Sign in to follow this  
Hellish

Which songs do you think were intended for the new album?

Out of all of the (more recent) leaks, which songs do you think were intended for the next album?

We already know that Lana intended for "Black Beauty" to be on the album, but if you had to pick other ones, which would they be?

Maybe start the list like this...

1. Black Beauty

(Doesn't have to be 10, just a set number, you can go above or below!)

After finally being able to find and listen to all of Lana's leaked demos/music, this was just a thought that came to mind!

Black Beauty, Angels Forever, Starry Eyed & Hollywood. They all have the same style and they were all on Rick's site together. I'd like the new album to sound like this, it sounds like a natural progression from Born to Die and Paradise. I hope she doesn't put them on the record though and records new songs. I like these but having three out of probably 12/13 songs like half a year to a year before the release makes the new record a lot less exciting.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Black Beauty, Starry Eyed & Hollywood. They all have the same style and they were all on Rick's site together. I'd like the new album to sound like this, it sounds like a natural progression from Born to Die and Paradise. I hope she doesn't put them on the record though and records new songs. I like these but having three out of probably 12/13 songs like half a year to a year before the release makes the new record a lot less exciting.

I really really like "Hollywood" ....I almost get the "Born to die----> album name" feeling from that song.

I thought AFFA, JFK and I Don't Want to Go were also included in that list of potential songs

yeah i forgot about affa. i thought jfk was intended for paradise but i'm not sure. and i have i don't want to go as being from 2011

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Starry Eyed, JFK, Hollywood and Tonight, as far as we know, were for Paradise and probably wouldn't have been used.

tonight?

tonight?

Sorry, it's just what I call I Don't Wanna Go.

I Don't Wanna Go, Tonight, and Black Leather Moonlight were all on the file so technically we don't know what the title is. Evilentity explained where the names were found, but I don't remember where. :/

Old Money and Because of You were also recorded around the Paradise time, so they are most likely outtakes too (inb4 someone gets defensive about the term 'outtakes')

Just Angels Forever, Forever Angels and Black Beauty :pft:

Both of which I hope she uses, or at least BB because it supposedly really informs the sound of the album

Starry Eyed, JFK, Hollywood and Tonight, as far as we know, were for Paradise and probably wouldn't have been used.

What is this claim based on? Everybody keeps saying this as if it were fact, but as far as I know, there's no basis for saying this. Other than that these songs were uploaded to Rick's site along with the Y&B demo in December 2012 while "Black Beauty" and AFFA were uploaded in June 2013 and "I Don't Wanna Go"/"Tonight"/"Black Leather Moonlight" had been circulating since June 2012, there's no better reason to think they were Paradise outtakes than to think they were in possible consideration for her next album (two possibilities which are not mutually exclusive I might add). And neither of those facts really mean anything in my opinion. December 2012 is still after the release of Paradise, artists sometimes hold over songs for later albums, and all those tracks fit well enough descriptions she gave in interviews of the music she was working on for her next album. Unless you've got receipts, I just don't think we can conclude either way with any certainty. Which is why I warned against the leaking of any of these tracks, aside from the Y&B demo. That and the likelihood that it would lead to all the tracks leaking (which it did), including "Black Beauty" & AFFA, which I think we can say with a high degree of certainty were in consideration for her next album.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

What is this claim based on? Everybody keeps saying this as if it were fact, but as far as I know, there's no basis for saying this. Other than that these songs were uploaded to Rick's site along with the Y&B demo in December 2012 while "Black Beauty" and AFFA were uploaded in June 2013 and "I Don't Wanna Go"/"Tonight"/"Black Leather Moonlight" had been circulating since June 2012, there's no better reason to think they were Paradise outtakes than to think they were in possible consideration for her next album (two possibilities which are not mutually exclusive I might add). And neither of those facts really mean anything in my opinion. December 2012 is still after the release of Paradise, artists sometimes hold over songs for later albums, and all those tracks fit well enough descriptions she gave in interviews of the music she was working on for her next album. Unless you've got receipts, I just don't think we can conclude either way with any certainty. Which is why I warned against the leaking of any of these tracks, aside from the Y&B demo. That and the likelihood that it would lead to all the tracks leaking (which it did), including "Black Beauty" & AFFA, which I think we can say with a high degree of certainty were in consideration for her next album.

Allow me to quote:

(inb4 someone gets defensive about the term 'outtakes')

And

as far as we know

It's not something to get so... Defensive?... About. You would think the term 'outtake' was some unspoken word around here or something.... I implied several times it wasn't fact, though.

What does everyone think about Queen of Disaster , Playground, and Serial Killer? When were these leaked (post Paradise production? or before?)

Those songs are all from 2011. I have a feeling we won't see them on the new album  :D

1. BB

2. AFFA

--- Almost 100% certainty

3. JFK

4. Hollywood

5. Starry Eyed

6. Because Of You (Unleaked)

--- Were cut from Paradise but could still be used or reworked for the next album (to fit BB/AFFA sound but I doubt it Lana hardly ever uses outtakes again. Since Driving In Cars and YCBTB didn't make an appearance on Paradise.)

7. Black Leather Moonlight/I Don't Wanna Go/Tonight

--- Circulating for a long time so I doubt it will make an appearance.

1. Black Beauty Hollywood

2. Hollywood

3. Hollywood

4. Hollywood

5. Hollywood

6. Hollywood

7. Hollywood

8. Hollywood

9. Hollywood

10. Hollywood

#sorrynotsorry

:hottie:

EQFO7rX.png

It's not something to get so... Defensive?... About. You would think the term 'outtake' was some unspoken word around here or something.... I implied several times it wasn't fact, though.

It's not the word "outtake" I object to. It's the word "Paradise". Here's what you originally wrote:

Um, the thing is, as far as we know, we don't actually know either of those things. I don't see why I'm the bad guy for pointing that out and asking for some receipts to back that up. It's annoying how often bullshit assumptions and speculation with no basis gets repeated until it becomes accepted as fact in this fanbase. And I think I've laid out a pretty good case why that mattered in this instance beyond accuracy for accuracy's sake.

3. JFK

4. Hollywood

5. Starry Eyed

6. Because Of You (Unleaked)

--- Were cut from Paradise

Again, what is this based on? :uh:

tumblr_lrjhiofp841r3opg1o1_250.gif  tumblr_lrjhiofp841r3opg1o1_250.gif  tumblr_lrjhiofp841r3opg1o1_250.gif

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

From the time they were leaked ( and how), it's assumed that AFFA, Hollywood, JFK, Starry Eyed and Black Beauty were written for the new album. But we're only sure about BB since Lana had already mentioned the song before. But my guess is that Hollywood and JFK were maybe Paradise outtakes because lirically it doesn't even come close to what she described the new sound would be, Hollywood it's really 2011 Lana Del Rey ( that hollywood sound from Hollywood's dead and every man get his wish) and JFK had previously been mentioned at the time we didn't know the tracklist for Paradise.  

well to be honest I don't really care which leaked songs could've been for which album or which songs are going to be on the new abum... no matter what, the only song we can be sure about that it was meant for the new album is Black Beauty because she mentioned it in an interview

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx

It's not the word "outtake" I object to. It's the word "Paradise". Here's what you originally wrote:

Um, the thing is, as far as we know, we don't actually know either of those things. I don't see why I'm the bad guy for pointing that out and asking for some receipts to back that up. It's annoying how often bullshit assumptions and speculation with no basis gets repeated until it becomes accepted as fact in this fanbase. And I think I've laid out a pretty good case why that mattered in this instance beyond accuracy for accuracy's sake.

Again, what is this based on? :uh:tumblr_lrjhiofp841r3opg1o1_250.gif  tumblr_lrjhiofp841r3opg1o1_250.gif  tumblr_lrjhiofp841r3opg1o1_250.gif

Okay. Well you literally started off that one post with "I find the label "outtake" (as people are using it) very problematic and ill-defined."

Anyways, the same way you'd like to see my receipts I guess I'd like to see yours. If anything, you're talking way more "factual" then I am, so where's the basis for your clams?