LEAST Favorite Lana Songs?

released:

- bpbp

- dark paradise (released)

- put me in a movie

- lolita (released)

- mermaid motel (released)

- million dollar man

Revisiting this and I still argee with this except I'd remove Mermaid Motel and add OTTR which I've heard FAR too many times and believe is wildly overhyped

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

Delicious 

Baby Blue Love

Catch and release

Noir

Scarface

I got bored of Ride and Gods & Monsters. Not sure why. I still play them. I rarely get the urge to listen to Bel Air. 

Lust For Life is the only song on LFL that I don't adore as much as the rest of the album. It's beautiful and all, but I can't really get into The Weekend. 

:sluttybunny:🌧️

Lucky Ones (I prefer the demo of it)

Burning Desire (I prefer the live vocals)

Freak (it went from being my favorite to least liked track on Honeymoon; the production and bad lyricism killed it for me eventually)

Burnt Norton (meh, but I get why she did it)

Swan Song (a lot of people like this song, but it still doesn't do much for me. sometimes I get into it... most of the time, I skip it)

Lust for Life (her worst title track - mainly bc of the bad lyrics imo)

In My Feelings (the lyrics {"I'm cryin' while runnin' on my treadmill" doesn't have that same power as Cola's intro for me}, the sprinkler effect trap beats, the fact that it's about G-Eazy when he's trash and irrelevant in the first place... I love the vocals and the verses tho)

Coachella (what I consider her worst released song; the lyrics are cringe, the production does NOT suit the song... it really had a lot of potential)

BPBP (they should have rerecorded the vocals, it wasn't Stevie's or Lana's best; I love the lyrics but at this point I understood why people said they were getting tired of Lana's "muffled" sound effect which was definitely overused on LFL)

As far as unreleased go... there's a good number and some are fan favorites so I'll keep quiet about that...

Honestly, Elizabeth, Lizzie, May, Lana etc. has never released a bad song so it would make this an impossible question. There are none.

This is the difference between Lana and any other singer in history. There is NO filler.

Elton had filler, Pet Shop Boys filler, Beatles filler, Beach Boys filler, Roy Orbison had some clunkers, etc. Lana has never had any. All the cuts count positive.

I do think Coachella will be my #1 favorite song of 2017 and perhaps Tommorrow Never Came #2.

(Yes, I know this wasn't the answer to a question asked on this thread).

this is an old post but... wtf

this is an old post but... wtf

this is a new post- And it almost still holds, except in 2018, my favorite song would be MacArthur Park (oops, I mean Mariners Apartment Complex (MAC) and

Venice Bitch, which together are amazingly Jimmy Webb (songwriters Hall of Fame, and Elton John/Bernie Taupin Leonard Cohen and Paul Simon  100 out of 100 perfect.

(though it took two (Elton & Bernie to equal ONE Lana Del Rey (I give Jack and Dan A. zero out of zero credit).After all as Dan A. said- it is 100% Lana after all.)

Not to mention, this is now the sixth OPERA, yes OPERA Lana Del Rey is giving us

Born to Die

Paradise  

Ultraviolence

Honeymoon

Lust For Life

Norman Fucking Rockwell (who was racist, misogynist and lived in  a time where today 90% of the demographics were not happy with what went down in the 1950s).

(note for posterity- prior to Lana Del Rey, my three favorite songs of all time were

MacArthur Park, The Boxer and Elton's Someone saved my life tonight / The One and Pet Shop Being Boring.

One thing Lana Del Rey has never been, in each and every song is Boring, not in life, not in stage, etc.

(and a pox on anyone who thinks Lana Del Rey doesn't create OPERAS because in the definition of OPERA, it 100% applies as there is story, all moved forward

by songs with music). One doesn't have to be a screamer to be either Opera or Rock.  (and the Song Honeymoon is indeed Stairway to Heaven just as powerful

and just as vital

and "I'm crying by running on the treadmill" is a powerful one has to really listen to hear the meaning of it

running in place (aka life itself going about ones life, while in pain(possibly) or having heard bad news and remaining to fight while others cry in their beer and give up

(becoming suicidal or something).

The last two and the new are about staying and fighting and no longer running away.

(and if one using a Born to Die analogy, the videos of MARINERS APARTMENT COMPLEX & VENICE BEACH are now showing Lana herself (as opposed to the clips) with a wink/nod back.

You know, it is almost like John Lewis' Elton John Christmas Message for Apple.(which is having a big back & forth all over the world on its meaning.

(All I know is, every time I watch it (and having been an Elton fan since near the start of his career), is it brings tears of joy, fun (and seasons in the sun) both happy and sad

(to realize that 50 years have now past and Elton is the age he is, and one day(hopefully not too soon) won't be here anymore.

Where have you gone Lana Del Rey, a nation turns its lonely eyes to you. (nowhere, Lana is right here and will always be right here

leading, not following.)

Why in the world would one be negative?

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

In My Feelings: I like the idea behind this song but I feel like Lizzy Grant would have done it better...

Coachella: It's just an ugly song with good intentions.

BPBP: Stevie sounds like Spongebob and the demo is a million times better.

White Mustang: This song is okay live but the album version is so boring.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

I really dislike Blue Velvet. It’s so damn boring.

Lucky Ones (I prefer the demo of it)

Burning Desire (I prefer the live vocals)

Freak (it went from being my favorite to least liked track on Honeymoon; the production and bad lyricism killed it for me eventually)

Burnt Norton (meh, but I get why she did it)

Swan Song (a lot of people like this song, but it still doesn't do much for me. sometimes I get into it... most of the time, I skip it)

Lust for Life (her worst title track - mainly bc of the bad lyrics imo)

In My Feelings (the lyrics {"I'm cryin' while runnin' on my treadmill" doesn't have that same power as Cola's intro for me}, the sprinkler effect trap beats, the fact that it's about G-Eazy when he's trash and irrelevant in the first place... I love the vocals and the verses tho)

Coachella (what I consider her worst released song; the lyrics are cringe, the production does NOT suit the song... it really had a lot of potential)

BPBP (they should have rerecorded the vocals, it wasn't Stevie's or Lana's best; I love the lyrics but at this point I understood why people said they were getting tired of Lana's "muffled" sound effect which was definitely overused on LFL)

As far as unreleased go... there's a good number and some are fan favorites so I'll keep quiet about that...

No, spill sis

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

I really dislike Blue Velvet. It’s so damn boring.

No, spill sis

Hmm... off the top of my head...

Your Girl - I actually hate this song.

Angels Forever, Forever Angels - a lot of people love this one, but I think it's okay. I'm glad she left it off Paradise because it's too close in subject matter with Ride and I think the EP would've been too repetitive.

Noir - this should've never gotten leaked. lol

And then songs that I thought were nice, but didn't age well for me...

JFK - it's ok

Prom Song (Gone Wrong) - it's so cute, but not her best. I listen to it less and less as I get older.

Starry Eyed - it's ok

TV in Black & White - catchy, but I get she didn't release it

Queen of Disaster - the "Ladies and Gentlemen, for the very first time-!" part is sooooooooooo cringe. It's not my fave like it is for others, but it's a bop though. I'll give it that.

I'ma do by album.

Born to Die: Lolita (the PRODUCTION IS LOUD AND GRATING, my LEAST favorite Lana song)

Paradise: Cola (it's not bad tho)

Ultraviolence: Guns and Roses (otherwise, every track and bonus track is impeccable)

Honeymoon: 24 (it's the only song on there I always skip...)

Lust for Life: Beautiful People Beautiful Problems (I don't necessarily hate it, but I never, ever, ever listen to it)

I guess overall my least favorites are "24", "Guns and Roses", and then "Lolita".

Not a big fan of so many unreleased songs. Many sound too "demo-ish" to my taste, or are not as poilished or refined as many of the BTD songs. For example, I don'T get why so many got all excited when Hey You leaked this summer: it's bland bubblegum pop. The best unreleased songs from her are the ones she did after BTD: the Lana persona was defined and the esthetics were established, and they sound good most of the time. 

In her released ones, I am not a big fan of Carmen. Not that it's a bad song, but it's the only one from her that has not clicked with me, that didn't resonate at some point in my life ( I don't care about a hoe that everybody loves even though she is on a selfdestruct spiral; if she's happy, I don't fucking care). True, Art Deco talks about the same thing (a party girl going down), but the production of Art Deco is so perfect, I can't help but love it anyway, even if it's miles away from my life. 

HEROIN

Pretty When You Cry

The Other Woman

Im always on the fence with Summer Bummer

Wolf

White Mustang

In My Feelings

Also on the fence with Blue Jeans and Lucky Ones

Yayo

Stargirl Interlude

I have a strange relationship with the album Honeymoon. (Still LOVE her though)

negAbhB.png