lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

I think you're talking about this one from 2012. On page 3 the interviewer mentions that she put Yayo on the Paradise Edition and asks Lana if she plans to rerelease AKA.

Her answer: "Comme pour Yayo, j’aimerais retravailler certaines de ces chansons, comme Kill Kill ou Mermaid Motel. Elles signifient beaucoup pour moi, elles racontent ma vie plus que toutes autres, mes virées à Coney Island où je venais me recharger en énergie… Mais je n’aime pas leur production, je ne pourrais pas les ressortir telles quelles. Je les ai enregistrées il y a six ans, une éternité… Yayo, c’est un moment fondamental de ma vie. Un déclic. Ma première vidéo… Très comique."

my Translation: "Like I did with Yayo I'd like to rework some of these songs, like Kill Kill or Mermaid Motel. They mean a lot to me, they talk about my life more than all others, my trips to Coney Island where I went to relax...But I don't like their production, I couldn't release them like they are. I've registered them 6 years ago, an eternity... Yayo, it's a fundamental moment of my life. An epiphany. My first video...very funny."

Well, french isn't my first language but I think it shouldn't be completey wrong. ;)

Although I'm not really a fan of the Paradise version of Yayo I'd really like a redrecord of one of those songs for UV, but only one. AKA's Yayo was already perfect imo, but for Kill Kill and Mermaid Motel there's still a potential of making them even better. (Shouldn't mean they aren't good enough like they are, actually they are my favourite tracks off AKA) The rest of UV should be completely new material. :agree:

EDIT: Just found the thread about that interview which also includes a full translation.

Is she fucking crazy she doesn't like the production of AKA? That album is fucking ***FLAWLESS

Is she fucking crazy she doesn't like the production of AKA? That album is fucking ***FLAWLESS

A lot of great artists are insecure about there work, it's a shame really 'cause this means if we ever do get AKA it'll be a remastered version, walkie talkies replacing guns and whatnot.

:eek:

I think you're talking about this one from 2012. On page 3 the interviewer mentions that she put Yayo on the Paradise Edition and asks Lana if she plans to rerelease AKA.

Her answer: "Comme pour Yayo, j’aimerais retravailler certaines de ces chansons, comme Kill Kill ou Mermaid Motel. Elles signifient beaucoup pour moi, elles racontent ma vie plus que toutes autres, mes virées à Coney Island où je venais me recharger en énergie… Mais je n’aime pas leur production, je ne pourrais pas les ressortir telles quelles. Je les ai enregistrées il y a six ans, une éternité… Yayo, c’est un moment fondamental de ma vie. Un déclic. Ma première vidéo… Très comique."

my Translation: "Like I did with Yayo I'd like to rework some of these songs, like Kill Kill or Mermaid Motel. They mean a lot to me, they talk about my life more than all others, my trips to Coney Island where I went to relax...But I don't like their production, I couldn't release them like they are. I've registered them 6 years ago, an eternity... Yayo, it's a fundamental moment of my life. An epiphany. My first video...very funny."

Well, french isn't my first language but I think it shouldn't be completey wrong. ;)

Although I'm not really a fan of the Paradise version of Yayo I'd really like a redrecord of one of those songs for UV, but only one. AKA's Yayo was already perfect imo, but for Kill Kill and Mermaid Motel there's still a potential of making them even better. (Shouldn't mean they aren't good enough like they are, actually they are my favourite tracks off AKA) The rest of UV should be completely new material. :agree:

EDIT: Just found the thread about that interview which also includes a full translation.

Thank you!

I hoped someone will link the interview since I'm not good with remembering what happened in which one

Ugh!!!

:defeated:

We already have two songs from UV why does this album feel 1000 miles away?

If we don't get the west coast vid sometime over the next three days I'm gonna

:suicide:

Last night, in Atlanta, she said that the video was coming soon. I nearly screamed my head off.

tumblr_ma0935r5Ds1rbghbvo1_500.gif

Last night, in Atlanta, she said that the video was coming soon. I nearly screamed my head off.

I wish she'd give an exact date but I suppose this story implies it'll come over the weekend... Was she any good? The singing I mean?

I can't believe we're just one month away from the release and she has only revealed two song titles  :prettyhurts:

I can't believe you can't believe Lana has just revealed two titles when you know how Lana is :awkney2:

image.png

She was so good. I'm gonna make a blog post about the whole experience soon, but she was really good.

I did watch one of her Coachella performances on YouTube... She's come so far since SNL

:crying4:

Two new titles? When? When when when?

:pray2:

Fuckin west coast and Cruel world, calm down like how tf did you get 2 new titles out of what they said? like damn...

89550-F07-DF2-F-4739-9-AB0-552-DF4549773.jpg

Fuckin west coast and Cruel world, calm down like how tf did you get 2 new titles out of what they said? like damn...

I got it from the way they said "just" got two new titles... I mean WC was announced back early April and CW isn't exactly fresh news either, so the word "just" led me to assume there was some big news I had yet to hear. And also calm your fucking language. Like damn...

:wtfney:

:runs:

the biggest shade of Mariah's life was doing AI and everyone seeing how poorly articulated and kind of dumb she is LOL

Dumb enough to win over 400 awards.

5 Grammys

Over 140 for her SONG WRITING.

So dumb and inarticulate.

FYI, Mariah NEVER has "Ghost Writers" in her career and she's also the producer of her own songs.