keanefar

What Songs Grew On You?

HMU for that rhyming title am I right? :yesnod:

N E Way I was wondering what songs ya guys used to hate that grew on you from Lana (particularly her albums), which you maybe didn't like upon the first few listens?

For me:

Sirens:

- Hated like all of it LBR, but I like about half of it now

AKA:

- Oh Say Can You See

- For K Part 2

(they're my 3rd and 4th favourite from AKA now  :oic: )

Born To Die:

- Off To The Races

- Carmen

- Million Dollar Man

(I still hate Carmen :oic: )

Annnnd I didn't like the Paradise Yayo but I just needed to learn to love it ya feel me, because I loved the original and all.

What songs grew on you?

Don't let this be a #flop-thread

Plz :icant:

Oops if this thread was made before

O ya and I don't feel like talking about unreleased sry

Well mostly there are songs that were underwhelming at first that are now my favorites, i.e. Break My Fall

And for some reason I didn't get the genius of Mermaid Motel on first listen :wtf2:

And I used to snore through Find My Own Way but now it is obviously the best track on Sirens

:brows3:

Radio :eek:

Everyone knew I used to HATE that song, but things change :whatever:

Also hated Behind Closed Doors when it leaked, but it’s catchy enough that it’s starting to grow on me as well.

I used to always skip You're Gonna Love Me, but now I can actually listen to it.. I kind of like it now :smile2:

I'm also really starting to like Kill Kill.. it's that unexpected kind of beautiful :bliss:

I always saw Backfire as just average until recently, and now it’s one of my favourites.

I remember when I was first getting into Lana, I didn't like Yayo AKA.. but now it's my favourite song of all time  :lel:

I guess I have to dislike a song to like it or something.

:whatever:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Cola and Gods & Monsters, definitely. Actually I love all Paradise now but I wasn't too excited at first. Oh and Television Heaven is among my dearest favourites right now but when it first leaked I didn't 'get' it for a few weeks and preferred Hawaiian Tropic/Daytona Meth over it (such good leaks all at once though, not surprised my brain was confused). 

I think some songs like Every Man Gets His Wish grew on me after reading something a lanaboardian said about them that made them x100 times better. And Raised Me Up just climbed my Top 10 or something over night, for no reason. Same with Elvis. Listened to them for a year, noticed I love them suddenly. 

tumblr_n746y8etXI1qa35sao1_500.gif

Find My Own way definitely, i used to skip it now its my fav from Sirens

Brite Lites, while i still think its lyrics are shitty.. it sounds so iconic :cryney:

Noir, i hated this song and i thought it was utter shit, but lanaboards showed me teh lite and now i see that its actually full of raw emotion :lel:

I used to really not like Pride, but kept accidentally clicking on it and playing it.

After a while I fell in love with it and now I adore it.

Also, her music in general. The first song I heard by her was Born To Die, but at first It was weird but I kept going back to the music video because she looked so damn beautiful in the vid. And after the fifth listen I sort of got into it and then just had to get everything else from her :troll:

Video Games, at the beginning I found it not enjoyable at all but now I like it.

Blue Velvet, it was just disturbing to me so song... But now I love it and don't skip it anymore when listening to Paradise.

Noir, I absolutely adore it and sometimes I think that maybe it is my favorite Lana song. But when I first discovered it I was like WTF, that sounds shitty >.<

And the wind I know it’s cold

Chet baker  :hoshet:  I never paid any attention to it, then one lonely night i sat and listened to it and fell in love LOL

Still knocks me off my feet

lH7Zs6V.gif      

And for some reason I didn't get the genius of Mermaid Motel on first listen :wtf2:

Moi Je Joue. It sounded really awkward for me in the beginning... A couple of listens later and...

:dorothy4:  :dorothy4:  :dorothy4:  :dorothy4:  :dorothy4:

Yeah, I had the same experiences with those too. It also took be a little while to look past some of the lyrics in "Cola" and "Dum Dum". "Television Heaven" and "TV in Black & White" were a little too poppy for my taste at first, but their beautiful, catchy melodies got me in the end.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Loads of songs have grown on me. If I initally hate a Lana song for any particular reason apart from it being boring (like Lucky Ones, which'll never grow on me), I'm almost guaranteed to love it later. For example, Noir, Velvet Crowbar.. the ones that really draw my attention in a negative way for sounding too emotional, maybe trippy (Yayo) are the ones that I end up loving and overplaying. 

I remember not liking Blue Jeans on first watch of the video  :deadbanana: what a c*nt# after I replayed it like 30 times I knew it was my fav song ever though 

I won't list young & beautiful because I still don't like it  :teehee:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey