lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

This all seems a bit strange to me....a random guy claiming to write Lana's songs? I mean it could be possible, but idk...I'm just sceptical. :judgingu:

Just a thought but he only wanted to be credited for a song which is supposedly for her upcoming album, but he actually didn't ask for removing the song from Youtube. Of course this song has been online for quite a while but we all know that Lana doesn't like leaks and especially if it will be used for Ultraviolence I'm a bit surprised that they didn't take the vid down.

Anyway I'm actually not that much interessted in that guy as some of you seem to be and I hope he won't get over-confident because of his recently gained "fame" and leaks more than just a few quotes that might belong to a Lana song. I really don't want a déjà-vu-thingie of the leaking of Black Beauty, AFFA etc... :toofunny:

lana_takeitoff_notxb4uwe.gif

but i don't disbelieve him. his methods are a bit juvenile but lets not forget about the fact that he is young and likely to be less mature than more seasoned songwriters with more tact and half the narcissism 

I am majorly disbelieving due to his name's omission in the ASCAP entry. Why would they do that? And even more importantly: regardless of the age and obvious lack of discretion, how the hell come he shares exclusive information on a UMG project by approaching you out of the blue? I highly doubt he would be this loose with such information if he was seriously involved with them. Or at all. :creep:

this entire thing is incredibly strange, yes

but i don't disbelieve him. his methods are a bit juvenile but lets not forget about the fact that he is young and likely to be less mature than more seasoned songwriters with more tact and half the narcissism 

i don't really know how to approach this situation in terms of all the skepticism. i'm still chatting w/ him about random stuff, but i obviously don't want to sound accusatory in the slightest. i do want to bring up the jarrads thing though. i dunno what to say to get him talking about all the lyrical business

You believe him because you fancy him and want his d. Lets be honest here  :creepna2:

You believe him because you fancy him and want his d. Lets be honest here  :creepna2:

actually, i believe him because he seems intelligent and driven enough to have been accepted into a prestigious university, and because of all the lyrical tweets dating back to 2012

his looks actually hurt him in this case, just like they've hurt lana in the past 

I am majorly disbelieving due to his name's omission in the ASCAP entry. Why would they do that? And even more importantly: regardless of the age and obvious lack of discretion, how the hell come he shares exclusive information on a UMG project by approaching you out of the blue? I highly doubt he would be this loose with such information if he was seriously involved with them. Or at all. :creep:

i think its possible that his parts were cut or that his role has been downplayed by UMG but i don't doubt that he's worked with lana in bits, or at times 

ZRBNill.jpg

i think its possible that his parts were cut or that his role has been downplayed by UMG but i don't doubt that he's worked with lana in bits, or at times 

That might explain the ASCAP entry, yes. But I am just totally confused as to why a young songwriter with the immense opportunity of writing with/for a major act (which Lana is for Universal Music at the moment) would risk everything (I highly doubt UMG is particularly fond of song titles being announced...) because of indiscretion. I mean, he basically contacts a random fan on YouTube (not saying that you're random, really) and wants his writing contributions added. All right, a bit vain, but I'm going to let this one slide. However, randomly dropping information about a major release - now that's just... :toofunny: Sorry, but get a sense of professionalism. 

That might explain the ASCAP entry, yes. But I am just totally confused as to why a young songwriter with the immense opportunity of writing with/for a major act (which Lana is for Universal Music at the moment) would risk everything (I highly doubt UMG is particularly fond of song titles being announced...) because of indiscretion. I mean, he basically contacts a random fan on YouTube (not saying that you're random, really) and wants his writing contributions added. All right, a bit vain, but I'm going to let this one slide. However, randomly dropping information about a major release. Now that's just... :toofunny: Sorry, but get a sense of professionalism.

i agree. its totally unprofessional. he's obviously not a major player at UMG, otherwise he'd be a little more discreet and a lot less self promoting. but i'm still interested in the fact that he's gotten his foot in the door 

I mean if he wanted to namedrop himself he wouldn't have mentioned Alexander Stodden at all (who is also nowhere to be found?)

*googles* alexander stodden 

"Alex Stodden, 49 year old father of Courtney Stodden is seen taking his daughter shoe shopping on Hollywood Boulevard"

:thumb:

ZRBNill.jpg

i don't want to question him in a remotely hostile way (or have my questions perceived as such) because he can just block me on a whim 

should i just invite him over to this thread and have him clear the air himself? he's more likely to do so with an audience, no? 

ZRBNill.jpg

i don't want to question him in a remotely hostile way (or have my questions perceived as such) because he can just block me on a whim 

should i just invite him over to this thread and have him clear the air himself? he's more likely to do so with an audience, no?

He might get offended and creeped and etc.

i agree. its totally unprofessional. he's obviously not a major player at UMG, otherwise he'd be a little more discreet and a lot less self promoting. but i'm still interested in the fact that he's gotten his foot in the door

I am just assuming that he is (so) legit for a second. If the song is indeed intended for Ultraviolent as his message basically states, he must have signed a few things, or must have been informed about how to behave. Just look at what this message caused. We as a forum have been discussing this for multiple pages already and let's not even be so delusional to think that a very certain party of the record label pays attention to things like this. In no time at all, information will spread and it's going to be everywhere. We all know how thirsty we are for album details. I am not saying that the sudden confirmation of a song title will cause Universal to upset plans, but it will certainly make them doubt about their creative "staff." Of course there is talk, and there is a whole lot of talk between publishers and labels... if you think longterm: unless his work is so incredibly outstanding and marketable... who would want to hire him after this? 

He might get offended and creeped and etc.
Welcome to the music industry, I say.

Just ask him about his inspirations to write the lyrics and his work, who he would like to work with...you know, this type of question about his work to seem you are really interested about it and you're not just a weirdo fan of Lana that wants information about her, he's clearly proud of his work and wants to be recognized since his bragging about it on a yt video so I'm pretty sure he could give insights about the process that could clarify his role on her lyrics

Just ask him about his inspirations to write the lyrics and his work, who he would like to work with...you know, this type of question about his work to seem you are really interested about it and you're not just a weirdo fan of Lana that wants information about her, he's clearly proud of his work and wants to be recognized since his bragging about it on a yt video so I'm pretty sure he could give insights about the process that could clarify his role on her lyrics

Yeah, it would be interesting to hear about the process and specifics such as when it was written, where it was recorded, etc. But let's be honest: I think none of the songwriters and producers approached by a fan ever fully bought those lines of showing interest into their work. But I guess that's what you have to prepare for when climbing on those branches of the music tree.

She jokingly talked about the idea of releasing a collection of those songs entitled The Leaked Sessions in May. Who knows... maybe that idea did now turn into a collection called Ultraviolent since those songs have been ultraviolently stolen.  :hooker:

I'm obviously kidding.  :creep:

por que no los dos? tumblr_lzmw22NBeV1r1f1p5.gif

tumblr_n44ko1s3Pk1rkudelo1_400.gif

OH YES he's fucking hot !!  :come2:

...but...anybody could claim to write songs for Lana. I also post Lana's lyrics on instagram etc. and it would be no problem at all to tweet stuff like he does. Yeah maybe he's working as a songwriter but why should he tell the entire world which songs are going to be on Ultraviolence?? I don't think Lana would appreciate that after all these leaks. In my opinion he doesn't seem quite professional!  :whatever:

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx

Guest Dot

You know what, guys. How about we ask Edward to join LanaBoards. I'm pretty sure he would do it.

Ok, this was a mess. And with all he is stating, we can for sure say that Live or Die won't be on the album.

"It's in the pool" = won't make the cut.

I would have been more than suprised anyway. I can't see recycling her leaked material. To me and to some others, it just seems that he wants to be recognized, which is a fair thing. Maybe the approach of how to get it has changed after this experience.

How many songs has she not written by herself?  I'm a bit disappointed.  I know her lyrics sometimes seem cut-and-paste of very specific motifs and are repeated often.  But still, you think there's an underlying "thing" underneath.  A lot of great artists do that and it's something that attracted to me Lana's music. You get the feeling the artist is digging towards a certain idea more and more and there's something internally important about whatever idea/turn of phrase/etc. that the artist uses so much. 

I completely agree, I love the way you describe it! AKA, Born to Die, Paradise - hell, even Sirens, you can all tell they came from Lana just by listening to the lyrics. Even if she has developed herself as an artist, you can still hear and see that she hasn't completely gone away from that "thing" she started out with. 

1olt2g.jpg

lol shameless. 

he told me it all depends on the muse - she writes a lot, but sometimes he writes everything. don't buy it tbh. feels like he just edits her work, adds in a few lines, etc. if he even knows her

VyIsfwC.jpg