cartoon eyes

LEAST Favorite Lana Songs?

I'm really interested in hearing why people dislike Lucky Ones so much. Do you like the demo better?  Or do you dislike the whole song? Even the epic "it feels like falling in the LOVE for the first time" ? How can you dislike that??? :sadcore3: Not judging though, just VERY curious. 

I absolutely can't with Radio and Million Dollar Man on BTD. It's like they squeezed all life out of the production on Radio, compared to the demo which is flawless. And poor Lanas voice on MDM. I mean we have all heard how she owns it live, so why they would make her voice sound like a robot is beyond me.

For K Part 2 has failed to grow on me unlike most AKA tracks. The melody is just so dull and the raspy thing she does with her voice is annoying :hdu:  :hdu:

You mean how she's completely off-key and changes timbres in the middle of a line?  :usrs:

Million Dollar Man is my fave and I can't ever decide between studio or demo...

As for dislikes... I haven't heard enough of her unreleased to judge. But!

Gods & Monsters is so disappointing. Like it starts out super ominous and foreboding and then it's like she lost track of where the melody should go. What a waste of my time. Listening to that song makes me actively angry because it could have been great  :defeated: .

I used to hate Radio and Without You, but now I can jam to them.

Oh Say Can You See is incredibly boring and Brite Lites is embarrassing. What kind of a chorus is that?!

You mean how she's completely off-key and changes timbres in the middle of a line?  :usrs:

:icant2:

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

It sounds like a Taylor Swift song. Also her voice in there is so much like the sterotypical American voice, and the melody is ugh. :horror:

Prom song (gone wrong) kind of has the same "American cliché" feeling too but it actually grew on me and I love the fact that it's about her teacher and stuff, makes the song much better tbh. :creepna:

It becomes sweet and kind of dark at the same time and I understand the fact that it sounds stereotypical because she probably was very young writing it. 

This is what makes us girls is cringeworthy, too ... The rythm is good though and it's very cinematic, she manages to transform usual lives (come on, teenagers do a lot that kind of thing it's not that uncommon :tsk: ) into an almost epic story.

I get where you're coming from, but to me the appeal is exactly that saccharine feel. Most of her songs have some tragic/dark themes to them, so hearing Lucky Ones is like finally getting a sweet ending after hardships and trials *the drama*.

I absolutely love TIWMUG too, to me the beat and melody is perfect.

When I hear a Lana song for the first time I find the lyrics cringeworthy 9/10 times but somehow I always remember the words and the phrases start popping up in my head when I'm just going about my daily life. Her songwriting might not be the most intelligent but it's catchy, epic (as you said) and feels true. Not in a sense of being realistic but familiar. It must be all the clichés she uses :flutter:

It's the production for me; it's so drab. The demo makes the song a whole lot more intense, and conveys the story in a much more Lana kind of way thus, I think. :smile:

TBH, most of my dislikes aren't even that bad -- like I listen to Sirens religiously, but I had to be fair and pick out at least two I don't love as much as the rest of it. Junky Pride is simply kind of dull to me -- and I relate so hard to All You Need that it makes me cry, and that's really damn annoying when you're on the train and it comes on shuffle, and you're sitting there like "fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck" lmfao :toofunny:

EDIT: AND I REALLYREALLYREALLY LIKE TRASH SUGAR MAGIC IN REALITY BUT JUST AS "THE MAN I LOVE" SMH <////3

Fair enough. It's actually kind of a dillemma with the demos, because on one hand you get two songs in one but on the other hand it's kind of frustrating when you like the demo better and realize what album could have been.

Gods & Monsters is so disappointing. Like it starts out super ominous and foreboding and then it's like she lost track of where the melody should go. What a waste of my time. Listening to that song makes me actively angry because it could have been great  :defeated: .

Oh Say Can You See is incredibly boring and Brite Lites is embarrassing. What kind of a chorus is that?!

She changes her timbre, she screams and yells, she's too much and out of control and that's what makes it so perfect. Sure there are songs where a deadpan voice makes sense, but MDM is not one of them I think. It needs to be intense and on the edge for it not become wannabe-jazz background music imo. But different folks and all that:)

hahah truuuuee! G&M is a fav of mine, I can see why some dislike it though

hahah truuuuee! G&M is a fav of mine, I can see why some dislike it though

I'm actually starting to like it a lot more now. You can like anything if you hear it enough times. And there are a few lyrical gems in there...  "like a groupie incognito posing as a real singer."

There is not really a song I hate because I like Lana's songs a lot.

I've played it many times but "Gods & Monsters" still sounds weird to me but I don't hate it and I don't skip it.

I don't count the leaked ones because most of them aren't finished songs.