Baby V Alex

Ariana Grande

24 minutes ago, House of Balloons said:

not a dw supremacist calling sweetener basic and redundant, what are you smoking?

Dangerous Woman is an underrated pop masterpiece, sweetener was good but not her best effort imho. Sorry to hear.

8 minutes ago, House of Balloons said:

sweetener was unique, experimental, lyrically-charged (by ariana standards) and way ahead of its time. it doesn't deserve to be compared to positions and its cheap trap beats that sound like they were stolen from a soundcloud rapper.Ā 

Thank you.

Ā 

Anyways, my thoughts on "positions":

Ā 

I feared for the worst when I heard the lead and well.. sorry, but we have to call a spade a spade. ThisĀ album is terribly bland and generic R&B. I'd rather listen to actually respected R&B artists likeĀ SZA, Tinashe, Summer Walker,Ā etc who make wayyyy better R&B, or at leastĀ better than whatever the fuckĀ this is.... Chile, the result when the girls try to copy Summer Walker... You just hate to see it. Most of these instrumentals sound straight out of someĀ "Free Lofi Beats to Study to" compilation on Youtube. And as if that weren't enough, the songwriting is downright awful and cheesy.Ā  The track lengths aren't helping either, most of these songs don't go anywhere and the finalĀ result feels very... undercooked for my taste. I pretty much adored all of her previous albums on first listen whereas positions just left me bored and wanting more. Wasted potential.
It's sad to see her peers getting better with each release whileĀ she seems to be regressing.

Ā 

Oh yeah and that Weekend collab? Not as good as I initially expected but still not terrible. I'll stream that one when it comes out I guess.

sweetener is her experimental magnum opusĀ and i think due to the way it wasĀ received she decided to go down the more watered down basic pop route which is upsetting

Ā 

shes such a talented vocalist and her status could get her any producer in the industry she wants to work with her soĀ itā€™s sad she wastes all that on such lazy productionĀ 

i love you, but you don't understand me.

edit nvm

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Ā 7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Ā 

I like Safety Net and Motive. Overall, I'm pretty underwhelmed by the album. She's one of my fave artists for sure though and I hope the album does well anyway. I wonder if I feel this way about this one bc I thought her last couple albums were some of the best I've ever heard and so in my mind it's maybe too hard to beat or match with? Probably

2 hours ago, House of Balloons said:

sweetener was unique, experimental, lyrically-charged (by ariana standards) and way ahead of its time. it doesn't deserve to be compared to positions and its cheap trap beats that sound like they were stolen from a soundcloud rapper.Ā 

do you know what experimental is? the only track that was near that was the light is coming....and thatā€™s it

Ā 

also, ahead of its time? everything that Ariana didnt do beforeĀ on that album was already done by much more talented r&b artists before her. this is not ahead of its time in the slightest.

considering I already see ā€œworse than sweetenerā€ comments, itā€™s reveals very much that yā€™all donā€™t like r&b in the slightest so why would you even like positions?

Ā 

anyways, that being said....positions was bland and forgettable. I love r&b, and I liked sweetener, but this album....ainā€™t it. I moreso trust the opinions of people who like r&b to determike whether this album was good or not, bcus of course ppl who have never listened to that genre before wonā€™t like itĀ 

2 hours ago, GroupieLove said:

Thank you.

Ā 

Anyways, my thoughts on "positions":

Ā 

I feared for the worst when I heard the lead and well.. sorry, but we have to call a spade a spade. ThisĀ album is terribly bland and generic R&B. I'd rather listen to actually respected R&B artists likeĀ SZA, Tinashe, Summer Walker,Ā etc who make wayyyy better R&B, or at leastĀ better than whatever the fuckĀ this is.... Chile, the result when the girls try to copy Summer Walker... You just hate to see it. Most of these instrumentals sound straight out of someĀ "Free Lofi Beats to Study to" compilation on Youtube. And as if that weren't enough, the songwriting is downright awful and cheesy.Ā  The track lengths aren't helping either, most of these songs don't go anywhere and the finalĀ result feels very... undercooked for my taste. I pretty much adored all of her previous albums on first listen whereas positions just left me bored and wanting more. Wasted potential.
It's sad to see her peers getting better with each release whileĀ she seems to be regressing.

Ā 

Oh yeah and that Weekend collab? Not as good as I initially expected but still not terrible. I'll stream that one when it comes out I guess.

You know whatā€™s so unfortunate too? This album already sounds like a watered down result of all the r&b albums I already listen to. Why should I come back to positions? It doesnā€™t offerĀ anything interesting, fresh, fun, or new.Ā 
Ā 

im not sure if summer walker is ā€œrespectedā€ in r&b tho lol....but I do think her projects before her debut studio album were good.Ā