lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

I guess the people who needs things in colour are the same people who dont watch subtitled movies because they don't want to "read" while watching.

Strange.

Anyway, i'm glad the video is bnw, matches the song perfectly. 

Well, I wanted the video to be in colour because the photographs looked amazing and I didn't want it to look like the Blue Jeans video (which I believe was shot in B&W to keep the crocodiles more real, as they were made out of rubber or something and colour would've simply ruined the effect).

My native language isn't english and I watch subtitled films all the time, just because I hate dubbings and I always like to hear the original audio/language.

ZmJh1LG.jpg

I guess the people who needs things in colour are the same people who dont watch subtitled movies because they don't want to "read" while watching.

how does an appreciation for color relate to a distaste for subtitles? black and white film doesn't make the viewing any more or less difficult, does it? 

sounds like a pretentious comparison from my perspective but maybe i'm just not understanding yours

:erm:

ZRBNill.jpg

i think black and white can get dull unless the cinematography is beyond gorgeous 

so i suppose in a way it is more difficult to create something truly beautiful without color. never thought of it that way but maybe there is an actual reason for that bit of pretense? not a fan of the blue jeans video but we'll see how this goes 

parts of the preview seem a bit DIY and if that's the case i'm already in love 

ZRBNill.jpg

It's unlikely that she'll put leaked/unreleased songs on the record. If anything, she might pull a yayo and redo kill kill or something. But I really don't want her to do that because I need new songs

Oh yeah, I forgot about Yayo. But that was only one song. There are a few on the possible tracklist.

And yeah, I need new songs too!!

I want you to leave... Now

:scream:

Yes! 

Because it looks fucking terrible.

The black and white effect gives it class and meaning.

I just hate black and white videos... I think Blue Jeans would have been 10x better in color.

Meh.. Maybe It'll fit better with this one...

Noo! The black and white effect gave it emotion!

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

I saw that on Tumblr, but I thought it was just a fan mix or somethin'. Dear god, it sounds nothing like Lana :toofunny:

I live in the uk and noticed that after the radio mix came out my preorder of West Coast had been cancelled and I had to do it all over again. I hope We're not getting that stupid radio mix... I nearly killed myself after hearing the official version of dark paradise, I can't go through that again.

:defeated:

Praying that with the West Coast video comes the long overdue news.

Album cover, track list and official release date. :pray2:

No, it must come now:suicide:

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

What are the old songs on her tracklist? And how do people know they are being considered?

She talked about them in an interview

Is this on YouTube?

:excited:

No it was a magazine interview, around the time Paradise came out

I think you're talking about this one from 2012. On page 3 the interviewer mentions that she put Yayo on the Paradise Edition and asks Lana if she plans to rerelease AKA.

Her answer: "Comme pour Yayo, j’aimerais retravailler certaines de ces chansons, comme Kill Kill ou Mermaid Motel. Elles signifient beaucoup pour moi, elles racontent ma vie plus que toutes autres, mes virées à Coney Island où je venais me recharger en énergie… Mais je n’aime pas leur production, je ne pourrais pas les ressortir telles quelles. Je les ai enregistrées il y a six ans, une éternité… Yayo, c’est un moment fondamental de ma vie. Un déclic. Ma première vidéo… Très comique."

my Translation: "Like I did with Yayo I'd like to rework some of these songs, like Kill Kill or Mermaid Motel. They mean a lot to me, they talk about my life more than all others, my trips to Coney Island where I went to relax...But I don't like their production, I couldn't release them like they are. I've registered them 6 years ago, an eternity... Yayo, it's a fundamental moment of my life. An epiphany. My first video...very funny."

Well, french isn't my first language but I think it shouldn't be completey wrong. ;)

Although I'm not really a fan of the Paradise version of Yayo I'd really like a redrecord of one of those songs for UV, but only one. AKA's Yayo was already perfect imo, but for Kill Kill and Mermaid Motel there's still a potential of making them even better. (Shouldn't mean they aren't good enough like they are, actually they are my favourite tracks off AKA) The rest of UV should be completely new material. :agree:

EDIT: Just found the thread about that interview which also includes a full translation.

lana_takeitoff_notxb4uwe.gif