Sign in to follow this  
Sitar

Lana Del Rey and Mac Miller to Executive Produce Daniel Johnston Film

Prolific songwriter/ artist Daniel Johnston has been one of indie music's most interesting stories for the last 20 years. The artist, who has been diagnosed with schizophrenia and manic depression, was the subject of the 2006 documentary The Devil and Daniel Johnston. Filmmaker Gabriel Sunday is currently using Kickstarter to fun another film about Johnston entitled Hi, How Are You: A Short Film Starring Daniel Johnston.

After hearing of the Kickstarter campaign, Mac Miller reached out to Gabriel on Twitter offering his help saying: "I would like to pay to have a portrait done. and am willing to help fund the movie… I got at least 15k for u and can help with score. Hit me." Shortly after the outreach from Mac, Gabriel confirmed that Mac helped fund the project, tweeting "@MacMiller just threw $10k @ our @HiHowAreYouFilm w love. He got Daniel's chord organ & Executive Producer cred. SOO excited. Awesome guy."

While it's not clear whether Mac Miller will be involved with helping score the film as he originally hoped, he did fund the above $10,000 package which includes an Executive Producer Credit along with Daniel's chord organ.

According to both Mac and Gabriel, Lana Del Rey will also be attached to the project as an Executive Producer.

Source: http://www.themaskedgorilla.com/mac-miller-and-lana-del-rey-to-executive-produce-daniel-johnston-film/

Additionally, Mac Miller tweeted this:

Euv3NC1.png

And the filmmaker tweeted this:

08JOltP.png

Unsure if Lana's role would even extend beyond funding it, but Daniel Johnston is great (@@Monicker @@Monicker @@Monicker return) so this is awesome for her to be involved with! As a little confirmation from her, she retweeted this tweet by the filmmaker.

More info about the film here: http://danieljohnstonfilm.com/

I think they're just funding and being credited as executive producers. It's a Kickstarter thing so I think that's how it's going to work.

kurt-cobain-hi-how-are-you-alien-tshirt.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I think they're just funding and being credited as executive producers. It's a Kickstarter thing so I think that's how it's going to work.

kurt-cobain-hi-how-are-you-alien-tshirt.

Mac thirsty to score it though lmao

As if they're gonna use anything other than Daniel Johnston's music. So I wouldn't expect any Lana gain from this y'all :aw:

True question is whether or not @@evilentity has any appropriate Facebook screencaps for the occasion...

Rolling Stone are promoting Lana's cover of 'Some Things Last A Long Time' today. (Bizarre that we've had the song for 2 - 4 years already, and even more bizarre is that RS are promoting a 4 year old article.)

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/hear-lana-del-reys-aching-daniel-johnston-cover-40495/?fbclid=IwAR2As2t1iUZ2xsQdIt1Se0UrE0z57gcbSxIqjNd0Bu4EZ-PLouVv12IQdCo

Rolling Stone are promoting Lana's cover of 'Some Things Last A Long Time' today. (Bizarre that we've had the song for 2 - 4 years already, and even more bizarre is that RS are promoting a 4 year old article.)

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/hear-lana-del-reys-aching-daniel-johnston-cover-40495/?fbclid=IwAR2As2t1iUZ2xsQdIt1Se0UrE0z57gcbSxIqjNd0Bu4EZ-PLouVv12IQdCo

He (Daniel Johnston) died that's why.

giphy.gif