keanefar

What Songs Grew On You?

TBH, pretty much the entire UV album the first few times I listened to it, West Coast being sort of the only exception. :pft:  Actually, I used to find most, if not all, of the not catchy (in my ear) Lana songs awfully dull back then but it became particularly obvious with UV when I played the CD as a whole in the car or something like that. I guess I did hate it at the time. Now, though, it's probably my favorite studio album of Lana. Probably, cause I haven't made up my mind about Lust for Life yet, it's just that I haven't listened to her newest stuff for a while (and I do realize that newest stuff isn't new anymore for anyone but me) and I need more time to figure it out.

And the wind I know it’s cold

I became a fan in 2013 and was not into Summertime Sadness at all until 2017 lmao.
I used to hate Born To Die, the song(it is one of my fav songs). When people were all hyped up about Lana in 2012. I thought I "hated" Lana... I remember I tried to listen to Born To Die and was like.. "How can people listen to this DEPRESSING SHIT? I know fore sure that I will never get her or get into her music.. it sucks". Buuut a year later I watched National Anthem on youtube. Then tried to listen to Btd again and... loved it. (that's how I became a fan)

(now I ADORE "depressing shit" btw.) 

omg also I remember listening to Cola for a minute or so, people were hyped about that song. I was like "eww, I will never be able to drink pepsi again. THANKS Lana" lmao

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

I WILL be jumped for this but Ride. I also disliked Tired of Singing the Blues since I thought it sounded like some other unreleased I hated even though I never listened to it but eventually I did and it's one of my faves

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

.......................................................................................................................................................................................art deco  :facepalm:  (arrrggggg.....)

Brite Lites and For K part. 2 (I will regret disliking this one for the rest of my life. Now it's one of those songs from Lana that makes me feel in love  :flutter: ).

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

I didn't like shades of cool, but now I like - not so much, but i don't dislike so 

my brain right before i have a Mood Swing™: *lana del rey voice* baby put on heart shaped sunglasses cause we gonna take a ride

Honeymoon.

The song felt overly slow, and self-indulgent when I first heard it.  In fact, the whole album of Honeymoon took me at least a year to realize it's one of her best albums.  Now i'd probably put it above Ultraviolence, at least production-wise.  I love the sounds on Honeymoon a lot more than the muddy-sounding Ultraviolence (other than West Coast, and the bonus tracks Florida Kilos, Black Beauty etc).  Side note - I'm generally a fan of Dan Auerbach's production, but I kinda think he's to blame for the muddy sound of most of Ultraviolence.  Would love to hear the original demos/album she had before Dan got involved.  I'm sure it had a cleaner sound, and maybe more hip hop beats.

26vMNDz.gif