lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

Born to Die and Paradise fit perfectly together, both sonicly and lyricly. What I find interesting is that Lana definitely has her own sound, but it's such a motley mixture of influences that it's hard to describe. All of the leaks and music recorded prior to Born to Die/Paradise are almost like she is trying to find and hone her sound, with some difficulty getting it just right. I hope she does go a little more pop and not as cerebral on the next record. Go Go Dancer, Playing Dangerous, Serial Killer, Match Made in Heaven are all killer tracks and suit her vulnerable/sex kitten diva vibe. That would be a killer album right there lol :)

Sometimes when an artist is in the beginning stages of album development they have a certain idea of what sound they want, but end up with something totally different. A lot of ideas and plans get scrapped if a certain sound starts to rise to the surface during the songwriting and song discussion. I can't see Lana going totally stripped down, but then again the slower songs do suit her voice better.

Born to Die and Paradise fit perfectly together, both sonicly and lyricly. What I find interesting is that Lana definitely has her own sound, but it's such a motley mixture of influences that it's hard to describe. All of the leaks and music recorded prior to Born to Die/Paradise are almost like she is trying to find and hone her sound, with some difficulty getting it just right. I hope she does go a little more pop and not as cerebral on the next record. Go Go Dancer, Playing Dangerous, Serial Killer, Match Made in Heaven are all killer tracks and suit her vulnerable/sex kitten diva vibe. That would be a killer album right there lol :)

Lana cares about presenting herself sonically in an organized way, she even said that she likes to base a record around 1 song. So I'm sure we'll get an unique mixture of sounds with this album too.