keanefar

What Songs Grew On You?

American. I always found it to be a bit too treacly for my taste but it finally clicked for me just a couple of weeks ago. Can't get enough of it now.

i like my candy and your heroin

American. I always found it to be a bit too treacly for my taste but it finally clicked for me just a couple of weeks ago. Can't get enough of it now.

I love "American." "Ride" is one that I suddenly found myself listening to on repeat... kinda like I did with "American" at first, too. :)

Flipside!

Just heard this song for the first time the other day. I love it! Enough so that even though I already purchased Ultraviolence through iTunes, I bought it again from Target so I could legitimately own "Flipside." I guess that more than makes up for having obtained the radio mix version of "West Coast" without buying it...

Title.

I'll confess, from the sugary bops that Pop served in the early 2010's, Born to Die's title track made me feel all sluggish and I disliked the sound that this woman was making of her music. 

Interestingly enough, most of the album itself was easy to digest, and was a smooth listen. Without You, TIWMUG, and Blue Jeans were instant favorites too. 

I think it was around a year later that I added the song back into my library, and I loved it after having a kind of life growth after graduating from hs. Thinks progressed faster out of it, and although I was a bit apprehensive of what life would be like in college and everything, I was excited for it, and oddly excited for the song itself. It gave me a push, like a necessary urgency to live alongside life, not chasing it, but actually living. 

I love listening to BTD whenever I've got a lot on my mind, and it just helps me put things back into perspective. It's like a piece of home now.

tumblr_n01pcww6Ez1tnw0hko1_500.gif

How bout you? Do you have any songs that irritated you so well, that you now love, or at the very least, don't mind for?
How'd it all happen?

UV/Honeymoon

Summertime Sadness. It was the tragic time where the remix was all over radio and when I found the original I could NOT get into it for my life. Looking back years later and I fucking hate the remix but it was what introduced me to Lana Del Rey in the first place, thankful for that I guess.

There are so many other songs that I never hated but I just couldn't get into for a long time, not until just recently for some. For example I didn't care for Florida Kilos until a couple weeks ago. Million Dollar Man and Without You were the songs on BTD that I had a strong dislike for and felt ruined a near-perfect album until a couple weeks ago also, now I quite enjoy them both. I didn't like Yayo (either version) much either ( :hdu: ) until a couple months ago. 

Other than those in particular there aren't other noteworthy ones that I had the biggest change of opinion on. A lot of her album tracks just took me a handful of listens over a lengthy period of time to properly appreciate and now I regularly listen to them all.

te deseo, cariño

Gods And Monsters. When I started listening to Lana back in 2013 I downloaded Born To Die and Paradise and I don't know why Paradise had a terrible quality til the point many songs were cut, the version of Body Electric was the live performance from the iTunes Festival, Yayo was the AKA version and G&M had a terrible quality and listening to it even hurt, so I hated it. Eventually I gave it a chance when in June 2013 she said she would be making a music video for G&M and I went to YouTube and listened to the song and found out the Paradise album that I had downloaded was fucking trash.

Summertime Sadness. I really disliked it when I first heard it on the album and I didn't get into it until she released the music video I believe.

I also first really liked Born to Die and then quickly fell out of love with it and decided I didn't like it? I think this was the summer of 2012 when the God Bless America mixtape came out and everything on that was just so incredibly different from Born to Die (the song). High pitched signing, fast beats, a twangy sound that was not dark per say. I didn't get back into it until last year, and now it's one of my favorites. So literally 4 years of completely ignoring that song and now it's one of my favorites. Crazy.

Yayo (Paradise) which now happens to be my favorite Lana song of all time.

I thought for my age it sounded too mature, slow and dreary. I just couldn't really get into it. Then one day it came on shuffle so I decided to give it a chance. When I was listening to it fully, I noticed her breathtaking angelic vocals, the sweet twinkle of the piano and the cheeky yet honest lyrics Lana sang. It was like I had an awakening. I literally thought to myself "I can't believe all this time I never gave this a chance." I was kicking myself lol. Then I started listening to it again and again continuously.

This Is What Makes Us Girls

I feel like not many people here like it. I never used to. I thought it sounded pretentious, preppy and way too child-like. But the thing that drew me in to give this song another chance was the cute little melody in the very beginning of the song. It sounded like a melody I heard in old movies.

I decided to give it a chance. It was still a struggle to listen to and take seriously, but once you break through that barrier, you can notice all the good things about the song. The flawless production, how Lana's lyrics reminisce a youthful story, the beautiful string arrangements etc.

Now when I listen to it, I feel like I'm having fun in my own way. I think it's an underrated bop.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Sad Girl was a song I did not like when UV came out, mostly because the lyrics are pretty ... stripped back. But it really grew on me - the instrumental has this sort of gangster-movie-scene-in-a-dark-smokey-bar vibe and her vocals are on point. It's the only song she ever did that actually sounds sort of jazz-ish.

And for like three days I wasn't impressed with West Coast. I guess I just was a bit too much into her unreleased stuff at that time and hoped for something different. At first, I only really liked the German Radio Mix, but then the song started to "hypnotize" me and it became my favourite Lana track.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Summertime Sadness. I really disliked it when I first heard it on the album and I didn't get into it until she released the music video I believe.

I also first really liked Born to Die and then quickly fell out of love with it and decided I didn't like it? I think this was the summer of 2012 when the God Bless America mixtape came out and everything on that was just so incredibly different from Born to Die (the song). High pitched signing, fast beats, a twangy sound that was not dark per say. I didn't get back into it until last year, and now it's one of my favorites. So literally 4 years of completely ignoring that song and now it's one of my favorites. Crazy.

Hello gorgeous :flutter: