Hello Heaven

The K-Pop Thread

I haven't kept up with radio pop culture/charts in quite a while, so while finally glancing at it all today after so long, I noticed a BTS song in the top charts for Canada (as well as a few other foreign language songs), omg. This makes me so happy... not necessary because it's BTS, but also because damn, diversity is really knocking on everyone's doors out here, and god it just makes me so happy I could cry. Love it. Love all the "weird" artists, foreign languages and cultures, just all the differences that bring together all the similarities in humanity in terms of world-wide acceptance and a shared love for music, even if we don't "understand" it all. Especially during these polarizing and divisive times, I'm just so glad that music exists. A language we can all dance to :ohno:

Looking forward to Gfriend's "album" Walpugis Night coming in the next 2 weeks. GFriend is one of the few whose entire discography I love. All their lead singles are strong and every release EP/album has been enjoyable. For now I'm still on their last EP Song Of The Sirens, which I think is one of their best (favorite of mine besides Time For The Moon Night and The Awakening) and has a variety in genres sampled. Tracks 2, 3, AND 4 are the groups signature anime-esque cinematic sound, the lead Apple is a dancepop song would fit right in with mainstream western/anglo music, Creme Brulee is a cutesy bop with some trap influence, Northern Stairs is laid back with guitar/pop-rock. 

:sluttybunny:🌧️

7 minutes ago, KeybladeMeister said:

so glad shes making more music like this again!! lifted was kind of a miss with me. hello bitches was more my style :w8ing:

Was stuck in a depressive state all day and what finally broke it was Playing with Fire by Blackpink :ohno: I'm basically high off endorphins and adrenaline rn but, damn, god blessss these lil angels for existing. They actually cheered me up at the end of a very blue day ♡

in the last weeks we received LOONA, TWICE and GFRIEND comebacks and they're all AMAZING

not only the title but the albums overral. Eyes wide open and 12:00 are contenders for some of the best albums in kpop this year

of course, TWICE not only released the SOTY in kpop but also the SOTY in jpop

2 hours ago, naachoboy said:

the song is not my thing but i am for sure interested in seeing what they release in the future!! also a little sad at the fact that im older than all of them

2 hours ago, KeybladeMeister said:

CL delayed her album til 'Early 2021.'

My hype has now died...

jm1mlyF.jpeg

we've been waiting long enough :crying5: