TrailerParkDarling

Fiona Apple

I hope a new album will come soon since she is performing at Ohana Fest this year! 

Btw I will never not be obsessed with this 

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

OMG I did not know there is a thread for her on here!

I really love her stuff, especially her lyrics. My favourite albums are Extraordinary Machine and When The Pawn, both of them are almost flawless.

I also really loved the fact she collabed with Andrew Bird, he's incredibly talented and their duet was so on point!

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I'm so excited to get my copy of Tidal on vinyl  :defeated:

WHAT???????????? I've looked everywhere for that where did you find one????

TjmiIK4.png

WHAT???????????? I've looked everywhere for that where did you find one????

You have to join Vinyl Me Please to get one, it's an exclusive. If you want a $10 off code to join PM me! I think you'll still get it if you sign up before the 15th.

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

Fiona Apple is a beautiful legend. Hey shes vegan too ! I got into her because of her cover of Sallys Song when I was a little gothic antisocial 14 year old but I still love her.

I never got into her original music but now I am inspired too, cause lately I have a soft spot for jazz and even made a cd of all lanas jazzy songs

Also I love her cover of Pure Imagination

Bringing this thread back but just want to clarify ***no updates*** on new music, so sorry if I got your hopes up  :(

I grew up listening to Fiona and I've always adored both her and her music. I love all 4 of her records and they're all so different from each other. I think my opinion is pretty unpopular, but Extraordinary Machine is my favorite. One of my favorite albums of all time, actually. And even more unpopular, I actually much prefer the finalized released version of the album than Jon Brion's version. Don't get me wrong, he did a great job on the songs and I enjoy listening to those demos from time to time, but I just love the direction Fiona took the album in when she started working with Mike and Brian. I truly think it's a masterpiece, and it's a timeless record that has never grown old for me.

I wanna hear y'alls favorites from each album! It's so hard to pick because all her songs are so great, but I'll list mine.

Tidal: Never Is a Promise, Sleep to Dream, Shadowboxer

When the Pawn: A Mistake, Fast as You Can, Limp

Extraordinary Machine: O'Sailor, Waltz, Not About Love

The Idler Wheel: Every Single Night, Anything We Want, Largo

I also wanna say that recently she appears to be much more healthy and I think she's doing a lot better mentally than she was a few years back, and that makes me sooo happy  :flutter:  In her recent fan Q&A she stated she was indeed working on a new album but it wasn't finished and she didn't give any time estimate, so I think it's safe to assume it'll probably be a while. But that's just Fiona lol. There's always huge gaps in her discography, but it's okay because it's worth the wait. She never fails to amaze me. <3

does anyone have the original Jon Brion version of Extraordinary Machines?

Quality is all over the place on files i'm finding 

I know you asked this like 2 years ago but did you ever find it/do you still want it? Lmao I have a pretty decent copy. If anyone would like it just PM me and I'll upload! :)

TjmiIK4.png

I grew up listening to Fiona and I've always adored both her and her music. I love all 4 of her records and they're all so different from each other. I think my opinion is pretty unpopular, but Extraordinary Machine is my favorite. One of my favorite albums of all time, actually. And even more unpopular, I actually much prefer the finalized released version of the album than Jon Brion's version. Don't get me wrong, he did a great job on the songs and I enjoy listening to those demos from time to time, but I just love the direction Fiona too

I wanna hear y'alls favorites from each album! It's so hard to pick because all her songs are so great, but I'll list mine.

I also think EM is one of her best records. Probably my second-favourite after WTP.

Considering the favourite songs ...

Tidal - Slow Like Honey, The First Taste, Criminal

When The Pawn - Get Gone, The Way Things Are, On The Bound

Extraordinary Machine - Waltz, Tymps, O'Sailor

The Idler Wheel - Left Alone, Jonathan, Valentine

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Tidal: Never is a promise, The first taste (probably my favorite fioma song) and Sullen girl

When The Pawn: I know, Get gone, Fast as you can

Extraordinary Machine: Walts, Parting gift, O'sailor (I forgot this album i MUST listen to it sometime soon)

The Idler Wheel: Every single night, Daredevil (that seek me out part....yAs) and classic Hot knife

Tidal - Carrion, Never Is a Promise, Pale September, Sullen Girl

When the Pawn - Paper Bag, I Know, On the Bound

Extraordinary Machine - Oh Well, Parting Gift, Tymps

The Idler Wheel - Hot Knife, Daredevil, Valentine, Werewolf

Carrion is so beautiful and Oh Well was my favorite song at one point. I Know is amazing as well. She’s a genius.

Tidal - Slow Like Honey, The First Taste, Criminal

When The Pawn - Get Gone, The Way Things Are, On The Bound

Extraordinary Machine - Waltz, Tymps, O'Sailor

The Idler Wheel - Left Alone, Jonathan, Valentine

Tidal: Never is a promise, The first taste (probably my favorite fioma song) and Sullen girl

When The Pawn: I know, Get gone, Fast as you can

Extraordinary Machine: Walts, Parting gift, O'sailor (I forgot this album i MUST listen to it sometime soon)

The Idler Wheel: Every single night, Daredevil (that seek me out part....yAs) and classic Hot knife

Tidal - Carrion, Never Is a Promise, Pale September, Sullen Girl

When the Pawn - Paper Bag, I Know, On the Bound

Extraordinary Machine - Oh Well, Parting Gift, Tymps

The Idler Wheel - Hot Knife, Daredevil, Valentine, Werewolf

TASTE!!!!!!!!!!  :gclap: We love a good group of woke Fiona fans, yas.

TjmiIK4.png

does anyone have the original Jon Brion version of Extraordinary Machines?

Quality is all over the place on files i'm finding 

Is it that the leaked version? If so, I have it in the original 192kpbs files!

edit: this is so old omg i didnt even notice, but if u still need it i have it 

Fiona Apple is a beautiful legend. Hey shes vegan too ! I got into her because of her cover of Sallys Song when I was a little gothic antisocial 14 year old but I still love her.

I never got into her original music but now I am inspired too, cause lately I have a soft spot for jazz and even made a cd of all lanas jazzy songs

Also I love her cover of Pure Imagination

So sorry to quote after a year but songs were on it if you remember?

Also, I love Fiona !!!!! When The Pawn…is my fave album!

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

My top 3 from each album:

Tidal: Sleep to Dream, Sullen Girl and Criminal.

When the Pawn: On the Bound, Love Ridden and The Way Things Are.

Extraordinary Machine: O' Sailor, Oh Well and Red Red Red.

The Idler Wheel: Valentine, Werewolf and Regret.

If you care about animals, please watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5hGQDLprA8