TrailerParkDarling

Fiona Apple

for the longest time i was wondering what 'For Her' reminds me of and it just hit me it reminds me of the beginning of 'All for You' by Janet Jackson sdjfh that's so random but istg the resemblance is there

qfrWuBl.png

i've just been getting into Fiona lately. it's been a slow burn, because there's just so much to appreciate, and, well, I want to appreciate it properly. she's a genius.

anyways.

https://www.interviewmagazine.com/music/fiona-apple-1

i just wanted to share this interview of hers because i randomly came across it and she happens to mention lana and it feels serendipitous so maybe someone else would like to read it

uh

yeah

this post is so chaotic and im literally sober so i cant blame it on drugs or alcohol smh

44 minutes ago, trailerparkdream said:

Hiiii I've never listened to Fiona but i want to!!

What are a few songs I should start with?

some of my favorite songs of hers are: criminal, shadowboxer, newspaper, for her, every single night, i want you to love me 

honestly her entire discography is untouchable, there are hardly any misses

1 hour ago, trailerparkdream said:

Hiiii I've never listened to Fiona but i want to!!

What are a few songs I should start with?

Well, her first album is the most easy-to-listen-one. Criminal, Shadow Boxer and Sleep To Dream are pretty catchy.

Other songs that are probably good gateway-tracks may be Shameika, Every Single Night, TYMPS,  Limp and On The Bound.

However, I would recommend to just go through her discography in chronological order. "Tidal" - "When The Pawn ..." - "Extraordinary Machine" - "The Idler Wheel ..." - "Fetch The Bolt Cutters". I think this way you can really flow with her artistic process and the development of her sound, from smoother tracks to a more experimental approach.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

18 hours ago, LanasRightCheekFiller said:

some of my favorite songs of hers are: criminal, shadowboxer, newspaper, for her, every single night, i want you to love me 

honestly her entire discography is untouchable, there are hardly any misses

thank you!!

17 hours ago, Thunder Corpse said:

Well, her first album is the most easy-to-listen-one. Criminal, Shadow Boxer and Sleep To Dream are pretty catchy.

Other songs that are probably good gateway-tracks may be Shameika, Every Single Night, TYMPS,  Limp and On The Bound.

However, I would recommend to just go through her discography in chronological order. "Tidal" - "When The Pawn ..." - "Extraordinary Machine" - "The Idler Wheel ..." - "Fetch The Bolt Cutters". I think this way you can really flow with her artistic process and the development of her sound, from smoother tracks to a more experimental approach.

thank you!  I'm excited. I'll let you guys know what I think lol

5 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

are there any unreleased/demos in general and specifically from fetch the Bolt cutters

Beyond unreleased versions of released songs (like the entire jon brion version of the Extraordinary Machine album) I don't think she has an unreleased music backlog at all :poordat:

9 minutes ago, 400lux said:

Beyond unreleased versions of released songs (like the entire jon brion version of the Extraordinary Machine album) I don't think she has an unreleased music backlog at all :poordat:

it seems i start liking her music and ye that actually upsets me! but im still on my way to listen to her albums after the latest one, so excited about the idler wheel...

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y