Hello Heaven

The K-Pop Thread

honestly i feel like k-pop has been on a fairly steady decline - less that the music has gotten worse but more because companies are just not managing the groups very well whether they're not getting paid, misorganizing their group activities or in worst case scenarios mistreating them

and even the groups that generally look stable have a very legitimate possibility of crumbling within the next few years - nmixx is already collapsing after 2 releases vs twice & itzy in the same company lasting longer (although itzy is starting to show signs of crumbling as well)

the only groups/people that i see continuing to release fairly steadily are 3rd gen and before - taeyeon, boa & iu are going strong, some older groups are coming back (snsd, kara, exid) even if it's for anniversary releases, red velvet & twice are looking fairly stable, and blackpink have always been mismanaged so seeing them not get worse is reassuring

still though it's not looking great and compared to previous years 2021 & 2022 have been relatively dry in terms of groups i've started to follow

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

On 12/9/2022 at 2:06 PM, knives said:

totally agree with all of this

Yes agree! Companies these days believe that the second the group debuts they have to get a huge following otherwise the are a flop in the companies eyes and disband

UtrMWJM.jpg

~Mon amour,  je sais que tu m'aimes aussi ~

le sserafim and newjeans are definitely the biggest monster rookies their promotion and marketing team is doing great and the music is bopping idk!!!! 

Spoiler

:ma:

image04.gif?v=7de1b8f7

1 hour ago, heavensentslut said:

le sserafim and newjeans are definitely the biggest monster rookies their promotion and marketing team is doing great and the music is bopping idk!!!! 

Reveal hidden contents

:ma:

i need to give new jeans another release before i can definitively stan but the bops are definitely bopping 

after antifragile & after like came out i pretty much instantly stanned them (and i already liked iz*one but i don’t check out rookies that often unless i’ve heard great things or if they’re pounded down my throat)

10 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i need to give new jeans another release before i can definitively stan but the bops are definitely bopping 

after antifragile & after like came out i pretty much instantly stanned them (and i already liked iz*one but i don’t check out rookies that often unless i’ve heard great things or if they’re pounded down my throat)

i cant stand ive and kep1er so generic and terrible earworms

image04.gif?v=7de1b8f7

24 minutes ago, heavensentslut said:

i cant stand ive and kep1er so generic and terrible earworms

i don’t like kep1er either but something about ive just appeals to me idk

they’re definitely NOT my favorite though definitely prefer le sserafim by a nautical mile

i also don’t really listen to a lot of 4th gen in general mostly just stuff 2nd & 3rd release (and like the 2 1st gen artists that still release regularly)

newjeans need a tiny desk so BAADDDDD like all of their songs are so much better live and tiny desk always brings out something special 

image04.gif?v=7de1b8f7

kpop will never have another f(x) simply perfect SME you WILL be dealt with 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrBY6iHbablcaw1Jhl42G

image04.gif?v=7de1b8f7