Hello Heaven

The K-Pop Thread

the first thing I thought of while listening to Lana's God Bless America, the gun shots on the song idk but it reminded me of this lol

tumblr_oj9kpilgnd1uh7ri8o2_250.gif

tumblr_onl7kjm7SV1rr0bkio3_250.gif

DIA, THE NEW NATIONS GIRL GROUP, I NEED A NEW WEAVE

SUPPORT THEIR COMEBACK IN AUGUST 22

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

MY ULTRA BOP ATM

PfYhgA2.jpg?1PfYhgA2.jpg?1PfYhgA2.jpg?1

This thread is dead but this is a SONG and the music video is amazing! I didn't know Sunmi had this kind of charisma she looked kinda bored promoting her past solos and with wg

But aside from the fact this song is a bop, the title is a brilliant play on words. I think it's basically a homonym depending on the context.

Gashina typically means "girl" but isn't really used as much today (hence, the old school Korean references in the MV) and if you break it up it can mean "thorns are sprouting" or "are you leaving?"

Gashi = thorns

na = appearing

Ga = going

si na = Basically the equivalent of "are you _____" in a sentence

She uses all three meanings in the song/MV. The song is written from the perspective of a "gashina"/her

Chorus:

wae yeppeun nal dugo gashina

Why are you leaving someone pretty like me behind?

Verses:

gashi nan nae moseubi

My thorns will..

Go AWF queen of lyrics/linguistics! :legend:

This thread is dead but this is a SONG and the music video is amazing! I didn't know Sunmi had this kind of charisma she looked kinda bored promoting her past solos and with wg

But aside from the fact this song is a bop, the title is a brilliant play on words. I think it's basically a homonym depending on the context.
Gashina typically means "girl" but isn't really used as much today (hence, the old school Korean references in the MV) and if you break it up it can mean "thorns are sprouting" or "are you leaving?"

Gashi = thorns
na = appearing

Ga = going
si na = Basically the equivalent of "are you _____" in a sentence

She uses all three meanings in the song/MV. The song is written from the perspective of a "gashina"/her

Chorus:
wae yeppeun nal dugo gashina
Why are you leaving someone pretty like me behind?

Verses:
gashi nan nae moseubi
My thorns will..

Go AWF queen of lyrics/linguistics! :legend:

i don't know anything about korean but that's really nice wow

awesome song too

8bed6302093afb3474710b83255143a8.gif

It was announced today that Tiffany, Sooyoung and Seohyun from SNSD/Girls' Generation did not re-new their contract with SM Entertainment and will no longer be members of the girl group. The rest of the girls will stay and keep the group together. So there is no disbandment.

Tifanny wants to study in the US while Sooyoung and Seohyun want to try acting.

Sources:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/k-town/7990482/girls-generation-seohyun-sooyoung-tiffany-leave-label

https://www.soompi.com/2017/10/09/girls-generations-sooyoung-seohyun-tiffany-reportedly-leaving-sm-entertainment/

I feel like it's only a matter of time before it will be like 2NE1's sitation again... can't really see how 5 members will continue performing songs of originally 9 girls...

I-Got-A-Boy.jpg

I don't know how you're feeling, SNSD were my first k-pop group to like but I don't really care about them anymore... They are however one of the biggest, if not the biggest, k-pop acts of all time and I was surprised to find this out while having my breakfast. I haven't gotten any news about them for many years really (I think I might have missed a few comebacks really) so I don't know if things were bad within the group or if SM Ent. just handled things badly (like all k-pop agencies), but yeah... I was surprised.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

when the fu*k will blackpink get a comeback they literally are the most talented and prettiest girl group right now I'm mad

I’m honestly surprised that they still don’t have a full album yet. :/

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Off topic but wow, congrats to BTS. Not really a fan but the amount of attention they're getting in the US is crazy.

I haven't heard a single BTS song but the interest in the west this year has been crazy - congrats to them!

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png