cartoon eyes

LEAST Favorite Lana Songs?

Yep, version 2

It's the particular combination of vocals and instrumentals in the chorus of HIAR that kills it for me. They're both too high; one of them needs to take it lower so I can freakin' relax my shoulders.

oh i just didn't know what "hit it and run" was, its just version 2 on my computer 

tumblr_mnu5unziQx1qztgoio1_500.gif

Yep, version 2

It's the particular combination of vocals and instrumentals in the chorus of HIAR that kills it for me. They're both too high; one of them needs to take it lower so I can freakin' relax my shoulders.

Ah I think I know which one you mean, I don't like that one either  :D

tumblr_n746y8etXI1qa35sao1_500.gif

Sirens: All You Need, Junky Pride

AKA: Oh Say Can You See, Mermaid Motel

BTD: Million Dollar Man, Lucky Ones, Carmen, Dark Paradise
Paradise: Yayo, Blue Velvet, American
Unreleased: Live Or Die, Dum Dum, Gangsta Boy, JFK, Dynamite, Damn You, Hollywood's Dead

Demos & Alternates: Carmen (Demo), Diet Mountain Dew (Demo 3), Lolita (Demo 3), Without You (Demo 1), Put Me In A Movie (Demo 2), Yayo (Demo 1), Hit It & Run, Dum Dum (Demos 1 and 2), Trash Sugar Magic

So that's like, a good fifth of her discography. :toofunny:

But yeah, "least favorite" is pretty relative. It's more like these are the songs I need to warm up to whenever I listen to them -- which is rather seldom, so I guess  ... :P

rihKQ8M.gif

Everyone knows the song I hate.

FUCKING

RADIO

Ugh I can't stand it.

I'll add a list of songs I dislike, but don't hate later :lanahairflip:

@! :O

I am going to pick some songs that I really dislike instead of picking ones that I simply ignore (like some from Sirens). :toofunny:

"She's Not Me" (can't stand it), "Noir" (stop screaming at me), "Diet Mountain Dew" (I've grown to dislike the final version because of the way they screwed up the demo) and "Dark Paradise" (I'd rather listen to "I got the ice, you got the fire").

Sirens: All You Need, Junky Pride

AKA: Oh Say Can You See, Mermaid Motel

BTD: Million Dollar Man, Lucky Ones, Carmen, Dark Paradise

Paradise: Yayo, Blue Velvet, American

Unreleased:Live Or Die, Dum Dum, Gangsta Boy, JFK, Dynamite, Damn You, Hollywood's Dead

Demos & Alternates: Carmen (Demo), Diet Mountain Dew (Demo 3), Lolita (Demo 3), Without You (Demo 1), Put Me In A Movie (Demo 2), Yayo (Demo 1), Hit It & Run, Dum Dum (Demos 1 and 2), Trash Sugar Magic

So that's like, a good fifth of her discography. :toofunny:

But yeah, "least favorite" is pretty relative. It's more like these are the songs I need to warm up to whenever I listen to them -- which is rather seldom, so I guess ... :P

LEAVE THE FUCKING SITE asskmdfmjsdnunadksmismhguamksmsnyfwmjxmdufnufnecuntkeaimwsimemineudfmkfnuasmifdmignfrij

I like some songs more than others, but the ONLY one I actively dislike and skip every single time I listen to the album is Bel Air.

Pretty sure I never listened to that song more than a handful of times.

Oh, I'm also not a huge fan of the most recent batch of songs, Black Beauty, AFFA, etc. (all kinda Bel Air-ish imo). If her new album sounds mostly like that,  that might become a slight problem for me. :eek:

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

I'm really interested in hearing why people dislike Lucky Ones so much. Do you like the demo better?  Or do you dislike the whole song? Even the epic "it feels like falling in the LOVE for the first time" ? How can you dislike that??? :sadcore3: Not judging though, just VERY curious. 

I absolutely can't with Radio and Million Dollar Man on BTD. It's like they squeezed all life out of the production on Radio, compared to the demo which is flawless. And poor Lanas voice on MDM. I mean we have all heard how she owns it live, so why they would make her voice sound like a robot is beyond me.

For K Part 2 has failed to grow on me unlike most AKA tracks. The melody is just so dull and the raspy thing she does with her voice is annoying :hdu:  :hdu:

I'm really interested in hearing why people dislike Lucky Ones so much. Do you like the demo better?  Or do you dislike the whole song? Even the epic "it feels like falling in the LOVE for the first time" ? How can you dislike that??? :sadcore3: Not judging though, just VERY curious. 

It sounds like a Taylor Swift song. Also her voice in there is so much like the sterotypical American voice, and the melody is ugh. :horror:

Prom song (gone wrong) kind of has the same "American cliché" feeling too but it actually grew on me and I love the fact that it's about her teacher and stuff, makes the song much better tbh. :creepna:

It becomes sweet and kind of dark at the same time and I understand the fact that it sounds stereotypical because she probably was very young writing it. 

This is what makes us girls is cringeworthy, too ... The rythm is good though and it's very cinematic, she manages to transform usual lives (come on, teenagers do a lot that kind of thing it's not that uncommon :tsk: ) into an almost epic story.

SCARFACE2371.png

It's the production for me; it's so drab. The demo makes the song a whole lot more intense, and conveys the story in a much more Lana kind of way thus, I think. :smile:

TBH, most of my dislikes aren't even that bad -- like I listen to Sirens religiously, but I had to be fair and pick out at least two I don't love as much as the rest of it. Junky Pride is simply kind of dull to me -- and I relate so hard to All You Need that it makes me cry, and that's really damn annoying when you're on the train and it comes on shuffle, and you're sitting there like "fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck" lmfao :toofunny:

EDIT: AND I REALLYREALLYREALLY LIKE TRASH SUGAR MAGIC IN REALITY BUT JUST AS "THE MAN I LOVE" SMH <////3

rihKQ8M.gif