Hello Heaven

The K-Pop Thread

i used to be a H U G E kpoppie back in late junior high early high school but ever since it's taken off in the west there's been a huge quality drop and i just can't really get into new stuff anymore

even my ride or die group loona flopped with & (although hula hoop and starseed made up for that)

but yeah my stan list is:

• boa (my ult bias)
  • loona (my ult group)
  • red velvet
  • twice
  • f(x)
  • snsd
  • ladies code
  • wonder girls
  • shinee
  • iu
  • yukika

there's others i like ok but those are my main group

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

11 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i used to be a H U G E kpoppie back in late junior high early high school but ever since it's taken off in the west there's been a huge quality drop and i just can't really get into new stuff anymore

Same, I was really into k-pop when I was like (13?) 14-20, but then my interest just dropped once I learned more about the industry, and especially when 2NE1 got disbanded in such an ugly way. And then even more when Bigbang’s Seungri got into a horrible scandal and eventually sent to prison. And the amount of groups and idols being presented to the market every year... it’s just too much to keep up with, at least for me.

I’m glad it’s become more popular the past few years, because everyone thought I was crazy for listening to k-pop (and j-pop) and there truly are some talented artists out there that deserves more recognition. But the way youngsters stan these days is a bit different from when I was into k-pop, and it’s just so obsessive at times lol. Maybe I’m just older and over it all. Not even BlackPink interests me much anymore.

On 11/15/2021 at 6:34 PM, Whore of Tropico said:

I'm so confused that we still don't have a CL thread yet.

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen one, though it’s barely updated. Her Alpha album is great! I wish I could find a store to order the vinyl. (I can get the CDs from Fnac France if I manage to get a summer job to earn some money.)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

1 hour ago, the ocean said:

of definitely, especially with the huge groups like blackpink and bts. i think rv has also kinda fallen off. their releases arent utter crap, but they're just underwhelming. bad boy was the last cb that really wowed me. even my ult bias (now ex) group, seventeen, has kinda gotten boring musically lately as well.

• boa
  • loona
  • twice
  • f(x)
  • shinee (for me, mostly taemin)

i also stan these groups/people!! it was so great to see boa in step back, even if the lyrics are shite :defeated: she slayed

i love stayc though, i really think they're gonna be the next big thing. their production is so clean and the girls themselves are talented. i've also finally gotten into twice despite being a kpop fan since late 2014. i've really fallen in love with them (peep the icon). taste of love and formula of love were my fave eps & albums of 2021. im so sad they're apparently not as big as they once were.

6 minutes ago, knives said:

of definitely, especially with the huge groups like blackpink and bts. i think rv has also kinda fallen off. their releases arent utter crap, but they're just underwhelming. bad boy was the last cb that really wowed me. even my ult bias (now ex) group, seventeen, has kinda gotten boring musically lately as well.

i also stan these groups/people!! it was so great to see boa in step back, even if the lyrics are shite :defeated: she slayed

i love stayc though, i really think they're gonna be the next big thing. their production is so clean and the girls themselves are talented. i've also finally gotten into twice despite being a kpop fan since late 2014. i've really fallen in love with them (peep the icon). taste of love and formula of love were my fave eps & albums of 2021. im so sad they're apparently not as big as they once were.

gonna be honest a lot of kpop's best releases lately have been the japanese ones which is odd cause usually the japanese releases are bad (unless you're boa or snsd in which case they've always been good)

perfect world might be the best thing twice has ever made :defeated:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

newjeans song is good but it immediately creeped me out that the maknae is my little sister's age... that girl JUST turned 14 and does not need a full time job especially as an idol

+ controversy over maknaes' ages has been a thing lately (ive, class:y etc) so i looked at some rookie groups today and the youngest boys are 17-20. the girls are 14-15.. im worried for them