

Ok This is def a grower album:oprah: I think it’s special, atm I especially love Less than Zero, Gasoline, I heard you’re Married i wish it was solo tho, and Take my breath. Really cool sonically and thematically, the transitions, everything :mariah: Abel keeping us fed 

it will be interesting to see how this does commercially with singles. it almost feels better to listen to the album as a whole than it does to listen to any of the songs individually. its really more of an experience like it almost doesnt need a music video/film. I cant wait to listen to this in my car at night too i feel like it will really  bring it to its peak.

yeah this is not a particularly great album, after hours was much better

every song sounds almost filler, i know he was trying to make it all blend really well but he just ended up making every song sound bland and too similar to eachother

nothing really stands out to me, the only songs i liked on this album were less than zero and the closing monologue which isn't even a song

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

i think Gasoline is my fave i love how experimental it is and the chorus melody + nihilism

but this album is rlly not my taste... i hate to be that person but i miss the music he used to make

this new style just feels like radio bait

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da