Baby V Alex

Ariana Grande

Wow, I love it! Can't believe she recorded such an amazing album in such a short time. Let me just tack NTLTC, GIAW, and Breathin' at the end of Thank U, Next and pretend that Sweetener never happened.

wow don't forget everytime, better off and get well soon 

Wow, I love it! Can't believe she recorded such an amazing album in such a short time. Let me just tack NTLTC, GIAW, and Breathin' at the end of Thank U, Next and pretend that Sweetener never happened.

Omfg twins I was just about to do that too!! GIAW, NTLTC and Breathin' fit perfectly into the album. They deserved to be on this one :sadcore:

wow don't forget everytime, better off and get well soon

I think those can all stay on Sweetener :awkney:

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

what the fuck this album literally puts sweetener in THE GROUND. to be fair that isn't hard to do BUT STILL i dont think i disliked a single song from the first listen

She really didn't had no mercy did she.

n2ofaxt.gif

8nl2OpX.png

im literally sweetener's number one hater and i have to say TU,N is good so far, few songs are okay and the rest are bangerz, she might have snapped

tumblr_inline_mxrd75iM7k1rdm7zw.gif

imagine - This song is almost perfect. Actually no, let's just say it's perfect. The trap beats blend into some of the more traditional pop sounds (the piano and the strings during the buildup, etc) in a really beautiful way. This album has a really unique sound to it and I think imagine is a good entry point for listeners. obligatory remark about her immediately-iconic whistle tones [10/10]

needy - I really like the piano that sounds kind of like a music box. It's really vintage sounding and cute. Lyrically, this is the song I relate to the most. ((Ariana and I are both cancers, and I think this song is definitely about our horoscope sign.)) This song doesn't really build anywhere, but it's just really sincere in a way that makes me tear up a lil' bit. [9/10]

NASA - Cute!! This song is so cute. I feel like she used a lot of spacey images during Sweetener era, so the space analogy makes me think this was a Sweetener B Side? ((Honestly lots of tracks here sound like they could have been re-purposed from Sweetener)) Most of the tracks on TUN have a dreamy quality about them that this track doesn't really have. I still like it a lot tho! [8/10]

bloodline - Is this the first time Ari has experimented with latin pop influences? Probably not, but this is the most latin pop-inspired track she has ever released, and she pulls it off. It's cute how much she loves her Nonna lol. Her lyrics are so weird, but that's par for the course rly. I'm glad she is experimenting with some different sounds, but I think she should let other pop girlies do the heavy lifting with latin-inspired bops. [7/10]

fake smile - She has skits/samples before a lot of tracks on this album--kind of like a mixtape. Just an observation. I like how the sample comes back a little later in the song. The melody to this is SO pretty, and the lyrics are personal to her. I like this track a lot because there's not too much rapping like there is on some other tracks. I love hearing her voice! [8/10]

bad idea - Hearing this guitar with this trap beat is really unique. I feel like this tack is just a little too repetitive for my tastes. The random musical interlude 75% into the track makes zero sense to me, personally. This is one the longest tracks on the album, and it's not really a good look. Maybe it will grow on me more. [6/10]

make up - Clock the Fenty shout out!!! A one-album-a-year queen recognizing another! I love the vintage-sounding music boxy sounds in the background. It's really femme and pristine--exactly how a song called "make up" should sound. This song is really cute. [8/10]

ghostin - This song is really spacey and dreamy. I feel like I'm in a snowglobe and Ariana Grande is just singing a really sad, personal song to me or something. The melody is kind of weak, but her voice sounds really good! The only track with no rapping or trap influences? The buildup at the end is nice, I guess. [7/10]

in my head - Kind of a chill song. Is it about Pete? idk. There's nothing really special about this song compared to the rest of the album, but I still enjoy it. [7/10]

7 rings - I remember when this came out and everyone on pop music forums hated it. But I immediately loved it! I love The Sound of Music. I had a feeling she wanted to start rapping more, and her enunciation on this track really isn't as bad as everyone says it is. This song deserved to go number 1. [9/10]

thank u next - Perfect pop song, next. [11/10]

break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored - Another song with a really dreamy atmosphere. Excited to see the video!! The hook is kind of weird, but I just really like the beat. The lyrics seem a little out-of-character for her. She sounds good during both the rapping and singing portions. She is one of the rare stars that can both rap+sing really well imo. I love the NSYNC sample!!! I used to listen to that album so much on my first CD player. And that sample is so appropriate. Genius. [8/10]