Baby V Alex

Ariana Grande

Sweetner Ranking (On first listen best to worst)

everytime

better off

breathin

God is a woman

pete davidson

no tears left to cry

goodnight n go

R.E.M

the light is coming

raindrops

sweetener

borderline

successful

blazed

get well soon

I'd give the album a 6/10 it sounds so empty and plain and most of the songs sound the same.... shocked and upset really wanted to like this album more.

everytime goes OFFFFFFFFFFFFF 

i'm so fucking disappointed from my first listen :( I was so excited for this album but the Pharrell tracks are actual trash as I expected. Songs like R.E.M., sweetener and get well soon could have been standouts if it wasn't for his shit production

anyways from my first listen this is my ranking from best to worst

1. goodnight n go
  2. no tears left to cry
  3. breathin
  4. God is a woman
  5. better off
  6. everytime
  7. sweetener
  8. borderline
  9. R.E.M.
  10. successful
  11. get well soon
  12. raindrops
  13. blazed
  14. pete davidson
  15. the light is coming

FzytWEW.png

On First Listen:

Raindrops: 9/10

Blazed: 4/10

The Light Is Coming: 1/10

R.E.M.: 7/10

God Is A Woman: 8/10

Sweetener: 7/10

Successful: 8/10

Everytime: 9/10

Breathin’: 6/10

No Tears Left To Cry: 7/10

Borderline: 6/10

Better Off: 7/10

Goodnight N Go: 9/10

Pete Davidson: 6/10

Get Well Soon: 9/10

Overall: 79/100

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

Rank from best to worst.

1. Breathin (this song and the second are interchangeable for number one tbh I cant really decide)

2. Every Time

3. No Tears Left To Cry

4. Better Off

5. Sweetner

6. Raindrops

7. Good Night and Go

8. Rem

9. Sucessful

10. The Light

11. Get Well Soon

12 Pete Davidson

13.God is a Woman

14. Borderline

15. Blaze

My friends and I just listened to it and we all agreed that it's a good album that is VERY cohesive, but nothing really stands out (no tea, no shade).My favs are R.E.M, Sweetener, everytime, better off, God is a woman, goodnight n go, and breathin.

Sweetener (the track) literally shook the hell out of me and I wasn't expecting it to snap off like that! No Tears Left to Cry had more impact WITH the album as a whole, I literally got chills when it played. Everytime and Better Off were literally too real for me, and I loved everything about them. Goodnight n Go was a really cute song and the production was good. It took the second listen for me to really appreciate Breathin, and R.E.M had been one of my favorites since the snippets/demo leaked. My only complaint is that some of the songs could have been shorter, I found myself waiting for a song to end, but then a chorus would come back in and it would lead to yet ANOTHER verse. Get Well Soon was really good but it was very long and felt dragged out. 

I feel like nothing will ever top Dangerous Woman though. 

SizzlingThornyIndigobunting-size_restric

Half of this album I love, part of it feels mediocre and the rest is trash. I feel like there are too many songs that sound way too similar and basic with that repetitive trap instrumental and I guess that's what's to be expected from a pop album in 2018. All the songs that pharrel didn't produce turned out amazing lol, and I think some of his tracks turned out good too like get well soon (not sure why y'all don't like that one) and REM. I'm so mad that goodnight n go turned out the way it did, it could've been the sweetest r&b track but they had to make it trash with that annoying repetitive trap influenced instrumental..

Best non single tracks imo:

1. Breathin

2. Get Well Soon

3. R.E.M

4. Everytime

The rest of the non singles I don't like very much but there are some songs I think i need to hear more to form a proper opinion (borderline, successful, sweetener, and blazing)

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

I lowkey don't care for Breathin it sounds like Jealous by Nick Jonas lmao. Borderline, R.E.M, Everytime, and Better Off are great though. Successful is really fun too. I really like this album tbh. I would rate it above DW if DW didn't have Thinking Bout You 

sgopYhV.gif

best to worst is

1. breathin

2. everytime

3. better off

4. god is a woman

5. the light is coming

6. no tears left the cry

7. goodnight n go

the other ones

album pretty shit to be honest LOL those r the only good songs

Gotta give credit to Pharrell for being one of the most reliable and consistent producers out there. Literally everything he touches turns to shit. 

I really was expecting more, TBH. No Tears and God Is A Woman were perfect single choices, they're the obvious standout tracks. Breathin' and Everytime are amazing too.

Oh well, I guess I'll just take the non-Pharrell songs and run. :runs:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

The thing with Pharell songs is they'd be amazing Forever Boy/Knew Better type of songs, the ones that you really forget about until you listen in the car and realize are actually your favorites.

The problem is this production is trying to make them gems by force and it didn't work out at all

+ It honestly lacks a power ballad like Touch It

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif