Sign in to follow this  
Sitar

Lana Del Rey Covers Nylon Magazine's November Issue

severe overanalysis alert:

even after nearly 2 years of hardcore obsession i'm still only certain about one thing; she's always going to contradict herself. i don't even think its intentional anymore? i just think she's crazy. or that she has no 'fixed personality', which, by the way, is sometime that apparently afflicted marilyn monroe as well. i think a lot of people theorized that she was a bit of a borderline personality? it would explain the darker sides of her temperament. the drugs, the depression, etc. so i dunno, it makes sense that lana would feel a connection to her. they're both beautiful and insecure and sought / seek out men for protection (~daddy figures). i honestly think the only things guiding her are her vague intuitions and/or emotions which are often ~inspired by what she finds to be 'beautiful'. so it makes her seem shallow, because theres such a strong attention to surface. which she probably is? but isn't? i dunno. i go back and forth on everything. and i go back and forth with her, especially

like, how do you reconcile the girl that wrote pawn shop blues with the girl that probably smokes just because it 'looks' cool? i think she's definitely very intelligent and intuitive, but again, that maybe she doesn't have a strong sense of identity. how else do you remain a constant 'enigma'? if there's not a strong personality to know or anchor you down, then that image / understanding you have of that person / yourself can always be shifting. i think the only constant with her is that she likes anything ~dark, ~sexy, and ~cool, and that she idolizes / idealizes those traits and ends up incorporating them into her music and her persona

i think maybe thats why she seems ~deep sometimes. because she's got a "chameleon soul, no fixed personality, etc". the less you understand yourself, the more you try and the more you think and the more you question yourself and whats really true? so it makes sense to think that she's been able to get a ~deep understanding of herself, because she's always thinking about herself and she's always writing songs about herself! so maybe when it comes to herself, and the commonalities that she shares with all people as a whole, she might actually be ~deep

but when it comes to anything else outside of herself -- she really only has a shallow understanding of it? so she has the capability of being a ~deep thinker, but she isn't, really, in a complete sense? in the external world, she seems to only pay attention to beautiful things. but i don't know if thats really her fault? she's obviously very sensitive to aesthetics and detail, so i guess it makes sense that she appreciates beauty more so than the majority of people? i dunno. i think you can argue about this conflict between depth and superficiality in regards to A LOT of artists, because aesthetics and art are kind of inseparable. a lot of the greatest artists have probably worried about being frauds at one point or another in their careers, because ~art is inherently abstract. a lot of artistic ability comes form intuition and you can't necessarily trust something that comes out of nowhere? one thing i've come to understand about people that are ~artistic is that they're almost always very sensitive, both visually and emotionally. i guess it makes sense, because if you're able to see such minuscule little details in objects, colors, textures, etc, you can probably also detect that level of detail in your emotional state, and others too? maybe all artists are crazy, in some way or another. both shallow and ~deep? because an affinity for beauty is shallow but the attention to emotion is ~deep? and having an acute awareness of both is kind of like being pulled by two extremes? i dunno. maybe thats why creatives are stereotypically depressive

marry me  :flutter: your mind is so great

tumblr_n746y8etXI1qa35sao1_500.gif

still think Lana is an ISFP and not an INFP. She's an intuitive person, but she lacks intuition as a cognitive process. There's a difference between the two imo. 

yea definitely, i agree that theres a difference. but i dunno, i feel like she's got a naturally abstractive mindset? the vague lyrics w/ the occasional double meaning, the atmospheric visuals, etc. i mean, being able to create such a symbiotic video that literally causes another person to stop breathing seems like kind of a large, comprehensive process that can only be explained by intuition, in my mind? i don't mean to shit on sensors, but i honestly associate wide imaginations with natural intuitions. i think of ISFP artists as the ones that paint really beautiful pictures of like, trees and farm animals while INFP artists are the type to draw melting clocks and triangular tits or something. its not just your standard "women's intuition", its like an abstract understanding of what "fits" with what you're trying to say, or what you're trying to evoke? i dunno. i'm always wrong, so who knows. i'm sad that we'll never know the truth 

marry me  :flutter: your mind is so great

omg you're gonna make me cry 

:deadbanana:  :deadbanana:  :deadbanana:

tbh i hate my mind its not very nice to me  

ZRBNill.jpg

yea definitely, theres a difference. but i dunno, i feel like she's got a naturally abstractive mindset? the vague lyrics w/ the occasional double meaning, the atmospheric visuals, etc. i mean, being able to create such a symbiotic video that literally causes another person to stop breathing seems like kind of a large, comprehensive process that can only be explained by intuition, in my mind? its not just intuition, its like an abstract understanding of what fits, and what evokes? i dunno. i'm always wrong, so who knows. i'm sad that we'll never know the truth 

i dunno, again, i think none of those things can be solely attributed to using intuition as a cognitive process, and i think it just comes from being... intuitive. i'm just repeating myself at this point. oop @ me :creep:

to put it bluntly, i think you have a very limited view of how intelligent, compelling, and however contradictory this may seem, abstract  a "sensor" can be. there was this post you wrote up in the MBTI thread that had the most obvious intuitive-bias, which you might want to watch...

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

this doesn't really belong here, but i thought you would find it interesting (if you haven't already seen it) 

its a 130 page psychological case study on kurt cobain i found a while back when i was reading about him / MBTI / personality theory, etc. i think it says he's INFP in there somewhere. maybe i should have posted it in the MBTI thread but i think its interesting that you (?), lana, and kurt are INFP (or at least presumed to be) and that we all subconsciously / consciously connect / obsess over people that are in ways similar to us, at the core, and that we do it without even realizing that we *are* similar, but just because we appreciate what they create. like also, for instance, stanley kubrick is theorized to be INTJ/INTP (@@evilentity). i don't think these are coincidences? 

like i think a large part of why lana says she fell in love with kurt was because he was ~beautiful but a part of me thinks (or at least hopes) that there was more to it than that? not necessarily a rational thought or anything, but some really basic emotional connection? she said she identified with his sadness, or whatever. i hope theres some actual truth to that 

tbh i feel like lana and gaga should be / would be friends if they weren't like, rivals lmao 

yeah i've thought about that & i was surprised when you said that lana was an infp because i've never really identified with her and i don't think we're very similar. tbh, i don't think we'd get along too well if we ever met. like we could talk and hang out but i doubt we'd make good friends. i have, in a way, identified with kurt in the past. not because of the things that have happened in our lives but more the way we react to things, our thought processes etc. i've read his biography and watched documentaries (i recommend "kurt cobain: about a son" btw. it's beautiful. it's footage of the places he lived set to audio of him talking about his life and music that he liked, it's amazing and a lot more insightful than other documentaries because it's actually him talking about himself) and i was rly surprised by how similar our personalities were. 

yeah, i hate how shallow she sounds when she talks about the people she loves. she just says they're beautiful and they struck her visually it just seems kind of sad to me that she doesn't seem to know much about them. it's something i really dislike about her.

btw, i've also read that jim morrison was an infp which i think is pretty weird because he's so different from both me and kurt so either he's been mistyped by a lot of people on the internet or he was just some different kind of infp.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

The thing that contradicts my observation is her Ride Or Die relation with Barrie. I guess Barrie is a really cool and understanding person.

Her seemingly very normal and healthy relationship with Barrie - as opposed to all the danger, darkness and obsession she seems to be fascinated with in all the men / relationships she mentions in her songs - is one of the things that makes me wonder how much of her public personality is actually her and makes me doubt a lot of her 'bad girl' backstory. I often get the feeling that she uses these artistic personas she's always created one way or another as a safe way to experiment and live (in her mind & via song) all these dark and dangerous fantasies that fascinate her without actually having to live them and deal with the less glamorous sides of it. I don't know if this makes any sense.

(Btw, this has nothing to do with the authenticity debate - which I personally think is complete bullshit.)

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

i dunno, again, i think none of those things can be solely attributed to using intuition as a cognitive process, and i think it just comes from being... intuitive. i'm just repeating myself at this point. oop @ me :creep:

to put it bluntly, i think you have a very limited view of how intelligent, compelling, and however contradictory this may seem, abstract  a "sensor" can be. there was this post you wrote up in the MBTI thread that had the most obvious intuitive-bias, which you might want to watch...

i totally have an intuitive bias, its horrible, i know! literally all of my close friends have been intuitives (information that came to me after i'd already been friends with them for years) and it just seems to me like most sensors that i know (i.e both of my parents, certain coworkers, etc) have always regarded me as being somewhat alien to them? so theres a sense of bitterness attribute to that personality 'type' but also tbh i just haven't read as much about them. i need to broaden my understanding of what it means to be a sensor, i guess, because my perspective is admittedly narrow. but only because from what i've read and what i've been exposed to, their perceptions of the world are (and seem to be) naturally narrowed / constrained by their senses? i mean, i don't doubt that they have the ability to think abstractly, only that those types of thoughts would come naturally to them and that they'd think in that manner without some kind of external catalyst? 

ZRBNill.jpg

i totally have an intuitive bias, its horrible, i know! literally all of my close friends have been intuitives (information that came to me after i'd already been friends with them for years) and it just seems to me like most sensors that i know (i.e both of my parents, certain coworkers, etc) have always regarded me as being somewhat alien to them? so theres a sense of bitterness attribute to that personality 'type' but also tbh i just haven't read into much about them. i need to broaden my understanding of what it means to be a sensor, i guess, because my perspective is admittedly narrow. but only because from what i've read and what i've been exposed to, their perceptions of the world are narrowed / constrained by their senses 

generally speaking, i think that's only really true of SJs, not so much of SPs! anyway, happy typing, don't mind me!

*slinks away*

:creep:

btw, i've also read that jim morrison was an infp which i think is pretty weird because he's so different from both me and kurt so either he's been mistyped by a lot of people on the internet or he was just some different kind of infp.

i dunno, knowing that someone is INFP is kind of weird in that it means a lot, but at the same time, it doesn't mean much? i mean, you can have totally different personalities but still share some really basic personal values that you might not immediately recognize in the other person? like, this is what it says is true of INFPs:

creative, smart, idealist, loner, attracted to sad things, disorganized, avoidant, can be overwhelmed by unpleasant feelings, prone to quitting, prone to feelings of loneliness, ambivalent of the rules, solitary, daydreams about people to maintain a sense of closeness, focus on fantasies, acts without planning, low self confidence, emotionally moody, can feel defective, prone to lateness, likes esoteric things, wounded at the core, feels shame, frequently losing things, prone to sadness, prone to dreaming about a rescuer, disorderly, observer, easily distracted, does not like crowds, can act without thinking, private, can feel uncomfortable around others, familiar with the darkside, hermit, more likely to support marijuana legalization, can sabotage self, likes the rain, sometimes can't control fearful thoughts, prone to crying, prone to regret, attracted to the counter culture, can be submissive, prone to feeling discouraged, frequently second guesses self, not punctual, not always prepared, can feel victimized, prone to confusion, prone to irresponsibility, can be pessimistic

but you can be creative, smart, disorganized, moody, solitary, etc without being even remotely similar in terms of your outward personality. but you'd still be likely to have more commonalities with another INFP than an ESFP: 

outgoing, social, group oriented, dislikes science fiction, does not like to be alone, feels at ease around others, conventional, talkative, modest, does not like to be alone, good at getting people to have fun, values relationships and family over intellectual pursuits, open, likes to dance, spontaneous, underachieving, at times unprepared, emotional, values organized religion, suggestible, at times easy to impress, not analytical, disorganized, prone to crying, likes to be center of attention, happy, trusts others, can be influenced more by others than self, can be touchy feely, feels the emotions of others, likes teamwork, guided by moods

i think INFP is what many people consider to be an "artistic temperament"; moody, creative, independent, etc. like the other famous INFPs i can think of are fiona apple, jeff mangum, ian curtis, morrissey, thom yorke, david lynch, andy warhol etc. you throw all of those people (that are still living) into a room with a bunch of NFL players and theres likely to be a divide, ya know? but i doubt they all share similar personalities, just similar characteristics  

ZRBNill.jpg

I think in Morrison's case it's also pretty difficult to know how much of his apparent personality was drug-fuelled since he was pretty much high on something 24/7...

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

*slinks back*

Don't you find that similarminds "profiles" tend to be so one-note? The individual types are multifaceted, and it seems like in an effort to be concise, they're actually losing accuracy and are stereotypical instead.

I think in Morrison's case it's also pretty difficult to know how much of his apparent personality was drug-fuelled since he was pretty much high on something 24/7...

true, i've thought about it. kurt & jim also did different drugs, grew up differently, lived differently etc. so maybe that has something to do with it. jim always came across as this free-spirited hippie beat poet and kurt was pretty much the opposite.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

*slinks back*

Don't you find that similarminds "profiles" tend to be so one-note? The individual types are multifaceted, and it seems like in an effort to be concise, they're actually losing accuracy and are stereotypical instead.

yea i mean with only single words or single phrases you can only be so accurate, but i think they're still somewhat useful in applying a bit of a baseline? i wouldn't refer it to someone that had just taken the test for themselves but i still find myself going back those descriptions every now and then because some of them are so exacting and true in my case. its a basic list, not exhaustive by any means but still somewhat of an MBTI cheat sheet i suppose

:slayty:

ZRBNill.jpg

could the talk about crediting and what ever else move to or start a new thread, its really annoying. thanks 

I totally agree with my old man. The talk about crediting is so boring...

Lana, show your tits ! Move your ass ! Do something !