lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

Can't wait for a new album cover.

I hope it'll be different to the 'center portrait, text top and bottom' style we're so accustomed to.

In terms of the tracklist, I don't think 'Ultraviolence' will be a title track. To me, it sounds more like a theme for the album rather than a song. Similar to how 'Paradise' didn't have a title track. I hope Black Beauty will still be on the album even though it leaked. I really love this version we have, but I will be open to change/improvement for the final album. I like the electronic demo-y sound but I think it would sound very beautiful if it were fully orchestrated like AFFA.

no thanks, not at all. I want ALL the LDR albums/EPs to be this way tbh it would be literally iconic and Lana's style. 

qqAZ3mU.png

Why do I have a bad feeling that Ultraviolence is not only a nod to A Clockwork Orange, but possibly a reference to her perception that she's been savaged by critics, had her privacy invaded by the media, her back catalog stolen by hackers, and current plans ruined by the leak of new material?

Well that would be a more unique concept to write about than love songs again and again,

Bring it, Lana! :creep:

Oh my fking god. I thought she would make stripped-down acoustic music and now she is coming to slaughter everyone´s throat. A Clockwork Orange inspired music video for the first single ?

tumblr_m0swjdxfwg1r3ytt5.gifFred-sanford-heart-attack-o.gifheart-attack-2-o.gif

It doesn't surprise me that she has chosen this title. It just reflects the last two years of her career. She used to say everything was nice and easy, but since VG came out everything has changed for better and, equally, worse. Ultraviolence is the perfect title, I'm looking forward to listening to her ultraviolent swing. ;)

And honestly, I think she puts out a new album so early on because of the terms of her contracts... Am I the only one?

Edited by IamThatGirlLily

up45I.gif

It doesn't surprise me that she has chosen this title. It just reflects the last two years of her career. She used to say everything was nice and easy, but since VG came out everything has changed for better and, equally, worse. Ultraviolent is the perfect title, I'm looking forward to listening to her ultraviolent swing. ;)

And honestly, I think she puts out a new album so early on because of the terms of her contracts... Am I the only one?

but it's called Ultraviolence not Ultraviolent  :candy:

qqAZ3mU.png

wait wHAT did i miss are they actually engaged and to whoever said shes pregnant thats some sort of sick joke right  :crai:

are we sure shes still going for the whole ~stripped back~ sound? i thought she mentioned that when black beauty was still to be the debut single. and at this rate i highly doubt she'll even put it on. so who knows fingers crossed for more uptempo songs a la ottr

tumblr_pinn5thM7y1y0ns5so1_400.gif

I hope the albums isnt JUST acoustic,  I hope its a mix of BTD/Paradise, whatever we heard is so epic, she should continue on the same path with the same producers, they just make magic1

and oh, I wouldn't mind Cola 2.0 !

Ultraviolence = noun, ultraviolent = adjective.

They mean the same thing.

but it doesn't matter that they mean the same thing when its a NAME. A Name can't be change even tho its the same meaning 

qqAZ3mU.png

but it doesn't matter that they mean the same thing when its a NAME. A Name can't be change even tho its the same meaning

Of course it can. For example, she can write an album called 'Opulence' and use the adjective 'opulent' in a song.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't read the original post you quoted. I thought you were talking about it being used in HDB.  :creep: